Wiki Posts
Search

ST RTW Planner finally in use!!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2011, 1:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVPG, AA P, A3 G, MU Gold, HH G, Marriott P
ST RTW Planner finally in use!!

So I guess the RTW planner is finally in use! Kinda excited~ Will play with it for a bit and see how good it is! Anyways, good news for us ST folks~

http://www.skyteam.com/en/your-trip/...orld-Planner/#
Old Sep 18, 2011, 3:05 pm
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
I am VERY impressed by how well this looks and works!

After creating your itin it even stores it *somewhere*, for further use later on. The only thing missing is..pricing information.
Old Sep 18, 2011, 3:05 pm

Programs: ITA Executive for life; AZ CFP "per sempre" (ST E+); LH SEN; BA Bronze
Originally Posted by Jayz_004
So I guess the RTW planner is finally in use! Kinda excited~ Will play with it for a bit and see how good it is! Anyways, good news for us ST folks~

Silverlight? An incompatible technology that even microsoft has discontinued?!
Old Sep 18, 2011, 3:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
A noun may be incompatible with another noun. So you allege Silverlight is incompatible with what, specifically?
Old Sep 18, 2011, 4:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVPG, AA P, A3 G, MU Gold, HH G, Marriott P
Originally Posted by Xandrios
I am VERY impressed by how well this looks and works!

After creating your itin it even stores it *somewhere*, for further use later on. The only thing missing is..pricing information.
True, that's my first feeling too. If it could give us a quote, we could save time contacting agents or airlines and going back to make changes... But at least the interface is looking great~ Worth the wait
Old Sep 19, 2011, 1:30 am

Programs: ITA Executive for life; AZ CFP "per sempre" (ST E+); LH SEN; BA Bronze
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9800; it) AppleWebKit/534.1+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.246 Mobile Safari/534.1+)

Originally Posted by 3Cforme
A noun may be incompatible with another noun. So you allege Silverlight is incompatible with what, specifically?
With anything else but Windows up to 7. It is not available at all on iPads, tablets and mobiles, it sucks on Macs, and it is unavailable for Linux platforms.

Merrily, it will also be incompatible with Windows8 and the next generation of Explorer.

A great idea, all in all.
Old Sep 19, 2011, 10:44 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta skymiles DM + 1MM
Originally Posted by Jayz_004

I just read this on delta.com. Very good news.
Old Sep 20, 2011, 4:57 pm

Programs: FB Plat & DL KM, Le Club Plat, GHA Plat, HHonors Diamond
Th tools is great, though it fails at the last stage - any information when or whether they will add the possibility to book through the site or at least online?
Old Sep 24, 2011, 3:44 am

Programs: FBGold - and that's about it nowadays, with Silver to come shortly :<(
Well ...

... I used it today.

Yes, it gave me a schedule and showed me how many miles it covered.

Yes, it saved the itenerary and gave me an itinerary number: RTW-******.

Then I followed the instructions and contacted the booking agent (I chose KLM). The booking agent had no record of this RTW number. She was happy to put the schedule in for me, but of course that defeats the object of having done it via the online planner.

She then told me that it had to go to someone in ticketing to do a calculation, and, as it is Saturday (no one available apparently), I would not hear back till around Thursday of next week.

She also told me I could pay wih miles or money, but not with a mix of the two.

On the basis of this, whilst the tool may look ok, it is not actually much use and nor is the service. I wonder if it would be the same with a different ST member?
Old Sep 25, 2011, 11:56 am

Programs: BA Silver; HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Points but dirt with everyone else
Considering that FB may have the best IT in SkyTeam (not saying much), I cringe to think how awful the experience would be calling DL.
Old Sep 25, 2011, 10:53 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Platinum
I work at the RTW Desk at Delta. We have a special email that you enter it into and we can get it setup on our end, once you have saved it online.

Jwhuffman
Old Sep 26, 2011, 2:05 am

Programs: KLM/AF Platinum for life, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
I tried this new tool last night also. No go. It kept telling me on my 11th flight that the max # of flights is 16 and I have 17!.

In the last two months, I have tried twice with AF/KL to get a RTW price in C. Both times they put the itin into the system and it showed up in "my bookings", but never a price. Even after 3 more calls from AF/KL and a re-input (the original dates had passed) I still have no price.

Same thing happened again with a "See America" pass. First they rang me to tell me that the itin didn't qualify for an RTW pricing because I only go to two zones. Then after I got them straightened out that this was a "See America" pass itin and not RTW, they made changes and said they would get back to me. Still waiting and that was a month ago!

8 years plat and Blue Bizz client. Great service....NOT. I guess I shouldn't be surprised that they can't even be bothered to make money.
Old Sep 26, 2011, 5:18 am

Programs: FBGold - and that's about it nowadays, with Silver to come shortly :<(
Originally Posted by bankops
I tried this new tool last night also. No go. It kept telling me on my 11th flight that the max # of flights is 16 and I have 17!
I think I may have an explanation for this, not that it excuses the issue.

If you try to enter, say, BHX-SFO, as far as you are concerned that is one leg of your trip. In fact, the flights may be (just guessing) something like BHX-AMS-YYZ-SFO. This is 3 legs. The BHX-AMS leg is definite for KLM, so there would be at least 2 legs.

I have no problem with it being 3 legs, but the system shows it as one (as far as I can tell). Hence you think you have 10 flights and you actually have 16!

Would my explanation seem to do it? Not very satisfactory anyway.

Edit
Just tried it. I think my explanation is correct. When you use the tool, the destinations you choose are shown on the left, and the schedule you choose appears here in the correct order. You have to look at the bottom (small type) which indicates the number of segments. In an example I used, it appeared as if I had 4 legs from the left hand information. This was indicated as 8 segments at the bottom.
My example was:
BHX-DXB-MEL-ATL-BHX.

Last edited by brian1042; Sep 26, 2011 at 7:32 am
Old Sep 26, 2011, 6:15 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

It's works... but compared to the Star Alliance RTW tools it needs a lot of work.
Old Sep 27, 2011, 1:02 pm

Programs: AF Plat Ultimate, BA GGL, MS Elite
Originally Posted by RTW1
It's works... but compared to the Star Alliance RTW tools it needs a lot of work.
Hell yes ! Too bad you can't purchased the RTW on line.

Currectly in France but planned a RTW from abroad, I think I'm gonna be in trouble tmr to get the itinerary ticketed by AF...

Beside the first leg will be with KQ, AF can take care of it, right ?

Good luck guys

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.