Wiki Posts
Search

Best Skyteam Lounge JFK T1

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2015, 4:46 am
DX9
Original Poster

Best Skyteam Lounge JFK T1

Hello all. I'm new here and to the whole flying on a regular basis thing.

I'll be flying to JFK on delta, and to Saudi Arabia on Saudia. (First class and business class respectively.)

The flights aren't connecting flights...I booked them separately because it was a ridiculous deal (about 1000 dollars total). I have about 6 hours on layover.

Anyways, to the point: I believe that I should have access to the Terminal 1 SkyTeam lounges. I wanted to know what you thought the best lounge is in T1. I know there have been a few threads on this already, however none addressed my specific points of interest. (They were sorta opposite my interests.)

By order of importance to me:
  • I would like to take a shower to relax before flying.
  • I would rather not have to fight for an outlet.
  • I'm pretty much ok with spartan food/drink if I can get the shower.

While I know the lounges all pretty much have shower access. I haven't found any reviews about them.

Should I expect something grimy and on-par with a gym shower? What is the etiquette for a lounge shower? Do you ask for a shower key or something along those lines at the front desk? Do they provide a shower kit? Are you expected to tip when helped?

Sorry for the barrage of questions. Many thanks for your help!
Old Mar 8, 2015, 6:56 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, National Executive
While I can't recommend a lounge, I can address the following:

Ask at the lounge checkin. Some will give you a key there, others will direct you to a desk for shower check-in.

Showers tend to be at the level of a hotel shower. Like hotels, some are better than others. Just checked out of a Springfield Suite, lounges have all been better than that.. At a minimum, expect soap, shampoo and towels. I haven't run into a really gross one.

I don't tip.

Last edited by Gamecock; Mar 8, 2015 at 10:54 am
Old Mar 9, 2015, 1:57 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
KE lounge has a very basic shower. You need to ask at the front desk to get the room unlocked.
Old Mar 15, 2015, 8:55 am

Programs: ITA Executive for life; AZ CFP "per sempre" (ST E+); LH SEN; BA Bronze
You should also have access to Delta lounges in T4 which have better shower facilities.
Old Jun 7, 2015, 10:24 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by raistlin
You should also have access to Delta lounges in T4 which have better shower facilities.
This. The AF lounge shower in T1 is DISGUSTING. I walked in, took a look around, and immediately returned the towel and toiletries to the front desk.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.