FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   SkyTeam (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/skyteam-412/)
-   -   "AF/KLM & Delta chasing after Jet Airways" (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/skyteam/1192929-af-klm-delta-chasing-after-jet-airways.html)

Gajan Mar 10, 2011 9:54 am

"AF/KLM & Delta chasing after Jet Airways"

According to Luchtvaartnieuws.nl are keen to get a partnership with Jet Airways.

If Jet would join Skyteam it would move its base from Brussels to Amsterdam.

I was under the impression that Jet was not heading towards Skyteam, but based on this article it could be possible.

Gajan

l'agentsecret Mar 10, 2011 1:43 pm

The French financial newspaper, La Tribune, published an article today whereby AFKLDL are more than merely "keen". Apparently negociations are well underway. More details here(in French).
Reuters also confirmed the news (or is it still a rumour) yesterday.

Supersonic Swinger Mar 10, 2011 10:27 pm

Analysis in English here:

http://www.centreforaviation.com/new...antic-jv/page1

Interesting comment at the end of the article - "Lufthansa, which does not codeshare with Jet, is reported to prefer Air India as a local partner in India as it could wield greater influence over the relationship with the state-owned carrier than the independent and more commercially focussed Jet." I guess that says a lot about the *A vs. ST approach to their alliances...

bungler Mar 13, 2011 3:10 pm

Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (S60; SymbOS; Opera Mobi/498; U; en-GB) Presto/2.4.18 Version/10.00)

Very interesing news, and I've read on some obscure Italian forum that 9W may also be looking at extending their current partnership with AZ in the form of new FCO-BOM, FCO-DEL and MXP-BOM routes which could be opened by one or the other airline in the next months/years.
For this reason I wouldn't be surprised to see Jet's current base moving down south into warmer waters... Also I don't think 9W ever had particularily strong relationships with *A, in fact if I remember correctly it is out of pure coincidence if SN joined *A a few years after the two airlines signed their agreement.

raistlin Mar 14, 2011 3:59 pm

Originally Posted by bungler (Post 16027919)
9W may also be looking at extending their current partnership with AZ in the form of new FCO-BOM, FCO-DEL and MXP-BOM routes which could be opened by one or the other airline in the next months/years.

I also read the same thing, let's hope so. My flight on 9W was excellent last winter, I would happily fly with them again.

YesLetsDiscuss Mar 18, 2011 3:55 pm

Very glad to see this! I think this benefits ST, 9W and passengers.

MichielR Mar 21, 2011 6:40 am

Iirc 9W tried to open their mini-hub at AMS but they could not get the slots required to operate 6-8 flights in the morning. So they moved to BRU instead.

This hasn't changed afaik, but I also don't see 9W moving to AMS if they join ST, because they'd to a large extent overlap with the KL/DL North-America to India operations.

rathin100 Mar 21, 2011 12:30 pm

Check out the airlines of India page for the disappointment at the fait accompli. Jet will certainly give Skyteam a much needed quality boost

ralfkrippner Mar 23, 2011 9:44 am

A major milestone for Skyteam! ^

Supersonic Swinger Mar 23, 2011 9:58 am

Originally Posted by MichielR (Post 16072672)
but I also don't see 9W moving to AMS if they join ST, because they'd to a large extent overlap with the KL/DL North-America to India operations.

Joining the TATL JV would mean that effectively every KL and DL flight across the Atlantic would be sold as a 9W coded flight, and the press articles mention that one of those existing flights would be transferred to 9W. This means they would only need 3 or 4 daily slots for arrivals and departures from India, with the other end of the scissor being handled by KL and DL flights.

stimpy Mar 24, 2011 2:06 am

Excellent news! Soon I can earn EQM's on my domestic flights in India.

jakas Mar 24, 2011 12:47 pm

Kingfisher will soon join one world and is already in partnership with Finnair from this month. Finnair is selling Helsinki to anywhere major in India SO jet will move ahead too with partnerships