Reload this Page >

China Southern ST Elite Luggage allowance

Old Nov 6, 2014, 5:00 pm
QG
Original Poster

Programs: QF WP, SQ TPPS

I am travelling from Australia with China Southern to CAN, then CDG on an AF ticket.

The first leg was on CZ metal and flight no. The ST website states that E/E+ under the piece system are allowed 1 extra piece, whereas under the weight system are allowed an extra 10kg.

My AF ticket allows me 2 pc (32kg ea). So I surmised that under the ST rules, I would be allowed an extra pc @ 32kg. Not so, the agent and the CZ manager informed me.

As an ST E, I was allowed 2 pcs per my ticket but the extra pc was limited to 10kg. Why? I ask, seeing as my ticket clearly under the piece concept.

Apparently CZ's rules are that after the 2 pcs, any extra pieces automatically change to the weight concept and therefore limited to 10kg!

Show me where on the website it says that, I say. Unable to find it, but it's written in "The Book", he says.

Has anyone else encountered this before? It sounds like a stark difference to what the Skyteam website says?
Old Nov 7, 2014, 5:40 am
QG
Original Poster

Programs: QF WP, SQ TPPS
An update:

I checked with the lounge attendant at the Sky Pearl Business lounge in Guangzhou, who confirmed that my original surmise was correct - under the piece system, ST E/E+ are entitled to 2pcs + 1 extra pc, either 23kg in economy or 32kg in business, not the 10kg that the outstation staff were adamant was the case.

I feel I really should contact someone to "re-educate" the station staff who are enforcing erroneous policy. Any suggestions?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.