Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > SkyTeam
Reload this Page >

Garuda Indonesia to join SkyTeam

Garuda Indonesia to join SkyTeam

Old Nov 24, 10, 2:01 pm

Programs: Delta KM, United 1K, SPG plat
Originally Posted by PakThomas View Post
We've flown Garuda many, many times, both domestically and internationally. It wasn't bad at all, and I understand they've improved significantly over the last couple of years.
benar pasti! Dan mereka sangat cantik ya pak?
Old Nov 24, 10, 3:43 pm

Programs: AZ CFP (ST E+), BA Silver
Originally Posted by DaddyRabbit View Post
Second that. I have used MH several times in the past decade, mostly between SIN and KUL and found it very solid. Hope they will join SkyTeam.
"Very solid"? I would say, by far one of the best Y products I've ever flown!
Old Nov 24, 10, 4:08 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by DaddyRabbit View Post
You must be kidding. Only a few years ago the EU banned this carrier from flying to any European airport because of safety issues. Like many in the developing world, there was no culture of safety.

SkyTeam will be the laughing stock.
Originally Posted by andrewpartyman View Post
I was just about to say, didn't the EU ban flights from Garuda until relatively recently (i.e. 2009) because of completely inadequate safety standards? Also, I think some countries still ban flights from them separate from the EU (or at least ban most of their fleet). Awesome, SkyTeam just keeps getting better. Race to the bottom. I was so worried that my upcoming flight from East Timor to Papua New Guinea wouldn't get MQMs.
Originally Posted by s1c3r1a1b3b3l1e1 View Post
As I recall, NW ended their partnership with Garuda several years ago due to these safety issues.
This is what I remember about Garuda. I do not have a positive impression and some of the comments in this thread that they're now not quite as bad as they used to be are not reassuring to me.

The partnership between SQ and DL is dissolved and now ScareTeam adds GA when we already have SU. I understand there's a North Korean carrier not yet in any alliance....
Old Nov 24, 10, 4:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
I don't have a technical understanding of Garuda's alleged safety failures, but how often do people here talk about the suspension of codeshares by Delta and AF with Korean in 1999 over safety issues? At some point, continued safe operation shows the problems are in the past.
Old Jun 10, 20, 1:48 pm

Does anyone know if they charge yq on aur france flights?
also do they allow stops on one way awards and can you mix skyteam partners?
Old Jun 16, 20, 4:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by masterdave1 View Post
Does anyone know if they charge yq on aur france flights?
also do they allow stops on one way awards and can you mix skyteam partners?
Questions about Garuda best asked in https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/othe...-airlines-470/
Old Jun 16, 20, 6:44 pm

Originally Posted by Mwenenzi View Post
Questions about Garuda best asked in
should i start a new thread or there's an existing one that discusses garuda awards?
Old Jun 23, 20, 6:15 am

Programs: Gold: Flying blue / Silver: Club Accor
Originally Posted by masterdave1 View Post
should i start a new thread or there's an existing one that discusses garuda awards?
new thread , as it is a separate topic , in this part of the forum dedicated for Other Asian, Australian, and South Pacific Airlines

Search this Thread
Search Engine: