Why is SAUDIA not showing up on DELTA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Why is SAUDIA not showing up on DELTA

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2012, 1:51 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by NAREN10216
Saudi Arabian Airlines - SAUDIA joined Skyteam on May 29, 2012.
So why doesnt it show up under Skymiles - Earn Miles - Airline Partners ?

When does earning and redeemign miles on Saudia begin?
The DL website is not known for being up to date or accurate, nor is it generally reputed to work well.

If you want to fly Saudia, have you tried calling DL?
Old Jun 11, 2012, 3:33 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by rankourabu
Gotta love that FOX News article ... its so fair and balanced

Do these people not know that the USA has long ago sold their soul to the Saudis for oil.

If Delta wanted to make a stand, they should stop buying Saudi oil and leave the alliance.

btw, if Saudi discriminates against Jews, what do you call the incidents of discrimination and racism in the USA, like the time the imams got pulled off a flight for praying.....
You made an excellent point. Nearly a hundred American companies, including 3M, AT&T, Amoco, Coca Cola, City Corp, BoA, Haliburton, Exxon, and IBM are doing business in KSA.
Should all these companies be investigated? We should boycott Coca Cola, and Pepsi, Boeing, Lockehhed Martin ( We should not buy any military hardware from them), no medicines from Eli Lily, no cereal from Kellog, no cars from companies that sells cars in KSA. The list is endless.
Old Jun 11, 2012, 3:46 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by J_Fleish
sorry about that it wouldn't log me on there were articles in the Fox News, Huffington Post, Atlanta Business Journal and the Atlanta Jewish News as well as many other sites

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011...udi-agreement/

http://www.ajc.com/business/saudi-ar...s-1448779.html

The latter links talks about Delta not codesharing with Saudia
There is no evidence that Delta discriminates against any group.
Originally Posted by Fox New article
ay Sekulow, with the American Center for Law and Justice, said Delta has not fully addressed the issue. “The reality is, if you’ve got Israel stamped on your passport and you’re not Jewish, you’re not getting a visa. In effect, whatever Delta wants to say, they’re enforcing that policy.”
The airline does not give visas. An airline does not not get to decide who gets a visa. Morever, the specific incidents referred to in the quote from the article talks about those who are not Jew".
How do you conclude delta is discriminating?
The second aritcle simply says Delta is still not code sharing. It's a piece of information. It doesn't say why DL is not code sharing. DL does not code aher with a few other partners and not even with a close partner such as Air France on many routes.

As for a Senator writing to FAA, it's not a proof of anything. It's simply his opinion. Senators say lots of things for lots of reasons. Contributions to their campaign, geting support from some groups, are some of the reasons Rep Dan Burton defended Pakistan and pushed its agenda for years in exchange for money that came from Pakistan's spy agency ISI. It doesn't mean he was right. In fact he has admitted his mistake and he gave all the money he received from ISI away.
There is a lot of hype in the article, and little substance.

Last edited by Yaatri; Jun 11, 2012 at 3:52 pm
Old Jun 11, 2012, 3:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
Originally Posted by Yaatri
There is a lot of hype in the article, and little substance.
It is FOX NEWS! @:-)
Old Jun 11, 2012, 3:56 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by GUWonder
In response to the above question:

There is no evidence of that.

It is possible to be members of the same alliance while both: not code-sharing on some/many/any/all flights; and not giving flight credit for some/many flights. What would be unprecedented since the three big global airline alliances came into being would be denial of any credit for all flights of an alliance member. It is still to be seen how this is going to go over.
Agreed on every count. One can accrue Skymiles for flying Saudia. I, probably won;t fly Saudia, but it's good to know that you can accrue miles.

Delta said it still does not plan to "code-share" with Saudia by selling seats on each others' flights, but now that Saudia is a SkyTeam member, Delta said it will share airport lounge benefits and allow passengers to earn Delta frequent flier miles if they fly on Saudia.
Saudi Arabian carrier joins Delta's SkyTeam alliance
Old Jun 11, 2012, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You made an excellent point. Nearly a hundred American companies, including 3M, AT&T, Amoco, Coca Cola, City Corp, BoA, Haliburton, Exxon, and IBM are doing business in KSA.
Should all these companies be investigated? We should boycott Coca Cola, and Pepsi, Boeing, Lockehhed Martin ( We should not buy any military hardware from them), no medicines from Eli Lily, no cereal from Kellog, no cars from companies that sells cars in KSA. The list is endless.
And how many of these companies also have Jewish people as CEO's or on their board of directors. Hint, the number is > zero. Why arent they outraged?
Old Jun 11, 2012, 5:04 pm

Programs: BA Silver; HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Points but dirt with everyone else
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
The DL website is not known for being up to date or accurate, nor is it generally reputed to work well.

