Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > SkyTeam
Reload this Page >

Skyteam lounge use at BKK airport after flight from HAN possible??

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Skyteam lounge use at BKK airport after flight from HAN possible??

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2024, 6:58 am
Original Poster

Question Skyteam lounge use at BKK airport after flight from HAN possible??

Hi there,
I'm Flying Blue Gold - travelling with Vietnam Airlines (Skyteam) from HAN(Hanoi) - BKK(Bangkok) Airport. After arriving BKK I'll be having a 5 hour layover before a domestic flight with ThaiAir to KBV.
The onward domestic flight is not skyteam, however I really wanted to use the lounge during my connection. Does anyone know if you can access the lounge AFTER your flight lands bangkok airport? And is it best to do this on the international/domestic side?

Thanks in Advance
Old Jan 8, 2024, 9:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
Arrivals is segregated from the departure area so you'd have to get back to int'l departures which you can't do with a domestic BP.
semaj93 likes this.
Old Jan 8, 2024, 10:32 am
Original Poster

Thankyou! Do you know if there are any good paid lounges in BKK? Any you recommend?
Old Jan 8, 2024, 11:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by YVR Cockroach
Arrivals is segregated from the departure area so you'd have to get back to int'l departures which you can't do with a domestic BP.
Correct. And even if OP would have flown internationally out of BKK, he/she would not have been able to access a ST lounge without a BP for a departing SkyTeam flight.
Old Jan 8, 2024, 7:14 pm

Programs: |QF Platinum|DL Platinum|HH Gold|ALL Silver|
Originally Posted by semaj93
Thankyou! Do you know if there are any good paid lounges in BKK? Any you recommend?
Because I think you are in the domestic terminal, there is only one lounge there, the Coral Executive Lounge, I think you can purchase access.

https://www.coralthailand.com/destin...l-airport.html
Old Jan 26, 2024, 11:20 am

Programs: AC*SE • LH*SEN • AA*EP • MB*A • WOH*G • HH*G
Originally Posted by Goldorak
Correct. And even if OP would have flown internationally out of BKK, he/she would not have been able to access a ST lounge without a BP for a departing SkyTeam flight.
Has there ever been anyone who managed to get in with an arrival BP? I know this is usually the case for many North American / some EU carriers and not really how it works here. But this has been on my mind for a while.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.