Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Help Needed

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2010, 8:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT, DL, QF, CO, Married (does that count as a program?)
Help Needed

Looking to make a multi-segment booking with ST partners. MSP-CDG-BOD-FCO-VCE-MSP.

DL isn't showing much and redemption seems high. Flying Blue site only let's me search award availability two segments at a time.

Anyone know of any tips to make this a little less painful to plan out and book as well as less of a hit in the mileage bank?

Thanks.
Old Dec 18, 2010, 6:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
What are the stopover and destination cities?

All Delta partner airline awards will be low mileage, or not available. The key, then, is making sure the Delta operated/coded segments are in the low award band, too.
Old Dec 19, 2010, 1:30 pm

Programs: DL 2MM PM;VSGld;EKGld; HilDia; HrtzPC; AvisPC; PP; AmbPlt; JumeiGld; MeliaPlt; TajPlt; ShangriDia
In general, when I book award tickets on other carriers using DL Sky Miles, I find it actually easier to call and agent and book directly over the phone. Other way to do it is to search exclusively the DL operated flight segments for the lowest mileage availability. Then go to expertflyer.com and search for the low AF award fare class on the purely AF routes. Then try to have a phone agent link all the segments on the days you wish to try. I'm less experienced with the DL award web site since the NW merger, but I'd be surprised if the site came through with low award levels on that many segments. If you are not medallion, it may still be worth capitulating and paying the agent ticketing fee to have that itinerary done over the phone if you can net the lowest mileage levels.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.