Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Which lounge in Hong Kong?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2010, 1:38 pm
Original Poster

Which lounge in Hong Kong?

I am a Platinum member and have several hours to kill while making a connection in HKG to an AF flight. Which Skyteam lounge in HKG offers the best combination of space/amenities & food/wine?
Old Dec 3, 2010, 10:21 pm

Programs: CX SL, AB Gold, AF/KL FB Silver, HU/HX Silver, SPG Gold
The SkyTeam-operated lounges in HKG are:

Korean Air Lounge (gate 15)
Air France Lounge (gate 60)

Not sure about them quality-wise.

http://www.hongkongairport.com/eng/f...e-lounges.html
Old Dec 5, 2010, 6:46 am

Programs: ITA Executive for life; AZ CFP "per sempre" (ST E+); LH SEN; BA Bronze
Originally Posted by toyotaboy95
The SkyTeam-operated lounges in HKG are:

Korean Air Lounge (gate 15)
Air France Lounge (gate 60)

Not sure about them quality-wise.

http://www.hongkongairport.com/eng/f...e-lounges.html
KE lounge was not bad when I passed through, but I didn't compare it with AF.
Old Dec 5, 2010, 1:07 pm

Programs: FB Platinum
Never tried the KE lounge but used the AF one many times:

Nice and quiet with an airey feel to it. Can get quite busy if more than one flight is leaving (KL and AF flights both leave late evening)

Decent drinks selection, the staff work hard to maintain standards and keep the champagne flowing.
Food is very good. Good qualitiy hors douvres and at least 2-3 hot main courses. Much better than CDG for example.
Wifi, showers, newspapers, computers

nickyboy
Old Oct 19, 2011, 11:23 pm

Has anybody been successful in accessing The Wing (Cathay Pacific) in HKG as a Skyteam Elite Plus? CX is part of One World so I'm not sure why it's showing up as a Skyteam lounge on its website (http://www.skyteam.com/en/your-trip/...ional-Airport/). Is it because Vietnam Air uses CX lounges because it doesn't have its own lounge in HKG, and therefore Skyteam members are able to access it via VN's relationship with CX lounges?

If one can access The Wing, is it then possible to access The Pier, The Cabin, etc., other lounges owned and operated by CX?

I'm confused - if the Skyteam partner airline's lounge is owned/operated by someone else, can Elite Plus member still access that lounge? For example - flying Air France ex-HKG but instead of using AF's lounge, I go to VN's lounge instead (owned/operated by CX)?
Old Oct 20, 2011, 3:17 am

Programs: UA 1K, MR Titanium, IHG Gold, National Exec
Originally Posted by domirule
If one can access The Wing, is it then possible to access The Pier, The Cabin, etc., other lounges owned and operated by CX?
I've seen people ask this question a few times, but I think it is just an unclear listing in the SkyTeam website. Nowhere on the HKG airport website does it say anything about ST elites using the CX Wing. In any case, the C portion of the Wing is being renovated right now so us SL/GO/Sapphire CX'ites are using the Cabin instead right now.
Old Oct 20, 2011, 7:47 am

Programs: AA-EXP (1.7MM), BA-Slvr, HH-Diamond
Wink

Originally Posted by domirule
Has anybody been successful in accessing The Wing (Cathay Pacific) in HKG as a Skyteam Elite Plus? CX is part of One World so I'm not sure why it's showing up as a Skyteam lounge on its website (http://www.skyteam.com/en/your-trip/...ional-Airport/). Is it because Vietnam Air uses CX lounges because it doesn't have its own lounge in HKG, and therefore Skyteam members are able to access it via VN's relationship with CX lounges?
Lets clear it up a little. Just being Skyteam elite isn't enough to get you into any of the CX lounges. According to VN's website, the only way a ST member can get in is if they are traveling on a VN flight in J, or if they are VN Gold/Platinum.

Business lounge

Last thing I want to see is a bunch of ST pax crowding up the Wing
Old Oct 21, 2011, 1:42 am

Programs: UA1k3.00mm;AAex-EXP;Hy Glob;Acc Plt;HH Dia;Onyx Plt;Mar LT Tit;IHG DiAm;RR P;RRA G;BW D;Hcom G
Do you know if we can pay to get in? Thanks.
Old Oct 21, 2011, 3:13 am

Originally Posted by kevino
No you cant. You have to be OW elite or flying a OW airline in F/J.
Old Oct 21, 2011, 5:02 am

Originally Posted by Santander
I've seen people ask this question a few times, but I think it is just an unclear listing in the SkyTeam website. Nowhere on the HKG airport website does it say anything about ST elites using the CX Wing. In any case, the C portion of the Wing is being renovated right now so us SL/GO/Sapphire CX'ites are using the Cabin instead right now.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/17292440-post5.html
VN's official contract lounge in HKG is The Wing, in which an invitation would be issued at check-in, for premium passengers (Business Class, partner SkyTeam Elite+ and their own elites) - pretty standard policy across most alliance members in terms of access to contract lounges.

Originally Posted by kevino
No way. CX, unlike many of its European/American counterparts, would never devaluate their premium product like that.
Old Oct 21, 2011, 10:18 am

VN's official contract lounge in HKG is The Wing, in which an invitation would be issued at check-in, for premium passengers (Business Class, partner SkyTeam Elite+ and their own elites)...
I read VN's wording as that only VIP(?), J/F, and GL elites will receive access to business lounges at all VN stations, including the Wing. Skyteam elites will will only be offered lounge access at HAN and SGN unless flying in J or F.

I suspect that this is due to the high number of contracted lounges operated by CA, JL, QF, MH, and others.

Vietnam Airlines offer Business lounge services to VIP, Business Class passengers, Golden Lotus Plus Platinum membes, Gold members of Vietnam Airlines at all stations we are flying to. The First Class passengers, Business Class passengers and Skyteam Elite Plus Card members of Skyteam member airlines will be offered this service in Noi Bai and Tan Sơn Nhat Airport.
...pretty standard policy across most alliance members in terms of access to contract lounges.
The rules for contracted lounges don't always follow the same rules as airline operated lounges. I've seen plenty of posts on FT where an elite is not allowed access due to differing entry requirements.
Old Nov 2, 2011, 8:56 am

Programs: Delta DM and 2 MM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
We will be departing HKG early morning Nov 28th. Per the airport Website, the AF and KE lounges do not open till 7:30 AM. Per the Delta Website, the Quantas lounge opens at 5 AM and is allegedly available to ST Elite Plus. Has anyone used this lounge recently?
Old Nov 3, 2011, 4:02 am

Originally Posted by Uncle Lars
We will be departing HKG early morning Nov 28th. Per the airport Website, the AF and KE lounges do not open till 7:30 AM. Per the Delta Website, the Quantas lounge opens at 5 AM and is allegedly available to ST Elite Plus. Has anyone used this lounge recently?
QF lounge is very nice, search around here for more details. A lounge pass will be given at check-in only if flying DL (as the official contract lounge), not other SkyTeam members.
Old Mar 25, 2014, 1:57 am

Any update as to which one is better?
Old Mar 25, 2014, 11:32 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Dynasty Frequent Flyer (Elite Plus),Accor Platinum
re update

Originally Posted by ual744777sta
Any update as to which one is better?
There are 3 lounges in the ST alliance.

KE-Korean
CI- China airlines
AF- Air France

I consider the Air France the best for food.Just its only open after 4pm.
Then i would opt for CI as at least you can bet they will be open between 6am-11pm. KE is ok too but it opens and closes through the day depending when they have flights going out.

Both have similar food options.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.