Reload this Page >

Air France Lounge LAX Terminal 2

Air France Lounge LAX Terminal 2

Old Jan 28, 12, 6:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SkyMiles, FlyingBlue
Smile Air France Lounge LAX Terminal 2

Hi,

I will be traveling on AF in the Affaires cabin this March and am wondering if anyone has photos of the AF/KLM lounge in the International terminal of LAX. I cannot seem to find any photos of the lounge online and have never flown AF from LAX before so I would like to get a picture of what the lounge looks like.

If anyone has photos please post them, message me, or direct me to a post that has some (new to FlyerTalk). Thanks!

styletraveler
Old Jan 29, 12, 3:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge 2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, UA Mileage plus, Le Club Accorhotels platinum
Are you aware that AF (ex-NW) lounge in T2 of LAX is the worst lounge ever ? at least in their North American network. So I'm not sure it worths to take pictures of it !
You will find many posts in the Flying Blue / Air France forum about this crappy lounge.
Old Jan 29, 12, 6:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SkyMiles, FlyingBlue
Originally Posted by Goldorak View Post
Are you aware that AF (ex-NW) lounge in T2 of LAX is the worst lounge ever ? at least in their North American network. So I'm not sure it worths to take pictures of it !
You will find many posts in the Flying Blue / Air France forum about this crappy lounge.

That sucks but good to know! I will just use one of the other lounges? Any suggestions of which is best at LAX that Air France Affaires and Priority Pass holders can use?

Merci

styletraveler
Old Feb 1, 12, 3:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge 2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, UA Mileage plus, Le Club Accorhotels platinum
Originally Posted by styletraveler View Post
Any suggestions of which is best at LAX that Air France Affaires and Priority Pass holders can use?
I'm afraid there's no other lounge you can use at T2.
Old Feb 3, 12, 6:57 pm

Programs: AM Club Premier, CO One Pass
Exclamation Indirected experience

I have no
experience going that lounge, but my son, an Airbus engineer and frquent flyer, had a tripo to visit some plants and had visited the AF lounge at LAX. He shared his very bad comments. For example, he was suprosed to find they offer MUM Champagne....but the bottles were empty and was nobody near to clean the place. This bad impression was erased by the quality of his flight in business back to CDG.
Old Feb 5, 12, 5:12 am

Beginning in May, Air France will fly with theire A380 to Los Angeles and they have to use Terminal B (Tom Bradley International) instead Terminal 2.
But what for a Lounge can the Affaires-Class passengers of Air France use in this "Tom Bradley International" Terminal?
Old Feb 5, 12, 6:09 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Kölner View Post
Beginning in May, Air France will fly with theire A380 to Los Angeles and they have to use Terminal B (Tom Bradley International) instead Terminal 2.
But what for a Lounge can the Affaires-Class passengers of Air France use in this "Tom Bradley International" Terminal?
There is a Korean/SkyTeam lounge in TBIT. It is fine, but nothing special. I've got photos of it somewhere but cannot find them right now.
Old Feb 5, 12, 6:26 am

Originally Posted by sbm12 View Post
There is a Korean/SkyTeam lounge in TBIT. It is fine.
That sounds good! Because the Air France Lounge in Terminal 2 has almost only bad reviews. So it's positv for me that the AF A380 uses TBIT and I can use the Korean Lounge..
Old Feb 6, 12, 7:04 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat, Hyatt Dia, HHonors Dia, PC Plat
I have used the AF lounge in T2 quite a few times when flying KLM out of LAX. Yes, the offerings are not the best compared to other international lounges, but probably alright compared to other lounges within the US. The main problem is in my opinion that it can be very cowed when both the KL and AF flights leave around the same time.

So will AF completely move to TBIT? What about KLM? Any insights?
Old Feb 6, 12, 10:07 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by sbm12 View Post
There is a Korean/SkyTeam lounge in TBIT. It is fine, but nothing special. I've got photos of it somewhere but cannot find them right now.
When AF was using TBIT, they had their own lounge close to the KE lounge. So, hopefully, they will re-open a facility there.
Old Feb 16, 12, 2:39 am

Originally Posted by JOUY31 View Post
When AF was using TBIT, they had their own lounge close to the KE lounge. So, hopefully, they will re-open a facility there.
I think the flight with the A380 is only during the summer!?
So there would be no need for a "Air France Only"-Lounge.
Old Feb 21, 12, 1:28 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, CO Gold, AF
Originally Posted by Kölner View Post
I think the flight with the A380 is only during the summer!?
So there would be no need for a "Air France Only"-Lounge.
I have an October trip on AF from LAX and it is showing the A380 both ways. With the completion of the expansion of TBIT not far away this will add several more 380 gates. It is possible that AF intends to move it's ops from
T2 to TBIT. One can only hope that AF will make a new home in TBIT and build a new lounge. The down side would be having to traverse TBIT. I find
T2 very easy to get in and out of.
Old Feb 22, 12, 2:04 pm

Programs: LH SEN, SPG Platinum Ambassador Status, bahn.comfort
Originally Posted by tpatta View Post
I find
T2 very easy to get in and out of.
I'm arriving in T2 next week off of the KL flight - how is passport and customs control there? Got a connecting DL flight, so I hope the lines are not too long.
Old Feb 23, 12, 5:06 pm

Lounge and passport control

Originally Posted by acjflyer View Post
I'm arriving in T2 next week off of the KL flight - how is passport and customs control there? Got a connecting DL flight, so I hope the lines are not too long.
To address the lounge situation for the earlier posting. YECH!!! One of the worst I have been in. Kind of ranks up with the VIP Lounge in Nairobi.

If you are arriving on KL around 12:30 in the afternoon you will have absolutely no problem. I was in business class last week and I was off the plane, picked up luggage and to my car in less than 30 minutes. No other international flights arrive at that time. wonderful.
Old Feb 24, 12, 3:57 am
Koc

I rather hang out at Burger King than the T2 AF lounge. Much more cosier!

Search this Thread