Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > SkyTeam
Reload this Page >

CDG Arrivals Lounge for Sky Team Elite Plus

CDG Arrivals Lounge for Sky Team Elite Plus

Reply

Old Sep 27, 14, 8:46 pm
  #16  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
2019 FlyerTalk Awards
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Minneapolis: DL DM charter 2.3MM
Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Posts: 77,925
Originally Posted by delanotre View Post
Yes, for free if you are ST elite+, if not you have to pay:

"Discover the Arrivals lounge at Paris-Charles de Gaulle airport, located in Terminal 2C. The lounge offers showers, a buffet and beverages, as well as computer access. Whatever your cabin, you can relax and refresh after your flight or during your connection. The access fee for this lounge is €35 or €50* according to the time of day, subject to availability.
Learn more about the Arrivals lounge

* Rate is €50 between 5:00 AM and 10:00 AM, and €35 after 10:00 AM.
Access to the Arrivals lounge is available for travelers in the La Première cabin, and for Flying Blue Elite Plus members.

http://www.airfrance.us/US/en/common..._airfrance.htm
What you posted seems to say that universitylad and friend will need to pay. They apparently have status through DL and hence are not FB ElitePlus, nor are inty arriving in AF's IFC.

I used the CDG arrivals lounge during the summer and had the impression from what I observed of the interactions between passengers and dragons that the access rules had changed. My guess is that nonFB ElitePlus do not have access, but arriving long haul business class SkyTeam passengers do (in addition to AF FC people).

A convenient alternative which might even be cheaper for two or more people would be to take a day room at the Sheraton right in T2 over the RER station. It's even a shorter walk than the arrivals lounge for those arriving on DL.
MSPeconomist is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 15, 9:15 pm
  #17  
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: ATL
Programs: MR/SPG Plat, HH Gold, DL PM
Posts: 348
Looks like the rules may have changed. Does anyone have an update on this?

"FLYING BLUE GOLD AND PLATINUM OR SKYTEAM ELITE PLUS
You and a guest of your choice can take advantage of free entry to the 530 Air France and SkyTeam lounges. You can access these lounges before your flight's departure when you travel:
on an AIR FRANCE, KLM, or SkyTeam international flight,
on an Air France flight within Paris that departs from Paris-Charles de Gaulle, Paris-Orly West and airports in certain select cities,
on a SkyTeam flight within one country that connects to a SkyTeam international flight on the same day.
If you are a Flying Blue Gold or Platinum member traveling on an Air France intercontinental flight to Paris-Charles de Gaulle, you can access the Arrivals lounge at Terminal 2C.
"

This appears to exclude Skyteam Elite Plus passengers.
Saidoh is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 15, 9:25 pm
  #18  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
2019 FlyerTalk Awards
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Minneapolis: DL DM charter 2.3MM
Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Posts: 77,925
Originally Posted by Saidoh View Post
Looks like the rules may have changed. Does anyone have an update on this?

"FLYING BLUE GOLD AND PLATINUM OR SKYTEAM ELITE PLUS
You and a guest of your choice can take advantage of free entry to the 530 Air France and SkyTeam lounges. You can access these lounges before your flight's departure when you travel:
on an AIR FRANCE, KLM, or SkyTeam international flight,
on an Air France flight within Paris that departs from Paris-Charles de Gaulle, Paris-Orly West and airports in certain select cities,
on a SkyTeam flight within one country that connects to a SkyTeam international flight on the same day.
If you are a Flying Blue Gold or Platinum member traveling on an Air France intercontinental flight to Paris-Charles de Gaulle, you can access the Arrivals lounge at Terminal 2C.
"

This appears to exclude Skyteam Elite Plus passengers.
It also seems to exclude passengers arriving in business class or even IFC on AF or other SkyTeam flights unless they are ElitePlus through FB (AF/KLM).
MSPeconomist is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 15, 8:36 am
  #19  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge 2019 FlyerTalk Awards
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Paris, France
Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, UA Mileage plus, Le Club Accorhotels platinum
Posts: 12,798
Originally Posted by Saidoh View Post
Looks like the rules may have changed. Does anyone have an update on this?

