Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > SkyTeam
Reload this Page >

China Eastern Skyteam Elite benefits

Old Apr 18, 12, 10:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamd, SPG gold, Amex Gold, Intercon. Plati Amb, Pr Club Plati, FlyingBlue silver

Hi all,

I will be flying MU next month on PEK-XIY, XIY-PVG and PVG-HKG. I booked an economy ticket but I cannot find the explanation of my benefits online. On my ticket is stated I can take 20kg but can I take 10kg more or an extra piece ? Also are there other benefits as priority check in, luggage labels or priority upgrades ?

Thanks all !
Old Apr 18, 12, 7:31 pm

Programs: Spire RA, SPG Platinum, FB Ultimate, LH FQTV, Ctrip Diamond VIP.
STE benefits are clear and executed at MU just like on any other airline:
Priority Check-in (at First counter or designated Elite counter), 10 kg more baggage for weight concept.

No lounge, no upgrade, no priority labeling for Elites.

See http://www.skyteam.com/Why-SkyTeam/SkyTeam-Benefits/
Old Apr 19, 12, 1:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamd, SPG gold, Amex Gold, Intercon. Plati Amb, Pr Club Plati, FlyingBlue silver
Originally Posted by Chinatrvl View Post
STE benefits are clear and executed at MU just like on any other airline:
Priority Check-in (at First counter or designated Elite counter), 10 kg more baggage for weight concept.

No lounge, no upgrade, no priority labeling for Elites.

See http://www.skyteam.com/Why-SkyTeam/SkyTeam-Benefits/
Thanks for the reply !
Old Jun 7, 12, 10:06 pm

Programs: UA Gold / *A Gold
Originally Posted by trytolivegood View Post
Thanks for the reply !
You are not allowed in the lounge with your status, but I know in the early days of MU joining ST, I was admitted with Delta Silver (ST Elite) status at BJS (or PEK if you prefer to call it that). Might still work at some smaller airports. Doubtful it would work at PVG, as that is MU primary hub.

Some may blast me for suggesting this, others may thank me. Personally, I don't think their is anything wrong with non-agressively trying to gain admittance so long as you are not a pest about it.
Old Jun 8, 12, 9:46 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
DL seems to give the only free elite upgrades; foreign carriers generally don't do this.

Many lounges in China are members of Priority Pass, although you need to check where they are located in the airport carefully. However, IME most lounges in China (certainly including the CZ ones which are SkyTeam) are very minimal, with only coffee/tea and very small snacks such as tiny cookies being offered, so it probably would not be worth paying for PP for mainland flights. If you can get PP from a credit card, be sure to request this and note that you need the physical card for lounge entrance.
Old Jun 13, 12, 11:46 am

Programs: FB Gold, M&S Gold, QF Gold
I stopped in the 2nd week of may PVG, travelled with MU from PVG to CAN and could enter the lounge with sky team elite plus card at both airports.
Old Jun 13, 12, 4:01 pm
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by rmorales View Post
I stopped in the 2nd week of may PVG, travelled with MU from PVG to CAN and could enter the lounge with sky team elite plus card at both airports.
This is correct because you're FB Gold, which is SkyTeam ElitePlus and has lounge privileges. The OP is FB Silver, which is only SkyTeam Elite, which means no lounge entitlement from the alliance.
Old Jun 13, 12, 9:08 pm
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: SQ QPP, LH SEN, CZ G, QR G, CX G, BA EC, HH D, MR S, SPG G, IC A
Did you have an international connection? If not, they bent the rules for you.
Old Jun 13, 12, 9:28 pm
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Originally Posted by Desert Traveller View Post
It's not correct, but I think "international" flight is frequently interpreted as one that isn't entirely in the USA. YMMV.
Old Jun 14, 12, 5:45 am

Programs: FB Gold, M&S Gold, QF Gold
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
This is correct because you're FB Gold, which is SkyTeam ElitePlus and has lounge privileges. The OP is FB Silver, which is only SkyTeam Elite, which means no lounge entitlement from the alliance.
Sorry my bad, didn't notice.

In PVG you have paid lounges pretty cheap, be aware that they take cash only and it has to be Yuan.

Originally Posted by Desert Traveller View Post
No international connection, just local MU and stayed in PVG for a couple of nights.
Old Jun 14, 12, 6:09 am
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Sorry my bad, didn't notice.

In PVG you have paid lounges pretty cheap, be aware that they take cash only and it has to be Yuan.

No international connection, just local MU and stayed in PVG for a couple of nights.
Some of these lounges accept Priority Pass also.

In fact, this seems to be the pattern in the mainland airports that are used by many foreigners: CZ/MU lounge (but limited) for SkyTeam Elite Plus traveling on SkyTeam, Priority Pass accepted, with some lounges selling day passes for cash too. So unless you're going to places that are a bit more off the beaten track for foreigners, you will be able to get lounge access somehow.
Old Feb 10, 18, 5:27 am

Programs: IHG Plat Ambassador, Marriott Platinum Premier, Hilton Gold, AccorHotels Silver, oneworld Sapphire
Now China Eastern officially gives lounge access to its Silvers: VIP Membership Interests | China Eastern Airlines