Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > SkyTeam
Reload this Page >

Elite Benefits with One Booking (DL status on MU)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2014, 3:42 am
Original Poster

Hello, I am flying DEL-TPE tomorrow on MU and I have silver status with Delta. I booked my tickets with three of my friends so that we're all on the same itinerary. With the elite benefits I know that I get one extra piece of luggage. My question is that I was wondering if that benefit carries over to the other people in my group. So would we get five bags (4+1) or eight bags (4+4)? Thanks and sorry if this question was already posted somewhere else.
Old Feb 5, 2014, 10:06 am

Programs: DL Platinum, 1 MM
Originally Posted by TheDream
Hello, I am flying DEL-TPE tomorrow on MU and I have silver status with Delta. I booked my tickets with three of my friends so that we're all on the same itinerary. With the elite benefits I know that I get one extra piece of luggage. My question is that I was wondering if that benefit carries over to the other people in my group. So would we get five bags (4+1) or eight bags (4+4)? Thanks and sorry if this question was already posted somewhere else.
My understanding is that if you are on the same reservation record it carries over provided you are the one who made the reservation. But to be sure you should call Delta.
Old Feb 5, 2014, 2:18 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by drminn
My understanding is that if you are on the same reservation record it carries over provided you are the one who made the reservation. But to be sure you should call Delta.
OP would want to contact MU. Does MU recognize your status online? They are Skyteam but the website isn't clear with allotment if any extra for Skyteam that I saw.

http://us.ceair.com/muovc/main/en_US...aration.html#3
Old Feb 5, 2014, 2:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This may help:- http://www.skyteam.com/en/Why-SkyTeam/SkyTeam-Benefits/
My uneducated guess it would apply to you only. A Delta flight may be different
Old Feb 6, 2014, 12:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Since this question is specifically about SkyTeam benefits, I'll move it to the SkyTeam forum where the experts therein can provide further input.

Please note this thread originated in the flame-free Information Desk forum.

jackal
Moderator, Information Desk

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.