Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > SkyTeam
Reload this Page >

"AF/KLM & Delta chasing after Jet Airways"

Old Mar 10, 11, 9:54 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM)
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue (AF/KL)

According to Luchtvaartnieuws.nl are keen to get a partnership with Jet Airways.

If Jet would join Skyteam it would move its base from Brussels to Amsterdam.

I was under the impression that Jet was not heading towards Skyteam, but based on this article it could be possible.

Gajan
Old Mar 10, 11, 1:43 pm

The French financial newspaper, La Tribune, published an article today whereby AFKLDL are more than merely "keen". Apparently negociations are well underway. More details here(in French).
Reuters also confirmed the news (or is it still a rumour) yesterday.
Old Mar 10, 11, 10:27 pm

Programs: |QF Gold|OZ Gold|HH Diamond|
Analysis in English here:

http://www.centreforaviation.com/new...antic-jv/page1

Interesting comment at the end of the article - "Lufthansa, which does not codeshare with Jet, is reported to prefer Air India as a local partner in India as it could wield greater influence over the relationship with the state-owned carrier than the independent and more commercially focussed Jet." I guess that says a lot about the *A vs. ST approach to their alliances...
Old Mar 13, 11, 3:10 pm

Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (S60; SymbOS; Opera Mobi/498; U; en-GB) Presto/2.4.18 Version/10.00)

Very interesing news, and I've read on some obscure Italian forum that 9W may also be looking at extending their current partnership with AZ in the form of new FCO-BOM, FCO-DEL and MXP-BOM routes which could be opened by one or the other airline in the next months/years.
For this reason I wouldn't be surprised to see Jet's current base moving down south into warmer waters... Also I don't think 9W ever had particularily strong relationships with *A, in fact if I remember correctly it is out of pure coincidence if SN joined *A a few years after the two airlines signed their agreement.

Last edited by bungler; Mar 14, 11 at 12:16 pm
Old Mar 14, 11, 3:59 pm

Programs: AZ CFP (ST E+), BA Silver
Originally Posted by bungler View Post
9W may also be looking at extending their current partnership with AZ in the form of new FCO-BOM, FCO-DEL and MXP-BOM routes which could be opened by one or the other airline in the next months/years.
I also read the same thing, let's hope so. My flight on 9W was excellent last winter, I would happily fly with them again.
Old Mar 18, 11, 3:55 pm

Programs: DL PM
Very glad to see this! I think this benefits ST, 9W and passengers.
Old Mar 21, 11, 6:40 am

Programs: LX HON, AFKL Platinum, BA Gold->Blue again
Iirc 9W tried to open their mini-hub at AMS but they could not get the slots required to operate 6-8 flights in the morning. So they moved to BRU instead.

This hasn't changed afaik, but I also don't see 9W moving to AMS if they join ST, because they'd to a large extent overlap with the KL/DL North-America to India operations.
Old Mar 21, 11, 12:30 pm

Programs: Emirates gold *alliance silver jet airways platinum tridentprivilege gold.
Check out the airlines of India page for the disappointment at the fait accompli. Jet will certainly give Skyteam a much needed quality boost
Old Mar 23, 11, 9:44 am
Moderator, SkyTeam and Germany
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: AB, BA, LH, KL, QR, spg, IC
A major milestone for Skyteam!
Old Mar 23, 11, 9:58 am

Programs: |QF Gold|OZ Gold|HH Diamond|
Originally Posted by MichielR View Post
but I also don't see 9W moving to AMS if they join ST, because they'd to a large extent overlap with the KL/DL North-America to India operations.
Joining the TATL JV would mean that effectively every KL and DL flight across the Atlantic would be sold as a 9W coded flight, and the press articles mention that one of those existing flights would be transferred to 9W. This means they would only need 3 or 4 daily slots for arrivals and departures from India, with the other end of the scissor being handled by KL and DL flights.
Old Mar 24, 11, 2:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Excellent news! Soon I can earn EQM's on my domestic flights in India.
Old Mar 24, 11, 12:47 pm

Programs: Finnair Silver, Vistara Gold
Kingfisher will soon join one world and is already in partnership with Finnair from this month. Finnair is selling Helsinki to anywhere major in India SO jet will move ahead too with partnerships