Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > SkyTeam
Reload this Page >

Best and worst Skyteam lounges (by a ST airline or alliance lounge)

Best and worst Skyteam lounges (by a ST airline or alliance lounge)

Old Sep 8, 16, 7:57 am

Location: Bangkok and Palm Coast, FL. Exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
KE at TBIT LAX

I'm a OW type and love what they've done to TBIT at LAX, especially the OW lounge. I recently flew on CI BKK-TPE-LAX RT in PE and J (last minute funeral,) and have to say that the KE lounge Skyteam uses at TBIT is definitely the worst of any lounge anywhere (OK, that may be a stretch.) But really terrible. Filthy upholstered seats, poor selection of what they consider "food." I really couldn't believe it.

I did the CI lounges at both BKK and TPE as well (I have Elite+ thru AZ status match.) BKK is small, but decent dim sum. TPE is a little annoying as you have to walk downstairs to the food, but great noodle bar and dim sum. Definitely use the bag check at the top of the stairs.
Old Sep 15, 16, 6:20 am

Programs: google
Looks exactly like the lounge at HFE when I flew out of there with my wife last year. At least there were free bottled water.
Old Sep 16, 16, 4:56 pm

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
Looking at the OP, I am SHOCKED at how things have changed.

1. AM lounge has had HUGE cutbacks: barely any food is served now
2. DL lounges have had HUGE improvements
3. AF/KL have had some improvements as well, their offerings are decent now
4. KQ have a decent lounge after the renovations

But I agree with some others here:

4. KE is TBIT is a complete joke, even as a Priority Pass lounge. KE outside of ICN (eg JFK) is in general sucks
5. So many mediocre airlines in Skyteam mean mediocre lounges

Overall, I'm done with Skyteam. Their offerings are a joke and continue to get worse overall. I will no longer be renewing Elite Plus after 2017 and going back to Star Alliance.
Old Sep 17, 16, 6:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, AA EXP, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by quirrow View Post
CZ lounge in CAN is not bad at all. I prefer it to KE's lounge in ICN.
GA also has a pretty good lounge in CGK, both domestic and international.
DL in LAX and ATL is pretty good too.

For some of the worst lounges:
MU lounges in PVG is quite bad, and the fact it is their main hub makes it even worse. Though PVG T1 is under renovation and we should see a better lounge soon.
The new MU lounge at PVG is just, wow, a world apart from what MU has offered in the past. It puts most other Skyteam lounges to shame. Of course it's a shame that it's taken this long to get this lounge. I guess DL buying part of MU is having at least one good side effect.
Old Sep 20, 16, 1:48 am

Programs: Spire RA, SPG Platinum, FB Ultimate, LH FQTV, Ctrip Diamond VIP.
Originally Posted by flyerCO View Post
The new MU lounge at PVG is just, wow, a world apart from what MU has offered in the past. It puts most other Skyteam lounges to shame. Of course it's a shame that it's taken this long to get this lounge. I guess DL buying part of MU is having at least one good side effect.
Is there a new lounge open in T1? PVG's T2 lounge, branded as China Eastern (despite they don't have a single flight out of T2), which is operated by Plaza Premium, is certainly a pretty nice place.
Old Sep 21, 16, 3:50 pm

Originally Posted by rbAA View Post
I'm a OW type and love what they've done to TBIT at LAX, especially the OW lounge. I recently flew on CI BKK-TPE-LAX RT in PE and J (last minute funeral,) and have to say that the KE lounge Skyteam uses at TBIT is definitely the worst of any lounge anywhere (OK, that may be a stretch.) But really terrible. Filthy upholstered seats, poor selection of what they consider "food." I really couldn't believe it.

I did the CI lounges at both BKK and TPE as well (I have Elite+ thru AZ status match.) BKK is small, but decent dim sum. TPE is a little annoying as you have to walk downstairs to the food, but great noodle bar and dim sum. Definitely use the bag check at the top of the stairs.
currently in KE lounge now
compare to the DL one I went in this morning, I think this one is far better
I've been to two skyclubs (SEA and ATL Concourse A 4F) and both of them don't really have food (if you don't consider food at KE lounge is food, then you'll be even more surprise about food in SC) and baverage .....
you can't even find coke in SC !!!!!
Old Sep 21, 16, 9:55 pm

Originally Posted by Kevin Liu View Post
currently in KE lounge now
compare to the DL one I went in this morning, I think this one is far better
I've been to two skyclubs (SEA and ATL Concourse A 4F) and both of them don't really have food (if you don't consider food at KE lounge is food, then you'll be even more surprise about food in SC) and baverage .....
you can't even find coke in SC !!!!!
Pretty sure Sky Clubs at a minimum have hot soups, crudite, salads, packaged snacks, and sometimes hot meals. At SEA, they have cup noodles for the Asian flights, and Mac and cheese all day.

