Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > SkyTeam
Reload this Page >

Why is SAUDIA not showing up on DELTA

Why is SAUDIA not showing up on DELTA

Old Jun 12, 12, 4:09 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by mtkeller View Post
Absolutely. I was just addressing the matter of an AF-coded, SV-operated flight sold on DL.dumb, which you had raised. I tried one of the most obvious city pairs where you could find that combination, and DL.dumb wouldn't bring it up. Totally possible that it can be ticketed via other venues and even on 006 stock.
Actually, an airline may not market fares between many of its own city pairs. NW marketed GPT-BOS but DCA-BOS. although NW had service to DCA,as well as BOS.
Delta.com does not bring up partner options as well as NW did. NW/KLM partnership was far more seamless than DL/AF-KL.
Old Jun 12, 12, 4:10 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by rankourabu View Post
And you'd be the first one in line for $20/gallon gasoline, right?
No, I would take the metro.
I was pointing the corollary of the logic used by those who claim that DL discriminates against Jews.
Old Jun 12, 12, 6:58 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Yaatri View Post
Agreed on every count. One can accrue Skymiles for flying Saudia. I, probably won;t fly Saudia, but it's good to know that you can accrue miles.

Saudi Arabian carrier joins Delta's SkyTeam alliance
Under certain conditions, reciprocal lounge use is a SkyTeam benefit. So is the earning of miles, although carriers have a lot of freedom to decide that certain fare classes will not accrue miles. I've never seen redemptions requiring more miles when a certain alliance partner is used, but a FF program could presumably block award tickets on certain partners without announcing it, like UA's reputed *net blocking. This isn't saying what would be good for DL's business, just pointing out some possibilities and precedents that could be chosen.

A list of SkyTeam alliance-wide mandated benefits can be found on the sky team website, although there always seem to be a lot of exceptions and fine print rules. For example, I expect SkyPriority to take a long time to be implemented by many SkyTeam partner airlines.

Last edited by MSPeconomist; Jun 12, 12 at 7:03 pm
Old Jun 13, 12, 10:33 am

Saudi Arabian Airlines 0552 from RUH(RUH) to Dubai, United Arab Emirates(DXB)
Activity Date : 30 May 2012 543 679 1222 543

I got my points with the saudi flight.
Old Jun 13, 12, 10:51 am

Programs: EK-IO, UA-1K2MM, ETIHAD-GOLD, SPG-PLAT LIFETIME, JUMEIRAH SERIUS GOLD

btw, if Saudi discriminates against Jews, what do you call the incidents of discrimination and racism in the USA, like the time the imams got pulled off a flight for praying.....
Apples and Oranges. Jews don't blow up planes, some Saudis do....(and the they do pray first) Unless you've been to Saudi Arabia, you would have no idea how much they despise us (Americans) and HATE (Jews). Regardless. Saudi Arabia is part of the Arab boycott which is illegal in the U.S. and that will cause a problem w any alliance (example: the alliance map showing all destinations Sky Team flys to cannot show Israel (TLV) on it). So a whole new Sky Team map must be used in Saudi Arabia

And FYI. I've seen Saudis pulled off Emirates, Etihad and Malaysia Airlines before for "looking sketchy". It's not discrimination. It's common sense (and no, the argument about Punishing many for the acts of a few does not wash). It may be a "few" that are dangerous but the "many" support them"
Old Jun 13, 12, 10:53 am

Programs: EK-IO, UA-1K2MM, ETIHAD-GOLD, SPG-PLAT LIFETIME, JUMEIRAH SERIUS GOLD
And you'd be the first one in line for $20/gallon gasoline, right?
Exactly! If there was no oil in KSA, it would be a parking lot by now
Old Jun 13, 12, 12:41 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by chinatraderjmr View Post
Apples and Oranges. Jews don't blow up planes, some Saudis do....(and the they do pray first) Unless you've been to Saudi Arabia, you would have no idea how much they despise us (Americans) and HATE (Jews).
Let's not talk about who blow up planes and who don't, nor about who hates whom. From what I can sense from this post, the feeling is mutual among some fringe segments of various countries.
Regardless. Saudi Arabia is part of the Arab boycott which is illegal in the U.S.
Political acts such as sanctions are a separate issue and have nothing to do with the issue at hand.
and that will cause a problem w any alliance (example: the alliance map showing all destinations Sky Team flys to cannot show Israel (TLV) on it). So a whole new Sky Team map must be used in Saudi Arabia
Why do you say the Skyteam destination map cannot show TLV on its map? Do you understand Skyteam is not owned by the U.S., nor by any other Govt. The same is true for delta too. They both operate under the laws of individual countries and international agreements.

And FYI. I've seen Saudis pulled off Emirates, Etihad and Malaysia Airlines before for "looking sketchy". It's not discrimination. It's common sense (and no, the argument about Punishing many for the acts of a few does not wash). It may be a "few" that are dangerous but the "many" support them"
What does a person being pulled off an aircraft has to do with anything? Jews have been pulled of aircraft, Indians have been pulled off aircraft.
I believe a few people with extremist views does not describe every one. That holds for you too.
Old Jun 13, 12, 3:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

1. It is not 1973 anymore, the "Arab boycott" lost most of its meaning by the end of the 70's and in reality ceased to exist by 1991. While the ME is perhaps the only region of the World that Pepsi has a big market share, Coke has been almost everywhere in the region for over 20 years. The oil producing countries sell oil to countries that do business with Israel, and at a less publicized level many countries in the region do in fact regularly conduct business with Israel (When the US government made a big deal about DP World buying ports, one of the strongest letters of support came from ZIM, the Israeli shipping company).

BTW, it is not that maps in Saudi omit Israel, there is no black hole where the country should be, instead, it is referred to as Palestine, Al Quds or some other acronym. That being said, for the last decade in most maps I see come from the region it is labeled as.............Israel.
Old Nov 1, 12, 6:30 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by jman77083 View Post
Saudi Arabian Airlines 0552 from RUH(RUH) to Dubai, United Arab Emirates(DXB)
Activity Date : 30 May 2012 543 679 1222 543

I got my points with the saudi flight.
Do you remember which booking class this was?
I'm looking at a SV flight booked in V and need to know if that would earn 100%. Tried tweeting Delta since there's no info on the site, but no response.
Old Nov 5, 12, 10:19 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, UA Gold, EK
I recently booked a Saudia flight on Orbitz, but was not given the opportunity to enter a Delta Skymiles number. It only showed Alfursan. What have others in this situation done? Can I just get Saudia to add the Delta number at check-in?
Old Nov 6, 12, 7:09 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by YMCMB View Post
I recently booked a Saudia flight on Orbitz, but was not given the opportunity to enter a Delta Skymiles number. It only showed Alfursan. What have others in this situation done? Can I just get Saudia to add the Delta number at check-in?
It would be better to try to get the right FF number on the reservation before the day of travel. Airport agents might not know how to do this easily. Either find your reservation and ticket on the SV website or call then.
Old Nov 17, 12, 9:37 am

SV and ME accrual charts are now posted on Delta.

http://www.delta.com/content/www/en_...-airlines.html

or see DL forum,
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...-airlines.html