Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > SkyTeam
Reload this Page >

What SkyTeam lounge can I use at Beijing (PEK)?

What SkyTeam lounge can I use at Beijing (PEK)?

Old Dec 22, 10, 1:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Rewards Silver Elite, AA Lifetime Plat 4.5M, DL Medallion Lifetime Silver, DL MillionMiler
Question What SkyTeam lounge can I use at Beijing (PEK)?

Going SEA-PEK-SEA in February on DL. Looking at the Beijing Capital Airport web site, I don't see a lounge that I'd be able to use before departure home on Feb 28? Can't find one on delta.com either. I've checked most of the partners for SkyTeam but no lounges displayed. Can anyone who has been there recently tell me where I can find a usable lounge for someone flying on an award business class ticket? I may have a lot of time to kill. Thanks.
Old Dec 22, 10, 1:32 pm
Moderator, Delta & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
The lounge guide shows two locations.
Old Dec 22, 10, 1:39 pm

Programs: DL DM/2.5MM, 20 Years Top Tier on DL, UA 1K, AC E75k, MR/SPG Lifetime Platinum
PEK is weird from a lounge point of view. I was there last month with Ms. TFD. She was on a paid J ticket on DL and I was in paid J on KE. If you are a J passenger, DL/KE have an agreement with a random contract lounge there. I forget exactly what it is called - Something like "Beijing Airport Lounge Services" - But, it sucks.

Even though the Air China lounge has a "Skyteam" logo, they don't let you in there on a Skyteam J ticket. If you are a SkyClub member, you can get into the Air China lounge.

When I was there with Ms TFD, I tried everything so we could go into the Air China lounge together and they kept saying no until I found my DM card.

The Air China lounge bar sucks - All no-name liquors. But, the food is pretty good - A wide selection of Dim Sum and, of course, congee!

TFD
Old Dec 22, 10, 3:44 pm

Programs: DL:360/DM/5.7 MMer; MR: Lifetime Platinum Premiere 9.9M pts, 3100 night;
The lounge is across from gate 11. It is dirty, worn down and basically a hole in the wall. The food is nasty and usually overcooked from spending too much time on the steam (even at 7 AM!!).

Don't bother.
Old Dec 22, 10, 4:28 pm
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: Delta 2M DM
Originally Posted by DL-Don View Post
The lounge is across from gate 11. It is dirty, worn down and basically a hole in the wall. The food is nasty and usually overcooked from spending too much time on the steam (even at 7 AM!!).

Don't bother.
The BGS lounge indeed is near gate 11. When I was there a few months ago, the lounge was clean and the food was certainly acceptable; the choice of food was rather extensive (certainly in comparison to what US Delta lounges offer), and the quality was not different from that in the China Southern lounges that I visited during the same trip. So, my experience is quite different from that of DL-Don. My suggestion is to go and see for yourself.

Last edited by PHXflier; Dec 22, 10 at 4:29 pm Reason: correction
Old Dec 22, 10, 6:17 pm

Programs: DL PM, HHonors Silver
The BGS Lounge is fairly clean and has a decent food selection at least early in the am. The Air China lounge isn't open yet when the flights for NRT Leave, I fly out of BDL and prefer the 777 for crossing rather than flying to SEA. SO I've never been in there
Old Dec 22, 10, 8:07 pm

Programs: DL:360/DM/5.7 MMer; MR: Lifetime Platinum Premiere 9.9M pts, 3100 night;
Originally Posted by PHXflier View Post
So, my experience is quite different from that of DL-Don. My suggestion is to go and see for yourself.
My experience there was the first week of November but I've been there many times before and it has never been anything but tired and run down.
Old Dec 23, 10, 1:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Rewards Silver Elite, AA Lifetime Plat 4.5M, DL Medallion Lifetime Silver, DL MillionMiler
Well, the overall picture I'm getting is that the lounge situation for SkyTeam flyers is pretty bleak. I just noticed that China Southern is a SkyTeam participant. I'd assume they have a club at PEK. Wouldn't I have access to this lounge (assuming there is one at PEK)? And thank for your feedback thus far.
Old Dec 24, 10, 10:54 am
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: Delta 2M DM
Originally Posted by maltasr View Post
Well, the overall picture I'm getting is that the lounge situation for SkyTeam flyers is pretty bleak. I just noticed that China Southern is a SkyTeam participant. I'd assume they have a club at PEK. Wouldn't I have access to this lounge (assuming there is one at PEK)? And thank for your feedback thus far.
China Southern has a lounge at PEK as well (same terminal), but I was able to access it only when I was flying China Southern. It is not better than the BGS lounge anyway.
Old Apr 14, 14, 11:07 am

Programs: DL PM
Hi, sorry for bumping an old thread but wanted to confirm something after the changes were made effected May 1, 2014.

As a PM, I will not have access to either of the 2 lounges in PEK, correct? I searched on the Delta website and there are 2 lounges, one by Air China and one by BGS Premier Lounge.
Old Apr 14, 14, 1:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WWF, Appalachian Mountain Club
Originally Posted by jooce View Post
Hi, sorry for bumping an old thread but wanted to confirm something after the changes were made effected May 1, 2014.

As a PM, I will not have access to either of the 2 lounges in PEK, correct? I searched on the Delta website and there are 2 lounges, one by Air China and one by BGS Premier Lounge.
Yep, PEK lounge access will go away for STE+ people. Boo!
Old Apr 14, 14, 1:42 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC

That's my understanding. That said, SkyTeam announced they were planning to open a SkyTeam lounge, a la LHR and IST, at PEK in 2014, so I'm hoping that happens soon. I arrive/depart PEK in July. Report back your experience!
Old Apr 14, 14, 3:51 pm

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by jrkmsp View Post
That's my understanding. That said, SkyTeam announced they were planning to open a SkyTeam lounge, a la LHR and IST, at PEK in 2014, so I'm hoping that happens soon. I arrive/depart PEK in July. Report back your experience!
Sniff, okay will report back. I'm going soon so I doubt the new one will be ready by then sadly.
Old Apr 14, 14, 8:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Sniff, okay will report back. I'm going soon so I doubt the new one will be ready by then sadly.
There's nothing to be sad about because even the new lounge will surely underwhelm. I suggest you do as I do and get to the airport at T-70 in order to keep your time there to a minimum.