Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CDG Arrivals Lounge for Sky Team Elite Plus

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2018, 11:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
How do you get from 2C to 2E?
you walk. It takes 10-15 min.
Old Dec 18, 2018, 5:57 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by Zorak
I used it in May. It's not glorious luxury but with a morning arrival it was nice to take a shower and briefly recharge before heading into town.

I found it pretty much as MSPe described in one of the other threads you referenced:
Is it comparable to the Virgin Atlantic arrivals lounge?

I'm guessing it isn't used by that many passengers since, unlike the Virgin Atlantic lounge, Delta doesn't really promote it as an option for eligible passengers. I fly into Paris–CDG two or three times a year and have never been given an invitation to the arrivals lounge, unlike London where even sitting in economy-class as a diamond a flight attendant will give me the card with the information on the lounge and how to get there.
Old Dec 28, 2018, 5:47 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
I used the Air France arrivals lounge the other day, when arriving into Paris–CDG from Detroit in business-class on Delta.

Unlike London–Heathrow, Delta does not promote it. If you didn't know about it nobody would tell you. It took about 10 minutes to walk there from baggage claim. The lounge is basically hidden away behind check-in desks with almost no signage.

Inside, it's pitiful. The breakfast buffet was nearly empty and never restocked during the 40 minutes I was there. No alcohol or cooked-to-order breakfast. They do have unlimited coffee and unlimited Coke or Coke Zero, among other non-alcoholic beverages. I used the shower, which was great. I think having a shower is the only reason you would make the trek here from 2-E.

Last edited by hockeyinsider; Dec 28, 2018 at 5:59 am
Old Mar 8, 2019, 3:53 am

Programs: FB Platinium, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold
Just to let you know, I tested the access to Arrival Lounge on thursday:

- FB Gold
- Mini ticket
- Flying from LHR
- Transit to Reims (TGV - Air Train)

Acces granted with pleasure.
tris06 likes this.
Old Mar 15, 2019, 11:47 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Dynasty Frequent Flyer (Elite Plus),Accor Platinum
Even if this lounge is not that fancy I would not care too much as firstly most of the time I am tired after the flight (usually arrival in the morning from long haul) and wont want to drink alcohol and also usually have been well fed and have not been active. A yogurt, few pieces of cheeses/ham/eggs or even just some milk/cereals is plenty for me (equivalent for afternoon or evening). Drink wise milk/coffee/tea/soft drinks or a juice is plenty. The thing I want the most is a shower in a reasonably comfortable environment if I am too early to check in to the hotel or need to wait for someone after my flight.

Amsterdam options for arrival however is favourable out of the 2.
Zeeb likes this.
Old Mar 15, 2019, 12:27 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by tris06
Even if this lounge is not that fancy I would not care too much as firstly most of the time I am tired after the flight (usually arrival in the morning from long haul) and wont want to drink alcohol and also usually have been well fed and have not been active. A yogurt, few pieces of cheeses/ham/eggs or even just some milk/cereals is plenty for me (equivalent for afternoon or evening). Drink wise milk/coffee/tea/soft drinks or a juice is plenty. The thing I want the most is a shower in a reasonably comfortable environment if I am too early to check in to the hotel or need to wait for someone after my flight.

Amsterdam options for arrival however is favourable out of the 2.
When I was there the breakfast was basically cleaned out with no sign of any replenishment. It was absolutely dreary sitting in the windowless lounge that was devoid of any atmosphere.

The only good parts were the shower and complimentary trouser pressing.

Last edited by hockeyinsider; Mar 15, 2019 at 12:39 pm Reason: typo
Old Mar 15, 2019, 12:39 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
It was absolutely dreary sitting in the windowless lounge that was devoid of any atmosphere.

The only good part was the shower and trouser pressing.
​​​​​While I agree on the description, it seems to me that an arrivals lounge serves a different function than an airside lounge, and in most cases if you spend any significant amount of time in it you're doing something wrong anyway
Old Mar 15, 2019, 12:47 pm
Suspended

​​​​​While I agree on the description, it seems to me that an arrivals lounge serves a different function than an airside lounge, and in most cases if you spend any significant amount of time in it you're doing something wrong anyway
Not necessarily.

With flights to London or Paris there are always the ungodly early flights, which make it very difficult to get a hotel room unless you've booked for the preceding night. If I arrive around 8 o'clock and clear customs and immigration, I can typically be in an arrivals lounge, if I'm very unlucky, by 9 o'clock. I'll then spend 90 minutes or 2 hours there -- shower, change clothes, eat breakfast, read the newspaper, do emails, etc. If I leave the airport at 10:30 or 11, I can be at my hotel by 11:30 or so. It's a little easier to get a room then.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Mar 15, 2019, 12:52 pm

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Not necessarily.

With flights to London or Paris there are always the ungodly early flights, which make it very difficult to get a hotel room unless you've booked for the preceding night. If I arrive around 8 o'clock and clear customs and immigration, I can typically be in an arrivals lounge, if I'm very unlucky, by 9 o'clock. I'll then spend 90 minutes or 2 hours there -- shower, change clothes, eat breakfast, read the newspaper, do emails, etc. If I leave the airport at 10:30 or 11, I can be at my hotel by 11:30 or so. It's a little easier to get a room then.
The hotel likely has a lobby area, business center, or lounge with nicer ambience where you can do those same things.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Mar 15, 2019, 1:10 pm
Suspended

The hotel likely has a lobby area, business center, or lounge with nicer ambience where you can do those same things.
I prefer to be refreshed and not smelly before I get to the hotel. Plus, I want to get my money's worth by utilizing every service the airline or its partners offer.
Old Mar 15, 2019, 3:01 pm

I prefer to be refreshed and not smelly before I get to the hotel.
Since I apparently need to spell this out step by step, I'm suggesting that it's possible to take a shower at the arrivals lounge, optionally grab a quick bite, *then* head to the hotel if the hotel provides facilities with better ambience than the arrivals lounge

Plus, I want to get my money's worth by utilizing every service the airline or its partners offer.
If that's more important to you than enjoying your surroundings, I certainly won't stop you...
Goldorak, tris06 and KL714 like this.
Old Mar 16, 2019, 11:32 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Plus, I want to get my money's worth by utilizing every service the airline or its partners offer.
This clarifies a lot regarding your posting history on FT...

Regards
Old Apr 10, 2019, 9:17 am

Programs: DL Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, Hertz Prez Circle, National Exec
All I want from an arrivals lounge is a place to shower and freshen up before heading in to town. Just wish this one was actually near where the long haul arrivals land.
SkyteamEP likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.