Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air France Lounge LAX Terminal 2

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2012, 12:31 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, CO Gold, AF
Originally Posted by acjflyer
I'm arriving in T2 next week off of the KL flight - how is passport and customs control there? Got a connecting DL flight, so I hope the lines are not too long.
If you are one of the first off the plane, around 10 minutes to clear. Really depends on your position on the aircraft and how many other flights are landing at the same time. I have gotten through in 10 minutes and if really full around an hour. Remember you have to go from T2 to T5 for your DL flight. You can take the free shuttle around the airport or just walk across the parking lots to T5. You will have to clear security again when you enter
T5.
Old Feb 25, 2012, 9:21 pm

Programs: Delta GM, ST E+, SPG Gold
Here is a still shot from a video I took of my recent trip to Europe. This image is a still shot from the video, sorry for the poor quality. Taken on 1 February 2012. I was flying AF 65 (LAX-CDG).

I admit, this lounge is quite poor! I've used this lounge many times, whether flying KLM or AF....one expects more from a business lounge! This is in need of a remodel, however, I cannot think of any additional space. This lounge also lacks food options....I only saw cookies and crackers. There was a decent selection of wines, champagne and some liquor.

[IMG][/IMG]
Old Feb 26, 2012, 2:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
I haven't been in this lounge since it is purely AF but I can tell, based on this picture, that it looks much better than the absolute crap it was at the time of NW
Old Feb 27, 2012, 11:51 am

Originally Posted by Goldorak
I haven't been in this lounge since it is purely AF but I can tell, based on this picture, that it looks much better than the absolute crap it was at the time of NW
It may look a little better, but still the same poor food and drink selection. Also, last time I was in (November) I commented on the new chairs and was told "they may look good, but are horrible to sit in". She was right. Very uncomfortable. Really wish AF would do nice remodel.
Old Mar 7, 2012, 7:00 am

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
The lounge looks better than my last visit as well. Passing through tomorrow afternoon. Are there adequate plugs? Should I consider bringing a power strip to make a few new friends?
Old Mar 7, 2012, 10:14 am

Originally Posted by lalala
The lounge looks better than my last visit as well. Passing through tomorrow afternoon. Are there adequate plugs? Should I consider bringing a power strip to make a few new friends?
Depends on the time of day. Bring one to be sure and make new friends.
Old Mar 16, 2012, 10:39 am

Programs: DL PM | Marriott Gold | Alaska Gold
I have a question re: this lounge as well - I am flying on AZ out of T2 - is there a way to get access to the AF lounge - even though it sucks? Because of other arrangements I am going to be at LAX for awhile before my flight, so at that point, a crappy lounge is better than no lounge at all - especially in T2.

Oh yeah, I am a SM Skymiles and Skyclub member if that helps.
Old Mar 19, 2012, 8:09 am

Programs: Delta GM, ST E+, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by JGfromOC
I have a question re: this lounge as well - I am flying on AZ out of T2 - is there a way to get access to the AF lounge - even though it sucks? Because of other arrangements I am going to be at LAX for awhile before my flight, so at that point, a crappy lounge is better than no lounge at all - especially in T2.

Oh yeah, I am a SM Skymiles and Skyclub member if that helps.
If you're flying "Magnifica Class" then you'll have access. Also, if you are a Skyteam Elite Plus member, you'll have lounge access. Are you a DL Diamond, Plat or Gold? If you are any of those, you'll be fine.

Last edited by upgradeluvr; Mar 19, 2012 at 8:24 am
Old Mar 19, 2012, 2:15 pm

Originally Posted by upgradeluvr
If you're flying "Magnifica Class" then you'll have access. Also, if you are a Skyteam Elite Plus member, you'll have lounge access. Are you a DL Diamond, Plat or Gold? If you are any of those, you'll be fine.
Flying Y+ - Alitalia won't let you use Skymiles to upgrade so I am screwed there. Only an SM as well. sounds like I am out of luck.
Old Mar 26, 2012, 12:37 pm

Flying Y+ - Alitalia won't let you use Skymiles to upgrade so I am screwed there. Only an SM as well. sounds like I am out of luck.
Perhaps not. If you have an AmEx Platinum you should get a free Priority Pass membership that will get you lounge access at T2.
Old Mar 26, 2012, 1:24 pm

Originally Posted by tpatta
Perhaps not. If you have an AmEx Platinum you should get a free Priority Pass membership that will get you lounge access at T2.
Just shy of my upgrade date to get to AMEX Plat.
Old May 29, 2012, 12:30 pm

Any News about which Lounge Air France uses for its Affaires-A380-Passengers in Los Angeles?
Old May 29, 2012, 2:59 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Just shy of my upgrade date to get to AMEX Plat.
You can buy the full Priority Pass program for about $130 per year and $30 per lounge visit. This plan also gets you into the UA lounges. The T2 AF lounge and also the AC Maple Leaf lounge in T2 are in PP so that you could use either after going through security at T2. If you have a long connection, will this be a problem--i.e., will you have boarding passes or need to visit the AF check in counter, which might not open until about three hours before your flight.

TBIT has a bunch of shops and food vendors land side. There's also a bar/restaurant located at the top of the iconic high structure in the center of the airport, sort of in the middle of the parking garages. Finally, many here are fans of In and Out burgers and plane spotting from under the landing paths there.
Old May 29, 2012, 3:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Kölner
Any News about which Lounge Air France uses for its Affaires-A380-Passengers in Los Angeles?
No personal knowledge, but I would be very surprised if it were other than the SkyTeam lounge operated by KE. Whe TBIT was renovated, the idea was supposed to be that each alliance would have a joint lounge, located to the right of the central area, on top of each other and sharing an elevator.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Using PP, I noticed that the Air Canada lounge closes around lunch time (before the AF/KL flights leave)...is that to prevent pax from using that lounge or do they just not have flights at that time.

It's been awhile since I have used the AF lounge (used to use it when it was NW)...is it just packaged snacks? Bottles of water that can be taken on board?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.