Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Future Skyteam Member - Air Lituanica

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2012, 10:45 am

Programs: FB Platinum for Life
Originally Posted by Temedar
I had a half-WRITTEN (as in handwriting) BP from AR four years ago.
This is going somewhat OT, but travelling from a variety of outstations in Africa, which often have unreliable power and internet, I'm used to getting handwritten BPs on a semi-regular basis (most recent was earlier this year...)

My favourite was a few years ago, when I'd boarded in Africa for a TATL connection, and had upgraded myself for the TATL sector. So I turned up at the Crown lounge in Schiphol, and presented what was KLM BP stock, with entirely handwritten details on it, saying not much more than "Mr KQ321, AMS-USA, Business" The lounge agent looked at me as is if to ask "did you write this yourself?", but checked the details on the computer, and then let me in (and also printed a 'proper' BP for me...)
Old Oct 12, 2012, 7:39 am

Programs: flying blue platinum aeroflot gold china airlines gold SPG platinum
buy air Baltic instead

Air Baltic already has code share with AF KL and AZ and Czech airlines and SU and RIX is a pretty good airport airline is in bad shape govt bailout and all but since SAS abandoned it could do with an alliance partner I think it's a better fit then start a new airline plus air Baltic is more established and I think govt wants it off their books could go depending on m and a environment and if the govt will offer incentives.
Old Oct 14, 2012, 4:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by cityflyer369
The family metaphor is really funny. :-)
+1

You should remember that in this family everyone needs to find its own interest/place, despite not having the same position (with the fear or losing too much rather than getting more).

It is better to be a small local member rather than a big global actor to be happy in the Skyteam family (or any alliance), as the business model of :
- majors is to feed/protect their profitable long haul network
- regional carriers is to increase the attractiveness of their medium haul network by giving to them long haul connections.
Old Oct 21, 2012, 6:40 am

Programs: QF LTS WP, Avis Pres Club, HH Diam.
Originally Posted by Supersonic Swinger
The more in each alliance the better I say, I'm keeping my foot in all of them.

LOL – you could do something like this for each alliance. I don't know enough about Star, but OW would be the family who thinks they are better than everyone else where:
  • Dad (BA) ended up marrying a feisty neighbour (IB) after his other neighbours ended up marrying everyone else closeby, one marriage of which was a consequence of Dad putting too stringent terms in the pre-nup (LX)
  • Mom (AA) who just can't sort out her finances and now one of the ugly members of another family (US) is thinking of marrying her
  • The uncle (CX) who reluctantly comes to family gatherings but won't let anyone move in close to them and is playing behind the scenes with a member of another family (CA)
  • The kid (QF) who wasn't getting enough out of the relationship with Dad and never got along with Uncle, who is having all sorts of kids called Jetstar out of wedlock and is now playing around outside the family with a racy and orphaned newcomer (EK) who is a direct competitor to an expected new family addition (QR)
  • The quirky aunt (LA) who recently got married but isn't sure whether to introduce the spouse (TAM) to the family
  • The “oh yeah that's right, they're part of that family, how nice” kids (AY, RJ, S7, soon to be joined by UL)
  • The new arrivals who thought about leaving not long after they turned up and already started having Jetstar kids out of wedlock (JL), immediately started turning their attention elsewhere (AB), actually left (EI) or just died because of a lack of nutrition (MA, MX)
  • The kid being adopted (MH) after trying for 10 years to be adopted by another family and who still isn't quite sure it's making the right decision
Love it!

But of course in reality QF being the oldest airline of the lot is more rightly the randy old grandfather....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.