FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   SkyTeam (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/skyteam-412/)
-   -   Air Europa - any thoughts? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/skyteam/1180904-air-europa-any-thoughts.html)

jeremysroberts Feb 6, 2011 2:46 am

Air Europa - any thoughts?

Going for the first time on UX - the previously hellish route LHR-MAD-JFK - saved about £300 over direct though.
Does anyone have experience on UX?
Is the service as bad as SkyTrax reviews say :confused:?

MarLim Feb 6, 2011 6:45 am

I've flown UX last November PAR-MAD-LIM. A part from being late TATL, service was ok, plane was modern (Airbus), I can't talk about the B767 to JFK. Ground service in LIM was recognizing ST status, agents were friendly. Intra-Europe you'll get a meal voucher when connecting from TATL, otherwise you have to pay for the food. Baggage arrived w/o incident. All in all nothing spectacular, but solid service. I'd definitively take them again if the price is right. Just keep in mind not all fare classes accrue miles on DL.

MSPeconomist Feb 8, 2011 3:20 am

I've had good experiences with Air Europe short haul flights within Europe. The customer service was fine and they had nice new and clean aircraft. I think they're better than many alternatives, although I've never experienced their longer flights.

The Town Feb 24, 2011 3:26 pm

I will never fly Air Europa again...... not that I even got to fly them at all.......!

I got to JFK on Sunday night to fly JFK-MAD-CDG. in biz class Check in monitor said Air Europa flight CANCELLED (thanks for the heads up AE!), so I went looking for a Ticket/ Customer Service desk in T4 to make alternative plans. Nothing or nobody to be found. I called my corporate travel agent who said that AE had rebooked me on the same flight the following day. This was not an option as I would miss my meetings. Fortunately DL had a late flight to LHR, my final destination) so I had to stump up the $950 for a last minute one way fare in coach (biz was $5k+).

My travel agent then spent the next two days trying to get through to AE in order to protect my return leg. After repeated phone and e-mail messages, AE did not respond so it was another DL one-way flight back in coach for $1,400.

Net, net, these jokers gave me no forewarning that they were cancelling the flight, had no airport support for stranded passengers, did not return repeated requests for information or refund, and have $3k of my company's money.

If this was a fly by night European low cost carrier I would just kick myself for trusting them...... but they are a SKYTEAM member. Where are the standards?.

Like I said, stay away, spend your money with an airline that is interested in getting you to/ from your destination and who ultimately have pride in their level of service.