If you want to fly Saudia, have you tried calling DL?
They did get new ST members up quickly the last couple of times. Of course, they were existing partners on which just a few earning things changed when they joined ST, but they were generally up within days of joining. We're at two weeks now.
Old Jun 11, 2012, 5:40 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by mtkeller
They did get new ST members up quickly the last couple of times. Of course, they were existing partners on which just a few earning things changed when they joined ST, but they were generally up within days of joining. We're at two weeks now.
DL probably has not decided on how the level of cooperation with SV. DL wants to be able to say they are not enabling KSA's policy of denying visa to Jewish people or to those who have been to Israel. Denial of visa is a political act, like the U.S. boycotting Moscow Olympics, or boycott of South Africa by cricketing countries. It has nothing to do with the airline. However, the U.S. Govt could chose to boycott and ostracise KSA as South Africa was ostracised.
I think DL is evaluating how to proceed with the announcement. There are some practical difficulties. Suppose you book on DL's site which comes up with an flight marketed by Af or some other partner, but that happens to be code-share with Saudia.
Old Jun 11, 2012, 9:40 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Regulations require airlines to disclose the operating carrier on all code shares.
Old Jun 11, 2012, 11:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

rankoubaru, On the BoD?? Sorry to inform you but specifically on the boards stated..........quite a lot of them, in fact most of them. Try again, its not 1973 anymore.
Old Jun 12, 2012, 4:58 am

I think DL is evaluating how to proceed with the announcement. There are some practical difficulties. Suppose you book on DL's site which comes up with an flight marketed by Af or some other partner, but that happens to be code-share with Saudia.
AF and SV started codesharing at the time (or before) SV's plan to join ST was announced. I can't get DL.dumb to offer flights JFK-RUH, so presumably CDG-RUH is not a JV flight. I don't see the issues with needing to foot drag on putting up an earning chart. At least now one could book the AF-coded, SV-operated flights and earn SkyMiles, since SV is a ST carrier and the rules would follow DL's chart for AF-coded flights as long as the operating carrier is in ST. It's going to be interesting to see what happens later this month when ME joins. Anybody want to bet that they get a press release welcoming them to ST and a speedy appearance on the earning chart?
Old Jun 12, 2012, 11:28 am
Suspended

Wirelessly posted (Samsung Galaxy S: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.6; en-us; SGH-T959V Build/GINGERBREAD) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Originally Posted by mtkeller
AF and SV started codesharing at the time (or before) SV's plan to join ST was announced. I can't get DL.dumb to offer flights JFK-RUH, so presumably CDG-RUH is not a JV flight. I don't see the issues with needing to foot drag on putting up an earning chart. At least now one could book the AF-coded, SV-operated flights and earn SkyMiles, since SV is a ST carrier and the rules would follow DL's chart for AF-coded flights as long as the operating carrier is in ST. It's going to be interesting to see what happens later this month when ME joins. Anybody want to bet that they get a press release welcoming them to ST and a speedy appearance on the earning chart?
Every airline of an alliance does not file fares to every city served by an alliance member.
I was able to pull up AF coded itinerary operated by AF, DL and SV on ITA.
Old Jun 12, 2012, 2:48 pm

Wirelessly posted (Samsung Galaxy S: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.6; en-us; SGH-T959V Build/GINGERBREAD) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Every airline of an alliance does not file fares to every city served by an alliance member.
I was able to pull up AF coded itinerary operated by AF, DL and SV on ITA.
Absolutely. I was just addressing the matter of an AF-coded, SV-operated flight sold on DL.dumb, which you had raised. I tried one of the most obvious city pairs where you could find that combination, and DL.dumb wouldn't bring it up. Totally possible that it can be ticketed via other venues and even on 006 stock.
Old Jun 12, 2012, 2:56 pm

It wouldn't surprise me if DL adds mention of Saudia on its website when Mid East joins SkyTeam in a few weeks. It will then take months for these new partners to be added to the list printed in Sky magazine.
Old Jun 12, 2012, 3:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

However, the U.S. Govt could chose to boycott and ostracise KSA as South Africa was ostracised.
And you'd be the first one in line for $20/gallon gasoline, right?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.