"FLYING BLUE GOLD AND PLATINUM OR SKYTEAM ELITE PLUS
You and a guest of your choice can take advantage of free entry to the 530 Air France and SkyTeam lounges. You can access these lounges before your flight's departure when you travel:
on an AIR FRANCE, KLM, or SkyTeam international flight,
on an Air France flight within Paris that departs from Paris-Charles de Gaulle, Paris-Orly West and airports in certain select cities,
on a SkyTeam flight within one country that connects to a SkyTeam international flight on the same day.
If you are a Flying Blue Gold or Platinum member traveling on an Air France intercontinental flight to Paris-Charles de Gaulle, you can access the Arrivals lounge at Terminal 2C.
"

This appears to exclude Skyteam Elite Plus passengers.
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
It also seems to exclude passengers arriving in business class or even IFC on AF or other SkyTeam flights unless they are ElitePlus through FB (AF/KLM).
J and P pax have access to the arrival lounge. But it seems indeed that Skyteam Elite + other than FB and flying Y do not have access to it (anymore ? Not sure what was the policy before).
Goldorak is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 15, 12:18 pm
  #20  
Accor Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Programs: Dynasty Frequent Flyer (Elite Plus),Accor Platinum
Posts: 1,634
Aww thats a shame

Was this arrival lounge in AF that great? Also from what I have seen from reviews of other arrival lounges they tend to be quite small. Was the lounge over crowding too much?

I never flew in or out of Paris so it dont affect me much though it would have been nice to try out. However will this mean the KLM lounge in Amsterdam will also block off Elite plus members when arriving from international flights?

That is a big one for me as I really like the shower and freshen up after my Long CI flight from Taipei and often onward travel to UK regional airports in eastern England.
tris06 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 15, 12:55 pm
  #21  
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: ATL
Programs: MR/SPG Plat, HH Gold, DL PM
Posts: 348
I used it back in February while traveling on a business class award ticket. So I'm a little bummed that it probably wouldn't work if I were to travel in economy with family as a ST E+.
It was pretty small, but nice and quiet. There were only about 3 other people in the lounge, and I think a total of maybe 5-7 tables available for use, so no overcrowding. My flight had arrived around 11 that Wednesday morning, and they close at 2 pm. I guess they figure by then you should be able to check into your hotel.
Saidoh is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 15, 7:28 am
  #22  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge 2019 FlyerTalk Awards
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Paris, France
Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, UA Mileage plus, Le Club Accorhotels platinum
Posts: 12,798
This lounge is quite busy from 6:30 to 9:30 as this is when most of long-haul flights arrive from US, Asia, Africa. There is often a waiting list for the showers.

So, limiting the eligible people is a way to devpcrease the crowd. But it could be also that other partner airlines are refusing to pay AF for their Elite plus traveling in Y.
Goldorak is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 16, 2:48 am
  #23  
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,112
We have a loung hault AF inbound flight in CDG in the early morning, soon. Our connecting flight will depart 3 hours later from Terminal 2G. My wife and me are Skyteam Elite Plus member. Would it better to use the Arrival Lounge or should we move on to the 2G AF Lounge?
31570324 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 16, 9:04 am
  #24  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge 2019 FlyerTalk Awards
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Paris, France
Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, UA Mileage plus, Le Club Accorhotels platinum
Posts: 12,798
Originally Posted by 31570324 View Post
We have a loung hault AF inbound flight in CDG in the early morning, soon. Our connecting flight will depart 3 hours later from Terminal 2G. My wife and me are Skyteam Elite Plus member. Would it better to use the Arrival Lounge or should we move on to the 2G AF Lounge?
2G lounge is total crap and no shower there.
Goldorak is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 16, 7:35 pm
  #25  
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: USA
Programs: AA PLT, UA GLD, MR-SPG PP, HH Dia, WoH Glob
Posts: 2,581
According to the AF website, it says the opening hours are 5:30am-2pm. Is that accurate? I believe there are a few AF flights arriving from Asia after 2pm.

PARIS – PARIS-CHARLES DE GAULLE AIRPORT – TERMINAL 2C

Our "Air France Arrivals" lounge welcomes you every day from 5:30 AM to 2:00 PM.

