Reload this Page >

China Airlines to Join SkyTeam

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

China Airlines to Join SkyTeam

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2010, 10:25 pm

Programs: DL PM/1MM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime), National Emerald Executive
Originally Posted by tkey75
Well, except for those daily flights to SYD.
Yes, but HNL-LAX-SYD 20 hours is not very appealing, for what should be a 10 hour flight.

DL should have run that flight from HNL, from where logical connections to every major US city and it breaks up the flights, plus it provides the international service (that costs it more) for shorter duration.

But anyway, I don't mean to take this off topic..
Old Sep 12, 2010, 7:48 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, one-time United Plat, Amex Plat, Marriott Plat, Hertz Prez Circle, Bus Pass
Originally Posted by DaddyRabbit
What great news. I have used them a few times in economy from LAX to TPE and KUL and think the service, food, and AVODs are first-rate.
only on the A340. The 747s don't have AVOD. That was a long slog from TPE to SFO...
Old Sep 14, 2010, 8:54 am

Programs: Delta-PM Continental-PM
Originally Posted by koreanair720
only on the A340. The 747s don't have AVOD. That was a long slog from TPE to SFO...
I assume that first class award travel would still be taboo?? although I am uncertain as to why? since delta's new bizelite offerings are in line with other carriers first class offerings (seat wise at least)
Old Sep 14, 2010, 9:16 am

The CI 747s have had AVOD every time I've flown them. Never done the SFO run, though.
Old Sep 14, 2010, 9:50 am

Programs: CX DM, DL DM, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by FLLDL
The CI 747s have had AVOD every time I've flown them. Never done the SFO run, though.
Two daily LAX flights are primarily operated by four 744s (F12/C49/Y314) equipped with AVOD. SFO flight uses other 744s (F14/C64/Y319) and PTV without AVOD only available in F/C.

340s/330s are equiped AVOD in both C and Y.
Old Sep 14, 2010, 10:01 am

Programs: NW, UA
why don't they just sign up all airlines of asia (red russia included) with marginal safety records. isn't garuda available for an alliance?
Old Sep 14, 2010, 10:38 am

Programs: Delta Plat, one-time United Plat, Amex Plat, Marriott Plat, Hertz Prez Circle, Bus Pass
Originally Posted by worldexpress
why don't they just sign up all airlines of asia (red russia included) with marginal safety records. isn't garuda available for an alliance?
SkyScream Alliance?
Old Sep 14, 2010, 10:39 am

Originally Posted by mckerrow
Two daily LAX flights are primarily operated by four 744s (F12/C49/Y314) equipped with AVOD. SFO flight uses other 744s (F14/C64/Y319) and PTV without AVOD only available in F/C.

340s/330s are equiped AVOD in both C and Y.
Ah, thanks for the info. Will they be retrofitting the remaining 744s?

I took their SEA flight back when it was still in operation - it was on the A340. Had a really bad departure time - something like 1:00 AM.
Old Sep 14, 2010, 11:14 am

Programs: UA Silver, AA, WN, DL
I hope this thread doesn't devolve into safety record issues of CI, etc. and whether the airline should be part of ST or not directly from that issue. That's been discussed plenty here and elsewhere. I'd much rather focus on the ability to earn/redeem DL Skymiles and/or whether the soft/hard product vs. DL and other ST members.
Old Sep 14, 2010, 12:03 pm

Programs: DL MM/DM, AA Plat, Hertz Pres Circle, SPG Plat, Priority Plat, Sky Club, Admirals Club
I gotta say that the SFO-TPE route was a disaster in biz.

Horrible check-in, chaotic boarding, no AVOD, three across seating, limited seat pitch, no in-seat power, very very dirty plane. To date only Air India has managed to make me feel worse about a flight.

I've been purposely booking that route through ICN just to avoid CI. I'll take the extra 8 hours of plane time over the CI offering anyday.

Just my $0.02

OPos.
Old Sep 14, 2010, 12:07 pm

Originally Posted by Opositive
I gotta say that the SFO-TPE route was a disaster in biz.

Horrible check-in, chaotic boarding, no AVOD, three across seating, limited seat pitch, no in-seat power, very very dirty plane. To date only Air India has managed to make me feel worse about a flight.

I've been purposely booking that route through ICN just to avoid CI. I'll take the extra 8 hours of plane time over the CI offering anyday.

Just my $0.02

OPos.
Hey -- at least those birds look great from the outside:

But, I agree, their service leaves much to be desired. Surely they'll be retrofitting their third-world Jumbos?
Old Sep 14, 2010, 12:09 pm

Programs: DL DM MM, BIS 2.4MM, EK Gold, SQ Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold,
Safety records aside; DL skymiles members might finally be able to redeem for an international First Class cabin once more!
Old Sep 14, 2010, 12:38 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA, WN, DL
Having flown in both Y and C, I can say their soft product is fairly decent. I wouldn't rank it up there with SQ or CX but it's not bad.

The Y seats are average for what it is (sardine can as with every airline). Their C seats were not as comfortable; given that they were not lie-flat and others have mentioned the angle is not comfortable. I haven't flown in their outdated C product, just their current version.

I've seen the rest of their service, i.e. check-in, to be a mixed bag. Sometimes very efficient, and other times just one step short of chaos.

For third world jumbos... check out China Southern or Air China... flying in those 747 Combi's.
Old Sep 14, 2010, 1:02 pm

Programs: IHG platinum, Hilton diamond, Hyatt platinum, Marriott gold
Anyone know how to redeem their award tickets using skymile points?
Old Sep 14, 2010, 1:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
It's official from China Airlines will joining into Skyteam in mid-2011

Hi All,

And now, it is real official news releases from Skyteam and CI will expected to joining into Skyteam Alliance sometimes in mid-2011 and it will signed the contract deals. It will became full membership for China Airlines. I can't wait to see it. I am looking forward to it. SO here the news releases from CI:

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Delta-....html?x=0&.v=1

Regards

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.