Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > SkyTeam
Reload this Page >

Help! Luggage Lost on Skyteam RTW Trip...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2017, 4:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: OZ Platinum LifeTime; DL PM; QF Gold; VA Gold; HH Diamond; IHG Diamond

Hi everyone

My parents booked a Skyteam RTW itinerary and are currently on it.

They just connected through FRA from AZ400 (FCO-FRA) to VN30 (FRA-SGN) with a 4 hour layover in FRA. (Please don't ask why they routed this way...I had nothing to do with their itinerary!)

On arrival in SGN, my dad's bag was missing. It's been left behind in Rome, apparently. My mum's bags arrived fine.

My dad's been told he's only entitled to "about US$30" to cover immediate amenities, and that they will "try" to get his bag by tomorrow. They're only spending 3 days in Vietnam, so if the bag gets delayed, what's the suggested procedure and what coverage of further costs is he entitled to?

Despite having flown over a million miles over 3 decades (I know, not a lot for some of the FT members, here but just saying I'm not a total noob at this!), I've been very lucky and only had my bag go missing once in BOS, and it was delivered to my hotel that evening.

Looking for any advice and also what, if any, compensation/reimbursement is available. Thanks in advance everyone!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.