Benefit from the following services to help you relax, work and enjoy a meal or refreshment:
Free Wi-Fi access
Local and international newspapers
Refreshments
Selection of hot and cold meals
Showers
Ironing service

Our lounge is accessible to passengers with reduced mobility.
Time traveller is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 16, 1:45 am
  #26  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge 2019 FlyerTalk Awards
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Paris, France
Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, UA Mileage plus, Le Club Accorhotels platinum
Posts: 12,798
Originally Posted by Time traveller View Post
According to the AF website, it says the opening hours are 5:30am-2pm. Is that accurate? I believe there are a few AF flights arriving from Asia after 2pm.
Yes, the opening hours are correct. There are indeed some long-haul flights arriving from the US and Asia after 2 pm, but people arriving at that time usually don't go to work straight on arrival and have access to their hotel room without restriction.
Goldorak is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 16, 6:47 am
  #27  
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: BWI
Programs: DL FO
Posts: 312
I'm sure I'm repeating a question that has been asked and answered, but I've seen conflicting information, so I'm asking again...

My mother and I are flying IAD-CDG tonight in J, arriving tomorrow morning. We are connecting to a CDG-VCE flight in Y. Our connection is only two hours, so long enough that we may have 30-45 minutes of waiting around time, but not long enough to visit the 2C arrivals lounge for a shower. Does our arriving J ticket grant us access to the departures lounges before our connecting flight in Y?
mpheels is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 16, 1:18 pm
  #28  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge 2019 FlyerTalk Awards
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Paris, France
Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, UA Mileage plus, Le Club Accorhotels platinum
Posts: 12,798
Originally Posted by mpheels View Post
I'm sure I'm repeating a question that has been asked and answered, but I've seen conflicting information, so I'm asking again...

My mother and I are flying IAD-CDG tonight in J, arriving tomorrow morning. We are connecting to a CDG-VCE flight in Y. Our connection is only two hours, so long enough that we may have 30-45 minutes of waiting around time, but not long enough to visit the 2C arrivals lounge for a shower. Does our arriving J ticket grant us access to the departures lounges before our connecting flight in Y?
You should normally be successful accessing the lounge in your situation.
Goldorak is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 18, 8:33 pm
  #29  
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Posts: 5,969
Has anyone been to the 2C arrivals lounge lately? It looks like my flight arrives at 2E. How do you get from 2C to 2E? I know. I could Google search for the answer, but this is easier.

Moderator: Can you merge this thread with the following?
No More CDG AF Arrivals Lounge for DL DM/PM/GMs Flying Y!!
arrivals lounge cdg?
CDG arrival lounge?
Shower at upon CDG arrival???
AF lounge at CDG, available for PM after ATL-CDG arrival?
No More CDG AF Arrivals Lounge for DL DM/PM/GMs Flying Y!!
hockeyinsider is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 18, 9:32 pm
  #30  
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: SFO/SJC, BWI
Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, TR 7*, SPG/MR Plat, UA 1K
Posts: 9,138
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider View Post
Has anyone been to the 2C arrivals lounge lately? It looks like my flight arrives at 2E. How do you get from 2C to 2E? I know. I could Google search for the answer, but this is easier.
I used it in May. It's not glorious luxury but with a morning arrival it was nice to take a shower and briefly recharge before heading into town.

I found it pretty much as MSPe described in one of the other threads you referenced:

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
Yes, and it's a bit of a walk from where you arrive from DL flights. It's at the far end of 2C, right before 2A starts, on the departures level. The entrance has a carpet and a couple potted small trees.

AFAIK a D1 arriving boarding pass works fro entrance, but not DL or SkyTeam status. AF business or first class should obviously work also. SkyTeam ElitePlus status arriving in coach on DL apparently worked until a couple years ago as I remember overhearing a discussion about this between a DM passenger and a dragon.

Note that the lounge closes in the early afternoon, IIRC about 1-2 pm. Note also that the F&B offerings are strictly (nice) breakfast with no alcohol like wine or spirits, although I didn't look for beer.
Zorak is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread