Community
Wiki Posts
Search

WorldPerks (if someone still remember?)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2015, 12:13 am
Original Poster

I wonder if someone still remember the transformation of WorldPerks?

It was because I flew with KLM in 2005, joined WorldPerks. It seems that in 2009 WorldPerks merged with SkyMiles. From then on I started getting SkyMiles statement from Delta (which I never fly with).

I am wondering why KLM is (has been) one of the Flying Blue and my earlier miles were not credited to the Flying Blue program? I figure out that I am also a Flying Blue member (!).

I am slowly learning about the miles thing as in the past I don't fly so frequently. Most miles saved up expired before I got enough to redeem.

Last edited by ahtai; Jul 23, 2015 at 12:27 am
Old Jul 23, 2015, 1:57 am

Programs: BA Avios, UA MP, AA, Choice, Club Carlson

If you credited ur klm flights to nwa worldperks, then they became delta miles in the conversion. If u credited ur klm flights to klms own program then they would be flying blue points. Depends on where u chose to deposit ur miles.
Old Jul 23, 2015, 2:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
In the past, it depended on where you lived. In Europe they would not let you join Worldperks. I seem to recall that if you even moved to Europe, they closed your account, and transferred the miles to AF/KL.

They stopped this at some point before the merger.
Old Jul 23, 2015, 7:37 pm
Original Poster

thank you.
I am more clear now. So in practice/theory I no longer a FB member because my a/c was transferred to SkyMiles.
(That's annoying because I am going to fly Kenya Airways and I need to join a FB as a new FFP.)
Old Jul 24, 2015, 5:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by ahtai
thank you.
I am more clear now. So in practice/theory I no longer a FB member because my a/c was transferred to SkyMiles.
(That's annoying because I am going to fly Kenya Airways and I need to join a FB as a new FFP.)
You could certainly join FB now. I'd just check to see how much you'll earn. Many partners and coach flights earn little to nothing on many FF plans.
Old Jul 31, 2015, 8:58 am

Programs: AF/KL FB Plat 4L, VA Vel Silver, BA EC, LH M&M
Are you aware that you can credit your miles from Kenya Airways to Delta, too?
Old Aug 3, 2015, 12:26 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cityflyer369
Are you aware that you can credit your miles from Kenya Airways to Delta, too?
Thanks for the remind. Yes I know I can credit KQ to Delta or Korean Air. Now is a bit troubled by to which should I credit. Both FFPs are new to me and I have been studying the various redemption policies.
Old Aug 3, 2015, 4:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
In the past, it depended on where you lived. In Europe they would not let you join Worldperks. I seem to recall that if you even moved to Europe, they closed your account, and transferred the miles to AF/KL.
Also if you lived in the US you could not join Flying Dutchman. Nor could you buy KLM flights from the US from KLM. You had to do everything through NW. But you could join AF's Frequence Plus. I had a lot of orphaned NW miles when I moved to Europe, and I gave them away to family.

Anyhow, for the OP you should first decide if you are going to be a business class flier or cheap economy. That will help you to understand which program to join. Although with all the Skymiles changes lately, I guess it has become more like Flying Blue.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.