Search

Lounge at LHR Terminal 4

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2011, 6:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: QR Platinum, TK Elite
Lounge at LHR Terminal 4

Hello

I have seen a few posts about the Skyteam Lounge at Terminal 4, but had two specific questions:

1. Is there are arrivals lounge (arriving on KQ from NBO in J), and wanted a shower on arrival.

2. The departures lounge at T4, does it have showers?

Thanks

RWA
Old May 24, 2011, 6:43 am

Programs: AF/KL FB Plat 4L, VA Vel Silver, BA EC, LH M&M
The departures lounge does have showers. I do not know anything about an arrivals lounge there.
Old May 24, 2011, 6:48 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cityflyer369
The departures lounge does have showers. I do not know anything about an arrivals lounge there.
Thanks Cityflyer. Are they decent showers? (i.e. clean, provide toiletries, etc.)
Old May 24, 2011, 10:16 am

Programs: Happily off the elite hamster wheel
LHR Skyteam lounge showers

Showers are pretty good. And you get a nice little gift amenity kit when you take a shower. Check out my blog post about my recent trip there.

http://getgowing.wordpress.com/2011/...kyteam-lounge/
Old May 24, 2011, 1:08 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Spicy B
Showers are pretty good. And you get a nice little gift amenity kit when you take a shower. Check out my blog post about my recent trip there.

http://getgowing.wordpress.com/2011/...kyteam-lounge/
Thank you Spicy B. Great report on the lounge. Much appreciated.
Old May 24, 2011, 2:23 pm

Programs: AS: 75K; DL/NW: Plat; DL SC: Lifetime; Hyatt: Diamond; HH: Gold; SPG: Plat;
Strangely enough, there is not a single power outlet in any of the shower rooms. I wanted to charge my nearly-depleted cell phone while taking a shower last week, but found no oultets - and the spa agent and I looked in just about all of the shower rooms.

I was actually underwhelmed with the shower rooms. Pretty plain, and the shower kit was not that exciting either. I guess I am spoiled by other shower rooms (AF Arrivals lounge, LH F shower rooms, etc).
Old May 24, 2011, 2:38 pm
Suspended

SkyTeam Loung at LHR T4

Originally Posted by roadwarriorafrica
Hello

I have seen a few posts about the Skyteam Lounge at Terminal 4, but had two specific questions:

1. Is there are arrivals lounge (arriving on KQ from NBO in J), and wanted a shower on arrival.

2. The departures lounge at T4, does it have showers?

Thanks

RWA
The lounge is absolutely first rate with great self-serve drinks and really fine hot and cold food and fast WiFi. I have not used the showers.

One can only access the lounge from airside, not arrival.

Most people do not know that there are two floors the the lounge with an elevator toward the back on the right near the food. The lounge's first floor can be a little busy but few go to the second floor.

You will love it.
Old May 25, 2011, 3:09 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by bostonbali
Strangely enough, there is not a single power outlet in any of the shower rooms. I wanted to charge my nearly-depleted cell phone while taking a shower last week, but found no oultets - and the spa agent and I looked in just about all of the shower rooms.

I was actually underwhelmed with the shower rooms. Pretty plain, and the shower kit was not that exciting either. I guess I am spoiled by other shower rooms (AF Arrivals lounge, LH F shower rooms, etc).
The shower kit I got was very nice, better than I have ever got, complete with tooth brush and toothpaste. The toothpaste, for example, was much the inch long and 5 mm in diameter, the kind you get in Business class amenity pack. It's not to have to search for your tooth brush and toothpaste and after the shower not have to worry about packing a wet tooth brush. I didn't look for a power outlet, as I have no need for an electric shaver (I have a beard) and I always keep my cell phone charged.

The food selection is excellent. In the evening, they had enough for dinner. Lamb curry and rice was what i had.
Old May 25, 2011, 3:10 am

Originally Posted by bostonbali

Generally bathrooms in the UK don't have sockets or switches, other than for electric shavers. Notice that lights switches are usually outside the room, or hung from a cord. I think the electrical regulations are less stringent now than they used to be, and allow sockets in bathrooms if they're a sufficient distance from water. But even if they would be allowed to be installed, it's quite possible that it didn't occur to anyone to do so. Certainly most British people wouldn't expect to be able to charge a phone in a shower room.
Old May 25, 2011, 4:00 am
Original Poster

Thanks everyone for your really detailed feedback.

I take it that there are no arrivals facilities at all.
Old May 25, 2011, 4:28 am
Suspended

Thanks everyone for your really detailed feedback.

I take it that there are no arrivals facilities at all.
There is an arrival lounge. It's called Yotel. It's available to Skyteam Elite Plus and to Premium Class passengers. A Skyclub membership alone does not give you access to Yotel.
Old May 25, 2011, 4:30 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Yaatri
There is an arrival lounge. It's called Yotel. It's available to Skyteam Elite Plus and to Premium Class passengers. A Skyclub membership alone does not give you access to Yotel.
Would I be able to use this if I am arriving in Business on Kenya Airways?
Old May 25, 2011, 4:31 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by maccoinnich
Generally bathrooms in the UK don't have sockets or switches, other than for electric shavers. Notice that lights switches are usually outside the room, or hung from a cord. I think the electrical regulations are less stringent now than they used to be, and allow sockets in bathrooms if they're a sufficient distance from water. But even if they would be allowed to be installed, it's quite possible that it didn't occur to anyone to do so. Certainly most British people wouldn't expect to be able to charge a phone in a shower room.
I won't charge my cell phone in the shower room anyway. During my travels, I have never been left stranded with dead battery or even so low a battery that it needs to be charged right away. I do carry a fully charged spare battery, but have never needed to use it.
Old May 26, 2011, 2:30 am

Programs: BA Silver; HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Points but dirt with everyone else
Would I be able to use this if I am arriving in Business on Kenya Airways?
Are you connecting at LHR or is LHR your destination? It's not clear from your post. I'm not sure that the Yotel is available for all SkyTeam Elite+ on ST flights or if it's just if you're flying DL. Seems you'd need to check with KQ if they provide Yotel access at LHR for their J passengers. If you're only connecting at LHR, just use the SkyTeam T4 lounge.
Old May 26, 2011, 6:57 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Yotel at LHR is not a covered benefit for all ST ElitePlus flying on all SkyTeam airlines into or out of LHR on a SkyTeam airline. If wanting to use it, most ST ElitePlus flying into/out of LHR on SkyTeam would have to make their own payment arrangements.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.