Wiki Posts
Search

Baggage Check - LAS-SEA-NRT-HAN

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2011, 2:18 am
Original Poster

Baggage Check - LAS-SEA-NRT-HAN

Good Day Everyone,

I'm hoping to get some direction on checking my baggage for an upcoming flight. I'm flying Business Class on this trip. Traveling from Las Vegas to Hanoi. Initially, I was booked on Delta to Tokyo, connecting to Vietnam Airlines. After a schedule change, I've been rebooked on Alaska to Seattle.

LAS-SEA - Alaska
SEA-NRT - Delta
NRT-HAN - Vietnam

Originally, I was ensured my baggage could be checked all the way to Hanoi. However, since my first flight is now on Alaska, they do not have a baggage agreement with Vietnam and I'm told I'll have to reclaim the baggage in Tokyo.

This kinda sucks because I'd prefer not to have to pick up my baggage. Unfortunately, I only have 1 hour to connect in SEA..so picking up my baggage there is not an option.

Any ideas on whether Delta would retag my bag for me at SEA or another option?
Old Oct 15, 2011, 1:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Looks like you either have to :

Reschedule to an earlier AS flight to SEA so that you may check your bag through with DL, or collect your bag at NRT and then recheck it through on VN.

Or else schedule to fly with DL/VN entirely and skip AS. Seems like there was a problem in the res that wasn't caused by you, then the issuing carrier has to fix it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.