Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Question on Delta Medallion match + Aeroflot Bonus program

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2016, 7:52 am
Original Poster

Question on Delta Medallion match + Aeroflot Bonus program

Dear Skyteam gurus - I currently have *G on Star Alliance. I have sent a status match challenge on the Delta SkyMiles website. I will be starting to do the BRU<=>SVO leg on Aeroflot starting next week. In a year, I will likely be doing ~20 round-trips on this segment. Any advice on whether it makes sense to stick with Delta Skymiles (I have no status there), or bank all my miles and segments on Aeroflot Bonus. Thanks for any advice here.
Old Feb 3, 2017, 11:01 am

Programs: BA Silver, ST Elite+ (FB), MR Plat for Life, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold
SU ia fine as both a carrier and the FFP. Both DL and SU are similar in miles accrual. Unless you fly with Delta but you do with SU just stick to latter. SU almost never upgrades other FFPs but it does to its FFs when flights get overbooked. Plus, only SU lets you use all its lounges on flights within Russia if you are E+.
Old Mar 2, 2017, 12:53 am

Programs: Delta, China airlines
Crediting the miles to Delta would be better if someone else pays for your ticket because its a revenue based program.
Old Mar 2, 2017, 8:41 am

Originally Posted by Tommyli88
Crediting the miles to Delta would be better if someone else pays for your ticket because its a revenue based program.
That only holds for flights on Delta ticket stock and I do not expect OP to book BRU-SVO on DL stock (not sure if that is even possible?). Also, stauts in DL's program is still calculated based on mileage.
Old Mar 6, 2017, 7:59 pm
C W

Programs: DL PM, AS MVP 75K, HH/SPG/MR Gold, Amex Plat, PRG, CSR
Unless your flights are on Delta ticket stock or you are flying in Premium Economy or Business Class you will not earn good rates flying Aeroflot and crediting to Delta. No economy class even earns 100% RDMs. You can see how your fare classes will earn here:

http://www.delta.com/content/www/en_...-airlines.html
Old Apr 6, 2017, 3:25 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by C W
Unless your flights are on Delta ticket stock or you are flying in Premium Economy or Business Class you will not earn good rates flying Aeroflot and crediting to Delta. No economy class even earns 100% RDMs. You can see how your fare classes will earn here:

http://www.delta.com/content/www/en_...-airlines.html
Thanks all for the replies. I will stick to the SU FFP for now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.