Wiki Posts
Search

Etihad and SkyTeam

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2012, 11:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta-Plat, *wood-Plat, Fairmont-Premier, Hilton-silver
Etihad and SkyTeam

Now that Etihad has teamed up with SkyTeam member Air France-KLM is there a way to get Delta miles from the relationship? I am flying to KTM and would like to go DL but there are no good options. Etihad works however and this relationship was announced last week. Can I collect AirFrance miles and co-mingle SkyTeam miles? Thanks.
Old Oct 22, 2012, 11:51 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
You can't transfer miles back and forth between DL and FB accounts. Also, in general, a partner or a partner is not a partner, so I would not expect AF's partnership with Etihad to have any effect on earning DL miles unless there's an explicit announcement otherwise. You should double check rules on AF codeshares with nonSkyTeam partners, but IIRC the answer is no, even if the Etihad operated flight is marketed by AF.
Old Dec 17, 2012, 12:24 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Le Club Accorhotels Platinum, Club Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by azebedee
Now that Etihad has teamed up with SkyTeam member Air France-KLM is there a way to get Delta miles from the relationship? I am flying to KTM and would like to go DL but there are no good options. Etihad works however and this relationship was announced last week. Can I collect AirFrance miles and co-mingle SkyTeam miles? Thanks.
You can credit miles flown on EY to one airline program only. I believe FB does not allow crediting miles to its program for EY flights just yet. It will take a while before this would be possible. You can however credit EY flights to Skyteam's AZ or OK, or to VA FF programs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.