Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > SkyTeam
Reload this Page >

Just what would you experts recommend ?

Old Jul 30, 2016, 5:30 am
Original Poster

As a novice, this seems to be the place to ask. I want to spend 500k miles on 2xBusiness seats for wife and self. Reasonably straight forward ;
London to Sydney (Aus) and back, but stopping over in Singapore on the way out.
I've been trying to work out the options as to which airline I can do this with ,without incurring extra miles etc.
I tried an email to the help desk,but had a stock reply re. the booking tool,but I couldn't see a stopover option.
I will call the desk, but it would be good to call them with the back up of experts on here!
Thanks.
Ps If it's actually easier to fly in to somewhere else other than Sydney, then that's what we will have to do, and pay for an onward connection.
Old Jul 31, 2016, 9:58 am

Programs: FB Plat, IHG RA Spire, TK Elite+, HH Diamond, LH SEN, Marriott Titanium
500k miles with which airline / source?

What dates?
Old Jul 31, 2016, 1:24 pm
Original Poster

KL/AF. 500k miles is standard redemption to AUS from the UK at anytime, for two Business seats.
Old Aug 19, 2016, 8:42 am

Programs: FB Gold
Your most likely option would be UK-SIN on KL or AF then SIN-SYD via CAN on CZ (China Southern) You are allowed 1 stopover on a return ticket (transfers don't count as stopover). The return again is most likely to be available on CZ with a transfer in CAN. Be aware you generally need to book many months in advance to get 2 business tickets
Old Aug 22, 2016, 4:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
I don't think you will be able to have a stopover in SIN without additional cost. There is no Skyteam airline based at SIN so it is not a natural or normal stopover point for itineraries from Europe to Australia. You are probably going to find yourself changing planes in Jakarta, Ho Chih Minh, Taipei or somewhere in China - dependent on what flights might be available at the lowest rate on your chosen date.

You can have one stopover on a return flight, but that does not give you the right or the ability to dictate where that stop is - particular when (as in the present case) you have "chosen" a stopover that is not a stopover for FB awards from Europe to Australia.

Anyway, given that you can only book Flying Blue awards with a stopover by ringing Flying Blue, you should ring and enquire. If you must stopover in Singapore, you may have to separately arrange for transport from your stopover point to there.
Old Sep 6, 2016, 7:55 am
Original Poster

Booked 2 x J from Singapore to Auckland on China Eastern, no problem. For €267 for both of us, I call that a pretty good deal. It might not be an A380, but as long as they get me there safely who cares.
Old Sep 7, 2016, 4:11 am

Programs: FB Gold
Originally Posted by MynameisBryan
Booked 2 x J from Singapore to Auckland on China Eastern, no problem. For €267 for both of us, I call that a pretty good deal. It might not be an A380, but as long as they get me there safely who cares.
Sounds good, glad you found something

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.