Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > SkyTeam
Reload this Page >

SkyTeam Lounge Planned For Shanghai Pudong?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SkyTeam Lounge Planned For Shanghai Pudong?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2013, 9:09 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Dynasty Frequent Flyer (Elite Plus),Accor Platinum
In reply to Goldorak

You beat me to it. Its a skyteam benefit that you can only use domestic lounge if you are traveling within 24hrs on an international flight.

Concerning Mainland China and Taiwan there are exceptions for domestic lounges if you are an elite plus member of CI,CZ,MU or Xiamen airline program. In this case you can access the domestic lounges just for yourself no guests. No need to do international travel within 24hrs. But again this is only for these 2 regions.
Old Jul 25, 2013, 3:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by tris06
In reply to Goldorak

You beat me to it. Its a skyteam benefit that you can only use domestic lounge if you are traveling within 24hrs on an international flight.

Concerning Mainland China and Taiwan there are exceptions for domestic lounges if you are an elite plus member of CI,CZ,MU or Xiamen airline program. In this case you can access the domestic lounges just for yourself no guests. No need to do international travel within 24hrs. But again this is only for these 2 regions.
Thanks for the precision
Old Oct 6, 2013, 5:09 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Originally Posted by Goldorak
Originally Posted by KLflyerRalph
Is there now a Skyteam branded lounge at IST? http://www.skyteam.com/nl/Why-SkyTea...lusive-Lounge/
Yes. Brand new. Just opened.
Anyone have a report from here? It looks nice on the ST website. I'm hoping to grab dinner breakfast and coffee here before a 05:55 KLM flight IST-AMS.
Old Oct 20, 2015, 6:35 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, Air Berlin Gold, IHG Rewards Platinum, Accorclub Silver
Anyone has some info on the new Skyteam Lounge at PVG T1
It has been announced since 2012 and has yet to come.
Last info I could get is from the press release last Spring when Delta moved to T1:
"The relocation to Terminal 1 will allow for more convenient connections and a seamless customer experience for customers flying with China Eastern, Shanghai Airlines and Delta, including access to China Eastern's new 4,000 square-foot SkyTeam Lounge, which opens in late 2015. Delta customers will also receive SkyTeam Elite benefits such as priority check-in, priority boarding and preferred seats."

They only say "end of 2015"
T1 is going under renovation for years and the domestic area has been completed but not the international one.
Last time I used it in September (during non peak season) it took 1.5hour to clear security and immigration due to HUGE lines.
It seems that T1 can't cope since DL has moved!
Old Feb 16, 2016, 4:23 am

Did not want to start another thread but just want to find out what lounge should I visit for Skyteam member/Piority Pass?

I have the skyteam elite (from China southern, sky pearl silver) and I am traveling from Shanghai Pudong via China Eastern. I also have the Priority Pass. Most likely I will have 2 hours to burn at the airport.

Which lounge in PVG should I be visiting? Not into the booze but rather getting some lunch and some space to work on my emails.
Old Feb 17, 2016, 10:12 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by blade007
Did not want to start another thread but just want to find out what lounge should I visit for Skyteam member/Piority Pass?

I have the skyteam elite (from China southern, sky pearl silver) and I am traveling from Shanghai Pudong via China Eastern. I also have the Priority Pass. Most likely I will have 2 hours to burn at the airport.

Which lounge in PVG should I be visiting? Not into the booze but rather getting some lunch and some space to work on my emails.
All of the lounges in T1 suck (domestic moreso than international). It sounds like you're connecting in Shanghai --so have no choice but to hang around the airport-- but, if this isn't the case, don't bother showing up too early (e.g. 75 minutes prior to flight time is more than enough).
Old Feb 23, 2016, 8:11 pm

Originally Posted by moondog
All of the lounges in T1 suck (domestic moreso than international). It sounds like you're connecting in Shanghai --so have no choice but to hang around the airport-- but, if this isn't the case, don't bother showing up too early (e.g. 75 minutes prior to flight time is more than enough).
Thank you for your reply.

Yes, will be in T1 but I will be taking the international flight towards Singapore. Any international lounge that would be suitable for me?

I have no choice but to get to the airport earlier as the driver will have to detour and go to the Hongqiao airport after dropping me off. So I assume I will there with at least 2 hours to burn.
Old Mar 9, 2016, 2:07 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: FlyingBlue | Krisflyer | SPG | HHonors
The lounges in PVG are quite spread out near each individual gates, and they are all almost the same in terms of quality. I really hope SkyTeam opens the new lounge in PVG soon, though I think it could be when the international terminal in PVG is fully renovated. As of now, PVG T2 is so much better than T1 (in terms of terminal)
Old Mar 10, 2016, 12:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
I might be wrong of course, but I don't think there will be any Skyteam lounge in PVG. When I say "Skyteam lounge", I mean like in LHR, IST, SYD and now DXB. The reason is that those "Skyteam lounges" are scheduled in non-Skyteam hub airports served by all or a large number of Skyteam airlines. But PVG is a Skyteam hub with MU as the dominant carrier and so is supposed to take care of the Skyteam partners.
In the same spirit, you don't have a Skyteam lounge in CDG, AMS, ATL, DTW, FCO, ICN, CAN, SGN, etc etc
Old Mar 11, 2016, 9:05 am

As a skyteam elite, you do not get lounge access unless you are flying in a premium cabin and internationally. Only skyteam elite+ get lounge access. Depending on what cabin you are flying, your only option may be priority pass lounges.
Old Mar 11, 2016, 11:08 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Goldorak
I might be wrong of course, but I don't think there will be any Skyteam lounge in PVG. When I say "Skyteam lounge", I mean like in LHR, IST, SYD and now DXB. The reason is that those "Skyteam lounges" are scheduled in non-Skyteam hub airports served by all or a large number of Skyteam airlines. But PVG is a Skyteam hub with MU as the dominant carrier and so is supposed to take care of the Skyteam partners.
In the same spirit, you don't have a Skyteam lounge in CDG, AMS, ATL, DTW, FCO, ICN, CAN, SGN, etc etc
What difference does the name make?
Old Mar 11, 2016, 3:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Sorry, but I don't understand your question
Old Mar 11, 2016, 5:28 pm

Originally Posted by hsumh316
As a skyteam elite, you do not get lounge access unless you are flying in a premium cabin and internationally. Only skyteam elite+ get lounge access. Depending on what cabin you are flying, your only option may be priority pass lounges.
The rules are slightly different if you're STE/STE+ with CI, MU, CZ, or MF traveling on any of their flights between/within China, Hong Kong, and Taiwan. Although I heard the Hong Kong part changed after the Skyteam lounge opened.

Not a whole lot, but I think the general purpose is, again, to have an exclusive common lounge in high-traffic airports where there is no particular hubbed carrier within the alliance.
Old Mar 13, 2016, 6:28 am

Programs: AF/KL FB Plat 4L, VA Vel Silver, BA EC, LH M&M
Originally Posted by lolstebbo

Quote:

Not a whole lot, but I think the general purpose is, again, to have an exclusive common lounge in high-traffic airports where there is no particular hubbed carrier within the alliance.
I'm not sure I understand what you are talking about, but the specific thing about a Skyteam lounge is neither the name nor Skyteam exclusivity. It is a specific concept of a lounge, in terms of design, food, drinks, etc., for example.
Old Mar 31, 2016, 4:38 pm
aua

Programs: skymiles
I am going to Shanghai in May 2016, I have a 6 hour wait going and coming back. Is there a lounge available for my transit time. Arriving Delta 1 and leaving economy on China Eastern. Thanks in advance

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.