All the KE lounge has at TBIT is just sandwiches and cup noodles. The alcohol in the KE lounge is also abysmal.
Old Sep 24, 16, 6:46 am

Programs: UA 1K, FlyingBlue Gold, Global Entry
Best:

• Air France K and M hall lounges: Pleasant experiences all around, very good alcohol offerings, decent food. Excellent showers.
• DL DTW SkyClub: Self Serve alcohol at a US lounge! What an idea!
• China Airlines TPE Lounge: Haven't experienced first hand, but I've only heard good things
• Any of the SkyTeam operated lounges. All of them are top notch.

Worst:

• Anything in mainland China. PVG is a joke, and Terminal 2 in Beijing isn't much better. Hopefully the new ST lounge in PEK is as good as the others.
Old Oct 6, 16, 10:19 pm

Programs: EY Platinum, UA PremiereG, Hilton Diamond, Aclub Gold, Hertz PCs
BEST:
AZ CASA ITALIA IN MXP IS REALLY GOOD ( JUST OPENED )
excellent food - in house chef
SKYTEAM LOUNGE LHR
SKYTEAM LOUNGE NRT

WORST:
MU Shanghai Pudong ( there are rumors there will be a new lounge ready for next year......)
Old Oct 7, 16, 2:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge 2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, UA Mileage plus, Le Club Accorhotels platinum
Originally Posted by FlyingDoctor View Post
BEST:
SKYTEAM LOUNGE LHR
SKYTEAM LOUNGE NRT

WORST:
MU Shanghai Pudong ( there are rumors there will be a new lounge ready for next year......)
a Skyteam lounge in NRT ?? Are you not confusing with the DL lounge ?
Old Oct 7, 16, 4:40 am

Originally Posted by IceTrojan View Post
A vote for worst: VN's domestic lounge at SGN. It's laughable... depressing neon lights, crappy packaged snacks, stained and worn furniture, dirty and smelly bathrooms, and attendants that are clueless. You throw in clientele who think they run the place (designated VIPs are also sent to this lounge) and a smoking room where they not only not close the doors, but actively OPEN them when someone (read: me) tries to close them, and you have a pretty terrible embarrasment. of a lounge.

It's truly a lounge where I'm not quite sure one goes to because it's better than the main passenger terminal. It's a toss-up, at best.
The VN international lounge is only marginally better: truly awful food, ghastly stewed coffee; fortunately no smoking room.
Old Oct 9, 16, 11:08 pm

Originally Posted by FlyingDoctor View Post
BEST:
SKYTEAM LOUNGE LHR
SKYTEAM LOUNGE NRT

WORST:
NB: Alitalia's joint venture is expiring, and their remaining time in Skyteam is.. yet to be determined
Old Oct 11, 16, 5:59 am

CDG 2E, Air France Salon: crazy crowded, limp and unappetising food, worse than most on the list
Old Oct 23, 16, 10:19 pm

Location: Bangkok and Palm Coast, FL. Exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
AF/KL BKK lounge

Like I said before, I'm usually on OW, but since I'm over 200k EQM's on AA, no point adding to it. So, I tried CZ business out of BKK-CAN-SHA and at first felt a little disappointment not getting the CI lounge invite, but the AF lounge there was fantastic. It was a 2:15(AM) flight and the food was refreshed all the way to departure. Great selection, even decent dim sum, with many good hot dishes and nice selection of drinks.

Too bad my AZ FA+ runs out in March 2017. May try to hit FA (no +) by the end of the year. Very nice.
Old Oct 24, 16, 6:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
DL's terminal B in ATL has a new lounge on top of the terminal. Great views and all new furnishings.

Also, there is a nice new club in SEA...

Seattle’s second Club is now open between Concourses A and B offering views of Mt. Rainier, touches of local culture, and new services from Asanda Spa Lounge. Including a relaxing light and sound experience with the Deepak Chopra Dream Weaver, chair massages and a variety of Comfort Zone and Get Well products available for purchase.

http://www.delta.com/content/www/en_...d-updates.html

Search this Thread