STPC guangzhou (China Southern)

Old Apr 17, 14, 8:59 pm
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Dynasty Frequent Flyer (Elite Plus),Accor Platinum

Any Experiences and what to expect?
Meeting up with family coming from Australia and I am flying in from Taipei so we are both eligible for the STPC.

Flying out the next morning to London.
Will the Skyteam elite plus membership get me anything better than what the economy non-members get? I read somewhere that the economy passengers are bused to a 3 star while business class, first class and China southern members ( Gold and Silver) are bused to a 4-5 star hotel.

Thanks in advance. This is going to be end of May (29th).
Old Apr 18, 14, 12:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge 2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, UA Mileage plus, Le Club Accorhotels platinum
STPC ???
Old Apr 18, 14, 3:28 am
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

What is stpc?

STPC means.... stopover paid by carrier...

Even though its actually not a stopover its actually a transit.
The airline provides accomdation for overnight stop over.

We arrive at about 4-5pm and then fly out at 9am the next day.
Old Apr 18, 14, 5:03 am

Programs: UA 1K, DL PM
Originally Posted by tris06 View Post
I read somewhere that the economy passengers are bused to a 3 star while business class, first class and China southern members ( Gold and Silver) are bused to a 4-5 star hotel.

Thanks in advance. This is going to be end of May (29th).
Unless they're putting C pax in the Pullman right at the airport, then there isn't much difference in the so called "4-5 Star" hotels from the regular "3 Star" hotel in China if not an international chain. It's been a few years but I can't remember any big chain hotels near CAN except the Pullman.
Old Apr 18, 14, 5:28 am
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

well

I do live in China. So i know they are not the same quality. But i have tried 3 stars in China which can be hmm well thats can be horrible. But atleast 4-5 so called stars in China it will be better. I dont think they use the Pullman.

We are considering to just book the Pullman. But if this other hotel is just a little bit less for free i wont mind that. Its just to sleep.
Old Aug 27, 15, 7:48 pm

@ tris06 Since you live in China or may have passed over Guangzhou so can you please advise me about the night time market opening hours and whats the cheapest and yet safest mode of transport to china market at the Evening from hotels ? Thanks

Shaun
Melbourne.
Old Aug 28, 15, 8:15 am
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

[QUOTE=Shaun_Mel15;25339352]@ tris06 Since you live in China or may have passed over Guangzhou so can you please advise me about the night time market opening hours and whats the cheapest and yet safest mode of transport to china market at the Evening from hotels ? Thanks

Well I have tried both hotels CZ usually sends passengers depending on if your flying business class or economy/PE.

If your flying Business class you will be at the Pullman hotel. Which is close to the airport and also a 3-5min walk to the metro.

Most places in guangzhou close down by 10pm. There is no night market to speak of but you can take the train to a shopping centre (you can ask hotel staff) or take the train to the riverside (pearl river in the city centre which is quite nice at night if you want to absorb the atmosphere(Zhujiang New Town)5min walk towards canton tower direction past the US embassy.

Trains will take atleast 30-35mins each way to get to the city centre.

If your in economy or Prem economy then likely they will send you to the Gloria Hotel, which is nice enough considering its free.
But its not near much apart from a KFC downstairs. If you want to go to the city centre then you would need to take the taxi.

I never did when I was at the Gloria hotel because when you only have 12-14hrs between flights its best to get a good night sleep.

Also reminder, make sure your travel agent has organised the hotel with CZ. If your not going through an agent then you need to ring CZ to organise before you depart.
Old Aug 29, 15, 4:14 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: up in the air
[QUOTE=tris06;25341747]
Originally Posted by Shaun_Mel15 View Post
Also reminder, make sure your travel agent has organised the hotel with CZ. If your not going through an agent then you need to ring CZ to organise before you depart.
Not necessarily. When on an eligible itinerary I've always been asked at check-in, and again on disembarkation, if I want a hotel room booked.