Wiki Posts
Search

Elite Transfers Desk

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2011, 12:24 pm
Original Poster

Elite Transfers Desk

Hi,

I'm pretty new to Sky Team, and I see at the Flying Blue benefits that in CDG and in AMS there's a Elite Transfer Desk. I have not found what exactly is, I assume that helps in transfer, but how works exactly? Makes sense for intraeuropean flights?

Thanks of a newbie
Old May 2, 2011, 12:38 pm

Programs: EK Gold, FB Silver
As far as I know it only applies for transit passengers. I'm not 100% familiar with it as well, but you can get a (new) boarding pass there (in case you didn't get a boarding pass at your port of embarkment) or you can change you flight to a later one. Also useful in case of cancellation or late arrival of your 1st flight so that they can book you on another flight to reach your destination.
Old May 4, 2011, 7:16 am

Programs: DL PM; AA EXP
Mostly used for getting boarding pass for your connecting flight when your initial flight carrier can't print boarding passes for all legs at check-in. For example, flying ATL-(DL)-LHR-(KQ)-NBO, Delta can't print the KQ boarding pass for the Kenya Airways flight, so you have to get it from the transfers desk.
Old May 4, 2011, 2:03 pm
Original Poster

OK, Very appreciated comments
Thanks!
Old Jul 15, 2011, 1:02 pm

Programs: Oneworld sapphire (IB)
One addition however:
an elite transfer desk seems not to be existing, I asked it the other time (at 2 AF info desks) at CDG while being in transfer but the ladies had no idea at all that a desk like that existed.
Old Jul 15, 2011, 1:07 pm

Programs: FB, MM, QM, ES, KF & LP / HH, HGP & SPG
Originally Posted by michael9
One addition however:
an elite transfer desk seems not to be existing, I asked it the other time (at 2 AF info desks) at CDG while being in transfer but the ladies had no idea at all that a desk like that existed.
Which terminal was that?
Old Jul 15, 2011, 1:15 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by michael9
One addition however:
It's not exactly signposted as an elite transfer desk. At CDG or AMS airside, go to one of the main transfer desks for AF/KL and look for signs for their elites, premium passengers Affaires, WBC, etc.), and SkyTeam elites. In some areas, it's a separate line, probably with a rug, and in others where you take a number for service, you find the correct machine that prints number tickets for elites. In the take-a-number system, your wait will be much less than nonelites.

I connected through AMS once when KLM was having a computer meltdown and wanted to try to change to an earlier connecting flight (this was before I realized that the airport was having a problem). At the main schengen transfer desk, I got my number and was the next customer served. I later learned that some nonelite coach passengers were waiting hours for an agent, frequently missing their connections while waiting for someone to print a boarding pass.

In the same transfer desk areas, you'll find kiosks that frequently can print boarding passes and handle other simple transactions. You can also ask for help with some of these issues in lounges but they may send you to the transfer desk or to the gate.
Old Jul 17, 2011, 6:22 am

Programs: ITA Executive for life; AZ CFP "per sempre" (ST E+); LH SEN; BA Bronze
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
It's not exactly signposted as an elite transfer desk. At CDG or AMS airside, go to one of the main transfer desks for AF/KL and look for signs for their elites, premium passengers Affaires, WBC, etc.), and SkyTeam elites. In some areas, it's a separate line, probably with a rug, and in others where you take a number for service, you find the correct machine that prints number tickets for elites. In the take-a-number system, your wait will be much less than nonelites.
Exactly!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.