Wiki Posts
Search

SkyTeam toiletry kits

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2010, 2:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL, National, Marriott, Hilton
SkyTeam toiletry kits

My mom has gotten several of these before when flying DL. Where are they given out?

Old Jul 14, 2010, 4:06 pm

Programs: A number, but no status no more
Hi,

I would say it's the distressed passenger kit for those times when DL misplaces your luggage.

Cheers,

GenevaFlyer
Old Jul 14, 2010, 4:20 pm
ixs

Programs: Many
Look in the little card accompanying the kit:

We regret that your baggage was not available on arrival. You may rest assured that we are doing everything possible to return it to you. We apologize for this inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.
That should be a good hint what it is: The SkyTeam welcome kit for the involuntary light traveller whose luggage is arriving a few days later...

I still have a few around, excellent stuff to hand over to surprise guests who are staying a night or so and want to freshen up. I should probably take out the T-shirts and just wear them to the office. Everyone there is already making fun of the amount of flying I'm doing. :-)

Ohh, and to answer your question about where they are given out: Baggage claim area, specifically the ground handler desk when complaining about lost or delayed luggage.
Old Jul 14, 2010, 10:25 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by GenevaFlyer
Hi,

I would say it's the distressed passenger kit for those times when DL misplaces your luggage.

Cheers,

GenevaFlyer
Originally Posted by ixs
Look in the little card accompanying the kit:

That should be a good hint what it is: The SkyTeam welcome kit for the involuntary light traveller whose luggage is arriving a few days later...

I still have a few around, excellent stuff to hand over to surprise guests who are staying a night or so and want to freshen up. I should probably take out the T-shirts and just wear them to the office. Everyone there is already making fun of the amount of flying I'm doing. :-)

Ohh, and to answer your question about where they are given out: Baggage claim area, specifically the ground handler desk when complaining about lost or delayed luggage.
I know that they are for passengers with lost/delayed baggage, but I know that when my mom doesn't check bags anymore - just does carryon. She was in FC also and going through ATL...any idea about that?
Old Jul 15, 2010, 2:27 am
ixs

Originally Posted by N639DL
I know that they are for passengers with lost/delayed baggage, but I know that when my mom doesn't check bags anymore - just does carryon. She was in FC also and going through ATL...any idea about that?
Maybe she's an avid collector of these kits and was just asking if they could hand one out. It happens.
A possible alternative, though unlikely, might have been that the kits were available to people using the showers in one of the lounges. Unlikely though as the shower kit is usually less feudal. Soap and shampoo, shaver, comb, toothbrush and that's about it.
Old Jul 15, 2010, 8:52 am

Hi,

How about just asking your mom? Sounds like the easiest approach to me.

Cheers,

GenevaFlyer
Old Jul 15, 2010, 8:55 am
In Memoriam

Maybe the FA gave it to her as cover for the reason she did not "make it home"
Old Jul 15, 2010, 10:05 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ixs
Maybe she's an avid collector of these kits and was just asking if they could hand one out. It happens.
A possible alternative, though unlikely, might have been that the kits were available to people using the showers in one of the lounges. Unlikely though as the shower kit is usually less feudal. Soap and shampoo, shaver, comb, toothbrush and that's about it.
Maybe, I remember one of her flights got delayed in ATL for 3 hours because the plane was in HOU.

Hi,

How about just asking your mom? Sounds like the easiest approach to me.

Cheers,

GenevaFlyer
I could do that, but she probably doesnt remember 6 months back.

Originally Posted by underpressure
Maybe the FA gave it to her as cover for the reason she did not "make it home"
Oh, please...save you and I the time.
Old Jul 15, 2010, 10:42 am
ixs

I could do that, but she probably doesnt remember 6 months back..
Uhh? 'scuse me?
You know, they don't just hand these kits out during checkin or so.

I would be really surprised if you mother can't remember where she got the bag, especially if it has only been 6 months. Humans have a thong called memory to recall things.

Just ask, you might be surprised. And she surely knows the real answer. We however can only guess.

/thread
Old Jul 15, 2010, 7:44 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA ExecPlat
I got one once when using the shower facilities in the AF lounge in CDG.
Old Jul 16, 2010, 12:41 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ixs
Uhh? 'scuse me?
You know, they don't just hand these kits out during checkin or so.

I would be really surprised if you mother can't remember where she got the bag, especially if it has only been 6 months. Humans have a thong called memory to recall things.

Just ask, you might be surprised. And she surely knows the real answer. We however can only guess.

/thread
Now that I think about it, I remember she got FC-upgraded on all 4 flights...

Originally Posted by dyung
I got one once when using the shower facilities in the AF lounge in CDG.
My mom got one several years ago when connecting on AF in CDG.
Old Jul 17, 2010, 7:06 am

Now that I think about it, I remember she got FC-upgraded on all 4 flights...

My mom got one several years ago when connecting on AF in CDG.
So she remembers something from years ago, but not where she got something 6 months ago?

I think you really should just talk to your mom.

Cheers,

GenevaFlyer
Old Jul 17, 2010, 7:38 am

Programs: CX SL, AB Gold, AF/KL FB Silver, HU/HX Silver, SPG Gold
I got one of those kits at the Air France-KLM Baggage Services Office at CDG when SU delayed my baggage (flying HKG-SVO-CDG, the bag was stuck in SVO) - February 2010. My kit contained the same items but there is one difference, I didn't get Colgate toothpaste but instead got a tube of non-branded cheap Chinese ("Japanese-designed") toothpaste.
Old Jul 17, 2010, 11:41 pm
Original Poster

So she remembers something from years ago, but not where she got something 6 months ago?

I think you really should just talk to your mom.

Cheers,

GenevaFlyer
I actually did ask her right after she gave it to me, and all she said was "I got it in ATL."
Old Jul 18, 2010, 5:44 am

Programs: M&M
Is your mom a delta employee? or was she?
or a Delta share holder?
Sorry for multiple questions.
I actually did ask her right after she gave it to me, and all she said was "I got it in ATL."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.