Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > SkyTeam
Reload this Page >

No AM Wine/Booze at LHR Sky Team Lounge?

Old Nov 6, 2011, 1:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Global Services 3.2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, AA Exec Plat

I'm here connecting to CO 35. I know there has been wine and champagne here in the past in the morning hours (as recently as June). Today, however, there is no wine, champagne or liquor, just refrigerated beer and a lone bottle of vodka (for Bloody Marys, I suppose). I asked the staff and they say the policy is "not until this evening" (I didn't ask when "the evening" starts since my flight departs at 9:20 am.) New policy? Kind of lame. I used to like this lounge ...
Old Nov 6, 2011, 8:20 am

Programs: UA nada, Hyatt Disc, Hilton Gold
That must be a new policy. I haven't been through that lounge since April, but they had a fully-stocked bar out that morning, same as always. Could also be a quirk of that day's staff, I suppose...
Old Nov 6, 2011, 9:17 am

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Silver, Hertz
I was in the SkyTeam lounge last month and noticed the same thing. Not that I usually partake in the mornings...but in Europe, it is typical to see the full bar stocked no matter what time of day. Certainly all the LH lounges do.
Old Dec 10, 2011, 3:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Global Services 3.2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, AA Exec Plat
Post-script: I'm here today for CO 5 (11:40 am departure) and the booze and wine came out at 10 am. So that seems to be the new policy.
Old Dec 10, 2011, 9:15 am

Programs: UA 1K/*G
I was there at 8am last Saturday and there were plenty of beer options as well as multiple bottles of vodka out...that was all I saw.
Old Dec 11, 2011, 3:13 am

Programs: AF/KL FB Plat 4L, VA Vel Silver, BA EC, LH M&M
I was asking for Champagne some time in the morning some day last year and was told the same thing: Champagne only in the evening.
Old Dec 12, 2011, 4:13 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by st530
I'm here connecting to CO 35. I know there has been wine and champagne here in the past in the morning hours (as recently as June). Today, however, there is no wine, champagne or liquor, just refrigerated beer and a lone bottle of vodka (for Bloody Marys, I suppose). I asked the staff and they say the policy is "not until this evening" (I didn't ask when "the evening" starts since my flight departs at 9:20 am.) New policy? Kind of lame. I used to like this lounge ...

SUNDAY?

I seem to remember that in MEM WC, booze was not served in the morning on Sunday.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.