FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   SkyTeam (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/skyteam-412/)
-   -   Inform airlines I'll be writing a review to board earlier ? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/skyteam/1774188-inform-airlines-ill-writing-review-board-earlier.html)

cbasti1 Jun 24, 2016 7:53 am

Inform airlines I'll be writing a review to board earlier ?

I'm flying to JFK from Paris CDG with air France next July. As I'll be reviewing my experience of this flight on flight-report.com and in order to get great picture of the cabin before other people board, should I inform Air France that I'll be reviewing this flight and ask them for an early boarding ?
Thanks
Seb

Goldorak Jun 25, 2016 5:57 am

You can always ask, but I doubt they will let you board before anybody else just for this reason. And if you want to write a fair review, it is always better to not let the crew know that you make a review because they may change their behavior. If you fly Y, just queue early at the gate to be among the 1st to board. But you won't be the 1st in the cabin, as SkyPriority pax will board first.

Non-NonRev Jun 25, 2016 6:02 am

Originally Posted by cbasti1 (Post 26824544)
I'm flying to JFK from Paris CDG with air France next July. As I'll be reviewing my experience of this flight on flight-report.com and in order to get great picture of the cabin before other people board, should I inform Air France that I'll be reviewing this flight and ask them for an early boarding ?
Thanks
Seb

You could try to convince someone at AF marketing to assist. Their willingness would probably depend on the journalistic merit of the proposed review.

cbasti1 Jun 25, 2016 8:51 am

Originally Posted by Goldorak (Post 26828735)
You can always ask, but I doubt they will let you board before anybody else just for this reason. And if you want to write a fair review, it is always better to not let the crew know that you make a review because they may change their behavior. If you fly Y, just queue early at the gate to be among the 1st to board. But you won't be the 1st in the cabin, as SkyPriority pax will board first.

I think at least they will let me board first in the SkyPriority line.

Xandrios Jun 27, 2016 2:53 am

I doubt it. Reviews are posted online every day, and I doubt the gate agent will be familiar with that specific website. My bet is that they will take it as a ploy to get priority boarding.

JohnnyRockets Jul 2, 2016 1:52 am

Unlikely unless you get a very understanding GA.

To get best pics you need the combination of paid F, Gate Lice, and DYKWIA. :D

Or settle with an empty cabin once every deplanes at CDG and use you skills to find an angle that looks fine.