FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   SkyTeam (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/skyteam-412/)
-   -   Codeshare Lounge Access (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/skyteam/1442843-codeshare-lounge-access.html)

Ian_M Feb 27, 2013 5:50 am

Codeshare Lounge Access

Excuse my ignorance on the subtleties but when a flight is marketed and booked through a Skyteam member but is operated by a non Skyteam member, should I expect to gain Lounge access with the airline marketing the flight with FB Platinum?

cityflyer369 Feb 27, 2013 6:55 am

This is a grey zone, even for AF codeshares! If the lounge is run by the marketing carrier, chances are good you will get access. If the lounge is run by the operating carrier, chances are quite low. Another factor is whether the operating airline is a FB partner, for which there might be special provisions (see FB partners info on FB website). In the end, not even FB knows the full answer to your question because it also depends on the individual codeshare agreements. As I said: grey area.

GenevaFlyer Feb 27, 2013 7:18 am

Ian,

If you provide more detail on the codeshare airline and the operating airline, I'm sure someone will have an answer for your case.

Just two examples:

- Back when CO was member of Skyteam, in GVA, they would not provide lounge access to Elite+ members because they were using a contract lounge (although as a FB member, I could then go to the KLM lounge instead).

- With the AF codeshare on QF, I had no trouble getting lounge access in SYD at the lounge operated by QF.

Cheers,

GenevaFlyer

Goldorak Feb 27, 2013 7:23 am

Originally Posted by cityflyer369 (Post 20325652)
If the lounge is run by the operating carrier, chances are quite low.

If it is a contract lounge, chances are low also.

Ian_M Feb 27, 2013 4:09 pm

Vietnam Airlines were the marketing carrier. Two full blown VN lounges, almost empty.

Philippines were operating.

My diva strop too place in Ho Chi Minh City (SGN)

tff Feb 27, 2013 5:41 pm

When flying LIS-MXP-FCO with an AZ ticket, but the first leg being operated by TP (on a code-share), I was denied access at the AF owned lounge at LIS (but then let in by courtesy) and at the AZ owned MXP lounge. I complained but after several exchanges with FB, they clarified that I would have no access indeed.

GenevaFlyer Feb 28, 2013 7:05 am

Originally Posted by tff (Post 20329706)
When flying LIS-MXP-FCO with an AZ ticket, but the first leg being operated by TP (on a code-share), I was denied access at the AF owned lounge at LIS (but then let in by courtesy) and at the AZ owned MXP lounge. I complained but after several exchanges with FB, they clarified that I would have no access indeed.

In my opinion, you should have had access in MXP, based on the fact that you were connecting from an international Skyteam flight, since you were on the AZ coded flight from LIS.

However, if your boarding pass only showed the TP information, they could have estimated it was not a Skyteam flight.

Edit: just checked the Flying Blue rules, and they were correct:

* When travelling on or connecting to/from an international SkyTeam-operated flight on the same day.
Your international flight was not Skyteam operated, thus no access.

Cheers,

GenevaFlyer

hugolover Aug 23, 2015 9:29 am

I'm reinvigorating this thread for the same query regarding the AF codeshare on KM flights. Would Flying Blue Gold/Platinum have access in MLA and ORY? Is this different to ST E+ pax, specifically AZ E+. Perhaps complicated by the fact AZ fly MLA-LIN and the lounge in MLA is likely used to seeing AZ E+ pax albeit on AZ flights.

Goldorak Aug 23, 2015 1:46 pm

Originally Posted by hugolover (Post 25314547)
I'm reinvigorating this thread for the same query regarding the AF codeshare on KM flights. Would Flying Blue Gold/Platinum have access in MLA and ORY? Is this different to ST E+ pax, specifically AZ E+. Perhaps complicated by the fact AZ fly MLA-LIN and the lounge in MLA is likely used to seeing AZ E+ pax albeit on AZ flights.

You will find most of your answers in this recent thread :
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-f...air-malta.html

If you are FB Elite+, be sure to be booked under AF flight number.
But no lounge access (and miles) for other Skyteam Elites+

DrLudwig Aug 24, 2015 8:30 am

Codeshare Lounge Access

We had access to the LaValette lounge at MLA as FB gold on a KL ticket operated by KM. We also had priority security and check-in. On a sidenote: The lounge at MLA is not too great but does accept priority pass too.