Best Airline to Europe in Business class

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best Airline to Europe in Business class

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2011, 1:38 pm

Programs: NWA
Earlier this year, I flew Alitalia from BOS > FCO in economy and arguably we had it better than Business class. The plane was half empty so after take off, we all claimed entire rows. 15 of us even had the entire middle section of a 320 to ourselves--all four seats! Talk about lay flat
Old Apr 28, 2011, 4:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

WOW four across seating on an A320!!! Amazing!
Old Apr 28, 2011, 6:49 pm

Programs: Emirates gold *alliance silver jet airways platinum tridentprivilege gold.
Originally Posted by hfly
WOW four across seating on an A320!!! Amazing!
Cmon,cut the OP some slack.. He meant some other transatlantic certified type I am sure, ..even Alitalia wouldnt try and pull that stunt, flying an A320 across the Atlantic ,,,, not poss even with duct tape to fix or merge broken seats Im afraid

Loved these last two posts .. they make a profound point: Since no one with
a choice fly Alitalia longhaul you do get a nice empty plane (their service is so bad that it wont interfere with your sense of isolation for sure) -- so maybe one should quietly fly Alitalia for this reason !!!
Old Apr 29, 2011, 12:33 am

What a deplorable post.
Old May 2, 2011, 11:08 am
In Memoriam

Programs: DL DM, UA, AA, SPG Gold, Marriott, HH, Fairmont, NYSC (Passport), 24hrFitness-Super Sport
Originally Posted by raistlin
What's so confusing?

If you are flying discounted economy, then I can see why you would want to "save" 30 euros by doing reservations yourself.

If you are flying Magnifica/J, I really cannot see why you should bother calling the airline yourself.
Whoops. Stupid mistake on my part. Was thinking Travel Agent, not Ticket Agent.
Old Jun 3, 2011, 1:33 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Sixt Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Avis First, Caesars TR Diamond, Mlife Gold
What about Aeroflot, I have heard very good things about there service etc?
Old Jun 5, 2011, 11:00 am

Programs: FB, MM, QM, ES, KF & LP / HH, HGP & SPG
Originally Posted by gkbiiii
What about Aeroflot, I have heard very good things about there service etc?
They improved a lot over the past few years. The service, the aircraft, even the airports are upgraded now all across Russia... But it depends where you what to fly them to.
Old Jun 6, 2011, 1:26 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Sixt Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Avis First, Caesars TR Diamond, Mlife Gold
Originally Posted by 31dany
They improved a lot over the past few years. The service, the aircraft, even the airports are upgraded now all across Russia... But it depends where you what to fly them to.
With Delta Skymiles, is it possible to use them and go to Spain, from the USA? I have for a long while wanted to try them.
Old Jun 7, 2011, 10:26 am

Programs: BA Silver; HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Points but dirt with everyone else
With Delta Skymiles, is it possible to use them and go to Spain, from the USA? I have for a long while wanted to try them.
Depends on how many miles you want to burn. If you're OK with it pricing out as a US-SVO return plus an SVO-Spain return, you could do it. However, it's not looking good for SVO as a connecting flight for US-Spain given the MPM restrictions. (SVO-MAD is over 2,000 miles, and DL's MPM restrictions usually offer a couple hundred miles more than the shortest route, but likely not that many.)
Old Jun 7, 2011, 12:35 pm

Originally Posted by mtkeller
Depends on how many miles you want to burn. If you're OK with it pricing out as a US-SVO return plus an SVO-Spain return, you could do it. However, it's not looking good for SVO as a connecting flight for US-Spain given the MPM restrictions. (SVO-MAD is over 2,000 miles, and DL's MPM restrictions usually offer a couple hundred miles more than the shortest route, but likely not that many.)
So would Alitalia, USA-Rome-Spain count for a low (saver) miles option, under the Skymiles program?
Old Jun 7, 2011, 1:30 pm

Programs: BA Silver; HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Points but dirt with everyone else
So would Alitalia, USA-Rome-Spain count for a low (saver) miles option, under the Skymiles program?
Probably going to depend on what the origin and destinations are, but I think the answer is going to be no. I tried MIA to MAD and BCN, and both came in over the MPM when routed via FCO.
Old Jun 10, 2011, 8:18 pm

Programs: Emirates gold *alliance silver jet airways platinum tridentprivilege gold.
Originally Posted by bungler
What a deplorable post.

Sory if I hurt your feelings...its only a website about airlines etc so please dont take it personally
Old Jun 11, 2011, 11:58 am

Programs: ITA Executive for life; AZ CFP "per sempre" (ST E+); LH SEN; BA Bronze
Originally Posted by rathin100
Sory if I hurt your feelings...its only a website about airlines etc so please dont take it personally
It's just that it's so painful to see someone make a fool of himself in such a sad way... but suit yourself!
Old Jun 12, 2011, 5:19 am

Originally Posted by raistlin
It's just that it's so painful to see someone make a fool of himself in such a sad way... but suit yourself!

Sorry to have caused you such pain! Ill bear in mind your insecurity and seeming lack of a sense of humour in future
Old Jun 25, 2011, 5:57 am

My answer to this question is any Asian airlines with the exception of the Asian airlines in skyteam are great way to fly into Europe...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.