Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > SkyTeam
Reload this Page >

Lounge access with SkyTeam

Lounge access with SkyTeam

Old Feb 26, 2012, 3:48 am

Programs: BA Silver; HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Points but dirt with everyone else
Originally Posted by Marilu
Do you have the link listing the lounges? I could only find this link which lists the general SkyTeam benefits: https://www.delta.com/skymiles/about...fits/index.jsp
The lounge listing is not hard to find. Select BusinessElite passenger and then find your airport (again, if you'd mentioned the airport, we could have provided clear information faster) to see which lounges you were entitled to. I don't think there's much difference between the BE list and the ST E+ list, but maybe there are a few airports.
Old Mar 4, 2012, 8:47 am

Programs: Lifetime Platinum
?

Originally Posted by mtkeller
The lounge listing is not hard to find. Select BusinessElite passenger and then find your airport (again, if you'd mentioned the airport, we could have provided clear information faster) to see which lounges you were entitled to. I don't think there's much difference between the BE list and the ST E+ list, but maybe there are a few airports.
But does that apply to Delta Elite etc., members only ? How about a KL/AF British Elite for life....travelling around North America domestically for a few weeks ? Last time I was there....'Sorry, you may be 'for life' but you have to be travelling Internationally for access'....which to me says, 'for life' perk..forget it.
Old Mar 4, 2012, 8:58 am

Programs: Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by KLflyerRalph
If you are a BE passenger, you're only entitled to the lounge DL has a contract with. If that's not the AF lounge, and you're not Elite+, you indeed weren't eligible.

But the DL website is VERY clear about this! They list all the lounges one can use after you've submitted your credentials (E+, BE, AMEX etc.).

I beg to differ...it is not at all clear to SkyTeam members...outside of North America...I would read their list of members admitted..(SkyTeam Elite etc.etc.) to include us lot outside of N A....but they don't say that, which is not at all clear.
Old Mar 4, 2012, 2:20 pm

Originally Posted by mike turnbull
But does that apply to Delta Elite etc., members only ? How about a KL/AF British Elite for life....travelling around North America domestically for a few weeks ? Last time I was there....'Sorry, you may be 'for life' but you have to be travelling Internationally for access'....which to me says, 'for life' perk..forget it.
SkyTeam lounge access is only provided when travelling with a same-day international connection (subject to DL's definition of international that excludes most of the Caribbean). Unlike *A, where it's only UA/US elites who are denied lounge access on domestic flights within the US, you need an international flight for SkyTeam lounges. Your program might grant more liberal lounge access (although the domestic flights you can find on ST within Europe are rather limited) to their lounges, but SkyTeam's policy is international connection.
Old Mar 4, 2012, 2:20 pm

Originally Posted by mike turnbull
I beg to differ...it is not at all clear to SkyTeam members...outside of North America...I would read their list of members admitted..(SkyTeam Elite etc.etc.) to include us lot outside of N A....but they don't say that, which is not at all clear.
SkyTeam Elite Plus is clear. Doesn't matter which program it's from, if you're SkyTeam Elite Plus, you have lounge access when travelling on a flight with a same day international connection.
Old May 2, 2012, 8:43 pm
c2h

Programs: QR-PLT, AM-Platino, TK-Elite
Originally Posted by mtkeller
SkyTeam Elite Plus is clear. Doesn't matter which program it's from, if you're SkyTeam Elite Plus, you have lounge access when travelling on a flight with a same day international connection.
May I add, or arriving from an international flight to a domestic connection.

I wasn't aware of this 'international leg rule' until recently I wasn't allowed into AM Club Premier lounge in MEX on a purely domestic flight although I am E+ and AMFFP Gold.

Tried it in MEX, MID and CUN. It seems they are following the rules.

Defeats the purpose being E+ really.

Last edited by c2h; May 2, 2012 at 8:44 pm Reason: MEX
Old Apr 27, 2013, 10:03 pm

Programs: TK E+, WY, Radisson R
Just want to reconfirm (I know this may have been discussed before over and over).

Flying within USA domestic on DL, there's absolutely no lounge access flying ANY CLASS without other paid membership nor credit card, even if you have Elite Plus from foreign airlines. Is this correct?
Old Apr 28, 2013, 2:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by vincewy
Just want to reconfirm (I know this may have been discussed before over and over).

Flying within USA domestic on DL, there's absolutely no lounge access flying ANY CLASS without other paid membership nor credit card, even if you have Elite Plus from foreign airlines. Is this correct?
Yes, this is correct. However, you can normally buy a day pass.
Old Apr 29, 2013, 11:40 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by vincewy

You do get lounge access on domestic connections to/from international, but not with a purely domestic ticket.
Old Jun 11, 2013, 9:56 pm

Programs: DL Platinum/SkyTeam Elite Plus
im flying from London to Milan and Milan to Rome on Alitalia..i am ST elite plus..do I get lounge access in London and Milan?
This is confusing!
Thanks.
Old Jun 12, 2013, 2:14 am

Programs: A number, but no status no more
Hi,

Originally Posted by FreqTrav27
im flying from London to Milan and Milan to Rome on Alitalia..i am ST elite plus..do I get lounge access in London and Milan?
This is confusing!
Thanks.
In London, yes, definitely.

In Milan, are you connecting from your London flight, or is this on a different day?
(a) if you are connecting, you will receive access by showing both your boarding passes
(b) if it's a different day, no access in principle.

Cheers,

GenevaFlyer
Old Jun 12, 2013, 2:26 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by GenevaFlyer
Hi,

In London, yes, definitely.

In Milan, are you connecting from your London flight, or is this on a different day?
(a) if you are connecting, you will receive access by showing both your boarding passes
(b) if it's a different day, no access in principle.

Cheers,

GenevaFlyer
To explain a bit, SkyTeam ElitePlus gets lounge access for international SkyTeam flights/itineraries, so domestic flights within Italy would not count if flown on a separate day. Otherwise, you would show both boarding passes in Rome because most (USA being exceptions, plus a few special designated lounges such as at CDG) lounges are departures lounges.
Old Jul 7, 2013, 10:01 pm

Programs: TK E+, WY, Radisson R
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
You do get lounge access on domestic connections to/from international, but not with a purely domestic ticket.
I just used Centurion Lounge at LAS and here's my thought.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/21058166-post284.html

If you live in US, fly primarily domestic with Delta, and don't care for upgrades. I see little to no benefit of maintaining Medallion Silver or even Gold. By having the AmEx Gold card, I have pretty much the same perks as Silver, with AmEx and "The Club" opening more lounges, Delta better start enhancing their Gold and Platinum with more perks such as free access to Sky Club, else we'll be seeing a lot of folks stop maintaining their ST statuses.

Last edited by vincewy; Jul 7, 2013 at 10:06 pm
Old Jan 11, 2016, 2:01 pm

Programs: DL PM, WN A-List
Sorry to bring this thread back to life, but I have a quick question. I will be flying MSP-ATL-DUS 3/19 in Delta F/J, then on a separate ticket in Y DUS - FCO Alitalia 3/20. Will I have lounge access in DUS even though connecting in Y? The policy on the SkyTeam website is not so clear. Many thanks!
Old Jan 11, 2016, 4:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by BusinessElite25
Sorry to bring this thread back to life, but I have a quick question. I will be flying MSP-ATL-DUS 3/19 in Delta F/J, then on a separate ticket in Y DUS - FCO Alitalia 3/20. Will I have lounge access in DUS even though connecting in Y? The policy on the SkyTeam website is not so clear. Many thanks!
If there is business class on the DUS-FCO flight, then it will be challenging especially knowing that it is a contract lounge in DUS.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.