Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > SkyTeam
Reload this Page >

Best Airline to Europe in Business class

Best Airline to Europe in Business class

Old Mar 16, 11, 7:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

That would be great if................

1. He happens to need to fly from JFK-FRA, otherwise that really would not fit a nonstop for perhaps another 1000 possible routing pairs!

2. As he posted this on the SYTEAM forum I assume he was looking at Skyteam carriers.
Old Mar 17, 11, 2:12 pm

Programs: FB, MM, QM, ES, KF & LP / HH, HGP & SPG
Originally Posted by donlind View Post
I'd recommend SQ, JFK-FRA.
+1. They use the 747's on that route if I'm not mistaken... Good business though.

Last edited by 31dany; Mar 21, 11 at 12:40 pm
Old Mar 21, 11, 12:18 pm

Programs: Emirates gold *alliance silver jet airways platinum tridentprivilege gold.
Originally Posted by 31dany View Post
+1. They use the 747's on that rouse if I'm not mistaken... Good business though.
+1 Otheriwse BA. (They have flat beds and a private space in club World; excellent lounges etc) Then LH/LX/OZ

But if the OP wants to flySkyteam then Air France is probably the best in terms of US gateways and quality of product. as long as you dont need to do connecting flights But in business class if Delta is still cheapo, its not bad for the price, point to point. KLM is about the only other acceptable. I wouldnt go near the rest of the bunch,--- unreliable product and poor inflight service,

Last edited by rathin100; Mar 23, 11 at 2:23 pm
Old Apr 9, 11, 1:55 pm

Programs: AA Gold MM, DL Gold, US MM, HH Gold, Starwood
I would take whoever has a TRUE lie flat bed. Sleep out ranks anything for me.

Cheers
Old Apr 9, 11, 2:00 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: DL DM, UA, AA, SPG Gold, Marriott, HH, Fairmont, NYSC (Passport), 24hrFitness-Super Sport
I'm glad the OP bothered to drop by to clarify
Old Apr 10, 11, 2:32 am

Programs: AZ CFP (ST E+), BA Silver
Originally Posted by donlind View Post
I'd recommend SQ, JFK-FRA.
Which, notoriously, is a Skyteam airline.

Originally Posted by rathin100 View Post
+1 Otheriwse BA. (They have flat beds and a private space in club World; excellent lounges etc) Then LH/LX/OZ
Another set of great skyteam airlines, I'm sure.

But if the OP wants to flySkyteam then Air France is probably the best in terms of US gateways and quality of product. as long as you dont need to do connecting flights But in business class if Delta is still cheapo, its not bad for the price, point to point. KLM is about the only other acceptable. I wouldnt go near the rest of the bunch,--- unreliable product and poor inflight service,
So just to better understand: you like DL and KLM quality, and would suggest to fly through CDG. That's great travel advice, indeed. I'm amazed you didn't suggest flying Iberia.

Originally Posted by X3Skier View Post
I would take whoever has a TRUE lie flat bed.
You can find that only on AZ new J or on DL new J (if it is already deployed TATL somewhere, I don't know). Which brings me back to my point. AZ J service on the new 330s is by far the best TATL J in Skyteam.
Old Apr 10, 11, 2:49 am
TBD

Programs: All The Programs
Originally Posted by raistlin View Post
In Skyteam, between the US and EU, by far the routes served by AZ new 330s (JFK-MXP; JFK-FCO; MIA-MXP).

Best food (as recently awarded; but without awards, I'm Italian, I love good food, and I'm often impressed by AZ's new offering) and flatbed seats.

Second to that, I would pick AF business; then AZ business on older aircraft. DL and KL would be my very, very last choice.
Not in a million years would I fly Alitalia cross the Atlantic. Nevermind the headaches in dealing with the "customer service" prior to departure - Rome FCO is absolutely terrible. Although ... CDG is none the better.

What about KLM? It has been a very long time since I've flown with them, but AMS isn't bad.
Old Apr 10, 11, 3:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by TBD View Post
What about KLM? It has been a very long time since I've flown with them, but AMS isn't bad.
Because, as mentioned by many, a flat seat beats all. AZ is the only one with flat seats. If you fly business class with carry on bags, as I do, then you should have zero problems with AZ. Other than possible delays which plague all these airlines.

If you are one of the few who don't care about a flat seat, then AF or KL are fine.
Old Apr 11, 11, 1:40 pm

Programs: Emirates gold *alliance silver jet airways platinum tridentprivilege gold.
[QUOTE=raistlin;16191757]Which, notoriously, is a Skyteam airline.

Another set of great skyteam airlines, I'm sure.

So just to better understand: you like DL and KLM quality, and would suggest to fly through CDG. That's great travel advice, indeed. I'm amazed you didn't suggest flying Iberia.

QUOTE]

It was not clear to me whether the OP wanted to use Skyteam or compare Skyteam services TATL with others (which is a good thing to do) So i gave both options.

I said nothing about CDG.. please read the post.

Within Skyteam said AF is the best and KLM and Delta are acceptable. Delta also has cheap J fares. The rest I would avoid, Alitalia included.

OK?
Old Apr 13, 11, 5:54 am

AMS is one of the best options in Europe. Unluckily, KLM's business class is just about the worst possible option in Skyteam.
Old Apr 13, 11, 5:56 am

Within Skyteam said AF is the best
Yeah, I know you said that. The issue is, this is blatantly not true (as they do not offer a flat bed option, something DL and AZ are offering).
Old Apr 13, 11, 10:39 am
TBD

Programs: All The Programs
Yeah, I know you said that. The issue is, this is blatantly not true (as they do not offer a flat bed option, something DL and AZ are offering).
You consistently base your evaluation of Alitalia on their flat beds. (And, for some reason, think your opinions are fact).

A flat bed may be nice and comfortable. What about connections? Schedules? What about calling customer service to change your flight? What about arriving with your baggage at the same time (and intact)? There is much more to choosing a carrier than a bed in J.

Combine all of those, and I feel Alitalia is below average. I dislike connecting in CDG, but would take Paris over Rome on any trans-Atlantic occasion.
Old Apr 13, 11, 12:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
You consistently base your evaluation of Alitalia on their flat beds. (And, for some reason, think your opinions are fact).

A flat bed may be nice and comfortable. What about connections? Schedules? What about calling customer service to change your flight? What about arriving with your baggage at the same time (and intact)? There is much more to choosing a carrier than a bed in J.
I think to many, the ability to sleep counts for way more than those other things. Plus most business travelers do not check bags, so no worry there. And I haven't had any connection problems with AZ, at least not any more than with AF or KL.
Old Apr 13, 11, 12:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Personally I have had connection problems almost everytime I have transitted through FCO or MXP. I have had my fair share through CDG, but AMS is normally pretty decent.
Old Apr 13, 11, 12:28 pm

Thats all very well we can have different opinions but your attempts at sarcasm (in the post I quote ) would be enhanced considerably if you bothered to read posts you comment on.

Last edited by rathin100; Apr 13, 11 at 12:33 pm

Search this Thread