Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > SkyTeam
Reload this Page >

Best Airline to Europe in Business class

Best Airline to Europe in Business class

Old Jun 26, 11, 1:59 am

Programs: FB, MM, QM, ES, KF & LP / HH, HGP & SPG
Originally Posted by RA-wannabe View Post
My answer to this question is any Asian airlines with the exception of the Asian airlines in skyteam are great way to fly into Europe...
Another mean comment... How can you fly within Europe with an Asian carrier? Please take your time and read all the comments in a thread before throwing litter...
Old Jun 27, 11, 12:13 pm

OP wants to fly INTO Europe not within Europe... I stand by my views... Any Asian airlines into Europe is great except Asian airlines that are in SkyTeam... however to qualify, Korean Air is perhaps the exception to the rule.... If you have to fly into Europe on Skyteam, then Korean Air would be best... All other SkyTeam airlines pretty much suck...
Old Jun 27, 11, 1:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes, thank you for your untimely and quite frankly off topic and bordering on useless opinion. the OP posted the question specifically on the Skyteam forum, asking about Skyteam Airlines, so whether you think Singapore Airlines or Ariana Afghan Airlines are the best, it is absolutely immaterial. BTW having recently flown SQ in the last week on two mid haul segments, I was reminded how mediocre most of their Biz product is, and that their greatest cheerleaders on FT either fly them on their "show" routes, or believe the shiny advertisements they read, rather than actually fly the airlines in question.
Old Jul 7, 11, 12:06 pm

Programs: Emirates gold *alliance silver jet airways platinum tridentprivilege gold.
Originally Posted by RA-wannabe View Post
OP wants to fly INTO Europe not within Europe... I stand by my views... Any Asian airlines into Europe is great except Asian airlines that are in SkyTeam... however to qualify, Korean Air is perhaps the exception to the rule.... If you have to fly into Europe on Skyteam, then Korean Air would be best... All other SkyTeam airlines pretty much suck...
Completely agree with your observations... but the somewhat churlish responses to your post that you see here ar probably because most people here are stuck with Skyteam for one reason or the other and Stockholm syndrome has taken hold. While everyone is entitled to their opinions, the idea that SQ Business Class service is mediocre, would I think, be subscribed to by a very small minority of global travellers Its so out there that is does not bear comment!
Old Jul 8, 11, 2:49 pm

Originally Posted by cw082350 View Post
Planning a trip to Europe in the fall. What is the best airline for business class to Europe
British Airways.
Old Jul 8, 11, 6:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Posted either by someone who does not fly often, or only flies BA often.........
Old Jul 27, 11, 9:19 pm

Programs: NWA
Smile

I've read thru most of the posts on this topic. Interesting indeed. I'm not sure why anyone is posting about airlines NOT in the Skyteam?

I've been in Business Class on KLM, AF, Delta, Aeroflot, and walked past it on Alitalia. I've also been in CDG, AMS, Milpansa, Moscow. Every airport I've been to has had some issue...whether losing my bag, annoying people, too hot, too cold...however, and from experience...AMS is a GREAT airport. CDG is a GREAT airport. Rome is very unimpressive as is Milan Milpansa. Moscow looked nice, but didn't have enough time to really look around. All of the business classes I have been in were decent enough, considering I could have been in coach. AF was good, KLM was good, DL was good. Nothing negative about any of them. Alitalia, not so much. Icky is the best way I could describe the planes we were on. And not the nicest FA's either. Aeroflot, regardless of online reviews, was a real nice couple of flights with nice FA's. My wife and I were treated very well. I think if you can bring your bags with you, you will avoid most issues. If you have to check them, get insurance and keep moving along. If you have a bag issue, deal with it quickly and get on with your trip. None of these airlines is any better than the other in terms of losing or not losing your bags. Where I want to sit is in FIRST CLASS! How do you get up there? Many of the planes I've been on always seem to have 4 or 8 of the seats...but my miles never seem to be able to get me there!

Good luck in your travels!

LMB
Old Jul 28, 11, 4:30 pm

Programs: BA Silver; HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Points but dirt with everyone else
Originally Posted by Lilmishabear View Post
Alitalia, not so much. Icky is the best way I could describe the planes we were on. And not the nicest FA's either.
AZ's FAs (I've only flown them short-haul) are not terribly friendly, but they do their jobs efficiently. Their short-haul fleet is really pretty new, and they're apparently updating the long-haul fleet and bringing in flat beds in J, so you might want to give them another chance if flying one of the routes with the new J product.
Old Jul 30, 11, 2:52 pm

Just catching up with this interesting topic. Well, based on my personal experience: I'd [reluctantly] go for AF. I haven't tried the new AZ's business class hence I can't comment on that one, however I would certainly avoid them due to their awful customer/ground service etc. I know we're talking about Sky Team airlines, however BA are by far the best airline when it comes to long haul travelling. Oh, and I flew KL a few times: the onboard experience is actually quite nice but I personally find AMS an organised mess!
Old Aug 2, 11, 1:26 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP
I've flown AF three times to CDG from SEA, and loved every minute of each flight. The service is great, the food is tasty, and I love their strong selection of both European films and Hollywood movies. I also love that they serve Pepsi Max. Although not a Sky Team member, for comparison purposes Lufthansa was very nice, too, but I found their service a bit robotic and their portions (at least the cheese, dessert plates) a tad small. Also, the AF "Arrivals Lounge" at CDG has showers with L'Occitaine products.

Oh, and the AF amenity kits are keepers. I still take mine everywhere.
Old Aug 6, 11, 8:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM. DL Plat, AS MVP
How is Aeromexico MEX-MAD?
Old Aug 14, 11, 3:47 am

CDG is a GREAT airport
Hm. Something's not quite right with that statement in my opinion.
Old Aug 14, 11, 8:24 pm

Programs: AZ CFP (ST E+), BA Silver
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9800; it) AppleWebKit/534.1+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.246 Mobile Safari/534.1+)

Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK
Just catching up with this interesting topic. Well, based on my personal experience: I'd [reluctantly] go for AF. I haven't tried the new AZ's business class hence I can't comment on that one, however I would certainly avoid them due to their awful customer/ground service etc. I know we're talking about Sky Team airlines, however BA are by far the best airline when it comes to long haul travelling. Oh, and I flew KL a few times: the onboard experience is actually quite nice but I personally find AMS an organised mess!
BA's business class is comparable to AZ's new business class, but is by far inferior by food.

AZ's ground and customer service has vastly improved in the last 2 years. The only thing where BA remains light-years ahead is lounges and the sleeper service.
Old Aug 14, 11, 8:25 pm

Programs: AZ CFP (ST E+), BA Silver
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9800; it) AppleWebKit/534.1+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.246 Mobile Safari/534.1+)

Originally Posted by bungler
CDG is a GREAT airport
Hm. Something's not quite right with that statement in my opinion.
I think he meant LARGE airport.
Old Aug 15, 11, 11:25 pm

From the U.S. - BA F by a mile...

Search this Thread