Wiki Posts
Search

Flew Saudia before they joined SkyTeam

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2012, 7:25 am
mx2
Original Poster

Flew Saudia before they joined SkyTeam

I flew with Saudia a couple of times end of last year before they joined SkyTeam. Since I was not interested in their frequent flyer program "Al-Fursan" I didn't even bother signing up for an account. Now I see that they've joined SkyTeam. Is there any way for me to get credit for my flights? I still have the boarding passes. I presume that I can not credit the flight to e.g. Delta since I flew before Saudia was part of SkyTeam, but could I retroactively credit it to Al-Fursan then transfer it to Delta or something?

If I had credited the flight to Al-Fursan in the first place, would it have made a difference? If so, that'll teach me to always sign up for a FF account, no matter how pointless it is, in the case that the airline joins an alliance in the future.
Old Oct 29, 2012, 9:35 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
You can't transfer miles between FF programs in SkyTeam (or in general, with the exception of some credit card or hotel points to FF miles in certain programs). If you had opened a SV account before your flight, you would have a few thousand (guess) orphan miles there.
Old Oct 29, 2012, 1:51 pm
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
if you flew w SV the end of last year then it had already been public knowledge for over a year prior that SV was joining ST...............

Originally Posted by mx2
I flew with Saudia a couple of times end of last year before they joined SkyTeam. Since I was not interested in their frequent flyer program "Al-Fursan" I didn't even bother signing up for an account. Now I see that they've joined SkyTeam. Is there any way for me to get credit for my flights? I still have the boarding passes. I presume that I can not credit the flight to e.g. Delta since I flew before Saudia was part of SkyTeam, but could I retroactively credit it to Al-Fursan then transfer it to Delta or something?

If I had credited the flight to Al-Fursan in the first place, would it have made a difference? If so, that'll teach me to always sign up for a FF account, no matter how pointless it is, in the case that the airline joins an alliance in the future.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.