Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > SkyTeam
Reload this Page >

Inform airlines I'll be writing a review to board earlier ?

Old Jun 24, 2016, 7:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: AF Ultimate, BA Gold, LH senator, EK Gold, Marriot Bonvoy Platinum ambassador, Hyatt Globalist

I'm flying to JFK from Paris CDG with air France next July. As I'll be reviewing my experience of this flight on flight-report.com and in order to get great picture of the cabin before other people board, should I inform Air France that I'll be reviewing this flight and ask them for an early boarding ?
Thanks
Seb

Last edited by cbasti1; Jun 24, 2016 at 7:53 am Reason: mistakes
Old Jun 25, 2016, 5:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
You can always ask, but I doubt they will let you board before anybody else just for this reason. And if you want to write a fair review, it is always better to not let the crew know that you make a review because they may change their behavior. If you fly Y, just queue early at the gate to be among the 1st to board. But you won't be the 1st in the cabin, as SkyPriority pax will board first.
Old Jun 25, 2016, 6:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
Originally Posted by cbasti1
I'm flying to JFK from Paris CDG with air France next July. As I'll be reviewing my experience of this flight on flight-report.com and in order to get great picture of the cabin before other people board, should I inform Air France that I'll be reviewing this flight and ask them for an early boarding ?
Thanks
Seb
You could try to convince someone at AF marketing to assist. Their willingness would probably depend on the journalistic merit of the proposed review.
Old Jun 25, 2016, 8:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: AF Ultimate, BA Gold, LH senator, EK Gold, Marriot Bonvoy Platinum ambassador, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Goldorak
You can always ask, but I doubt they will let you board before anybody else just for this reason. And if you want to write a fair review, it is always better to not let the crew know that you make a review because they may change their behavior. If you fly Y, just queue early at the gate to be among the 1st to board. But you won't be the 1st in the cabin, as SkyPriority pax will board first.
I think at least they will let me board first in the SkyPriority line.
Old Jun 27, 2016, 2:53 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
I doubt it. Reviews are posted online every day, and I doubt the gate agent will be familiar with that specific website. My bet is that they will take it as a ploy to get priority boarding.
Old Jul 2, 2016, 1:52 am

Programs: DL Gold / AA Gold
Unlikely unless you get a very understanding GA.

To get best pics you need the combination of paid F, Gate Lice, and DYKWIA.

Or settle with an empty cabin once every deplanes at CDG and use you skills to find an angle that looks fine.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.