Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > SkyTeam
Reload this Page >

Using credit for Aeromexico

Old Mar 18, 2011, 6:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA, American, Marriott, UA MP, Skymiles, Hyatt, HiltonHonors, SPG

My GF has a dilemma that I cannot advise her on, so this could be solved by some pros on here:

In her words>>

So... I have a credit with an airline on a flight I couldn't take. Because I lose so much $$ on it w/ the penalties, I want to just use it to buy a one way ticket so I don't pay out of pocket.

The airline is saying that b/c the original flight was RT I HAVE to use it on a RT ticket.
Has anyone dealt with anything like this? Isn't a credit a credit?

--I've talked to two people and the original travel agent called and got the same thing. but i'm going to call and call until i get someone who can help.

LAX to CANCUN with AEROMEXICOis over $700rt. And my credit is only $450. So I thought I could fly Aeromex there & Virgin back ($150 each way).
I just don't want to flush this credit down the drain!
Not to mention, to get the cheap Virgin flight I'd have to ask for an extra day off work, which is not going to fly. So you see my pickle here.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.