Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > SkyTeam
Reload this Page >

Best and worst Skyteam lounges (by a ST airline or alliance lounge)

Best and worst Skyteam lounges (by a ST airline or alliance lounge)

Old Nov 19, 16, 2:49 am

Programs: KL-PEFL
I know that MNL is pretty poor all round, and I was there with KE.

The so-called First Class lounge is dire. Grim, ill-lit, unwelcoming, almost no choice of drinks or food and the most uncomfortable seating - even dentists have better waiting rooms!
Old Nov 19, 16, 2:04 pm

Programs: UA 1K, FlyingBlue Gold, Global Entry
Originally Posted by Wangja View Post
I know that MNL is pretty poor all round, and I was there with KE.

The so-called First Class lounge is dire. Grim, ill-lit, unwelcoming, almost no choice of drinks or food and the most uncomfortable seating - even dentists have better waiting rooms!
Is that a SkyTeam lounge though? Or just a third party lounge? Most third party lounges, especially in Asia, are pretty bad.
Old Nov 22, 16, 3:45 am

Programs: KL-PEFL
Originally Posted by Agremeister View Post
Is that a SkyTeam lounge though? Or just a third party lounge? Most third party lounges, especially in Asia, are pretty bad.
I recall it being badged a skyteam lounge, but could be wrong.
Old Nov 23, 16, 12:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge 2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, UA Mileage plus, Le Club Accorhotels platinum
Originally Posted by Agremeister View Post
Originally Posted by Wangja View Post
I recall it being badged a skyteam lounge, but could be wrong.
No Skyteam lounge in MNL.
Old Feb 19, 17, 7:50 pm

Programs: AA PLT, UA GLD, MR-SPG PP, HH Dia, WoH Glob
I have to agree that ST lounges are not at the same level as OW or *A lounges. Although others have mentioned that KE lounges in ICN and DL lounges in ATL are some of the best ST lounges, I wasn't very impressed. I think they are decent lounges, but not places I would go out of my way to visit unless I had a long layover.
Old Feb 19, 17, 11:03 pm

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, TR 7*, SPG/MR Plat, UA 1K
Originally Posted by Time traveller View Post
Although others have mentioned that KE lounges in ICN and DL lounges in ATL are some of the best ST lounges, I wasn't very impressed.
I doubt anyone would make such a blanket statement covering all DL lounges in ATL... I haven't made it to the new one in terminal B but it's highly regarded, as are SFO and JFK T4. ATL E & F are also pretty nice.
Old Feb 20, 17, 1:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge 2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, UA Mileage plus, Le Club Accorhotels platinum
Originally Posted by Time traveller View Post
I have to agree that ST lounges are not at the same level as OW or *A lounges. Although others have mentioned that KE lounges in ICN and DL lounges in ATL are some of the best ST lounges, I wasn't very impressed. I think they are decent lounges, but not places I would go out of my way to visit unless I had a long layover.
Originally Posted by Zorak View Post
I doubt anyone would make such a blanket statement covering all DL lounges in ATL... I haven't made it to the new one in terminal B but it's highly regarded, as are SFO and JFK T4. ATL E & F are also pretty nice.
I am certainly not among the ones who have said that.
KE J lounges at ICN are poor (the one near gate 11) to average (the one near gates 100+). And for ATL DL lounges, I would qualify them as very decent but certainly nothing to write home about. I was very disappointed by the concourse F one when it opened (and still now), because it was supposed to be a flagship one serving long-haul flights exclusively, but I found it quite small and not so nice with very limited food offering (as usual with DL). The only super top aspect of F lounge is the outside terrace.