Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > SkyTeam
Reload this Page >

Delayed / Lost baggage JFK > CDG > MAN

Old Dec 13, 2013, 4:50 am
Original Poster

Hi All, apologies if this is in the wrong category.

Dont know whether anyone can help me or offer me any advice please?

On 02/12 I flew from JFK to CDG with Delta, and then made a connecting flight from CDG to MAN on 03/12 with FlyBe. My luggage did not make it to Manchester, but my girlfriends suitcase did. It is my luggage, but the tag is under my girlfriends surname - all this information was provided on the PIR.

It's now 11 days since i returned home and my luggage hasnt been located anywhere. I completed a PIR form in Manchester and have so far heard nothing regarding my luggage, and i only get updates by me contacting Flybe - only to be informed that it has not been located yet.

On 10/12, i was told there is a possible match to my luggage in JFK but Flybe are still waiting for someone to come back to them from Delta/JFK regarding the description of contents i provided.

Yesterday, the WorldTracer site showed a link to my tag number, but this was associated to a totally different passenger/flight/country/destination, which has just made the issue even more confusing.

The whole process of searching and finding luggage is extremely slow and frustrating. I still cant understand how luggage can go missing within an airport, and that even though it is fully labelled, and has been barcoded on check-in, no one is able to locate it. My luggage has two name tags on it, along with my barcode tag placed on the item by Delta when checking in at JFK.

Any advice, information, or help would be greatly appeciated.
Old Dec 13, 2013, 10:22 am
Suspended

Your route is through flynn. Starting talking about EU compensation rules and they may start to listen. Connecting from one airline to another is always dangerous especially in europe
Old Dec 13, 2013, 10:23 am
Suspended

Should say Flybe not Flynn boy do I hate my iPhone keyboard

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.