Wiki Posts
Search

SkyTeam Reward Searches

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2010, 4:11 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

SkyTeam Reward Searches

Gotta love when the new guys show up and don't realize that the others at the party are so closed in terms of sharing information. Vietnam Airlines has a PDF on their website that lists all the reward booking classes for all the airlines in SkyTeam.
Code:
Carrier First class Business class Economy class
1 Vietnam Airlines (VN) - J U
2 Air France (AF) - O X
3 Royal Dutch Airlines (KL) - D W
4 Alitalia (AZ) - Z U
5 Delta Airlines (DL) R O N
6 Aeromexico (AM) - C U
7 Aeroflot (SU) - O X
8 Czech Airlines (OK) - Z E
9 Korean Air - D U
10 China Southern Airlines P I O
11 Kenya Airways (KQ) - D W
12 Tarom (RO) - Z X
13 Air Europa (UX) - Z A
They even have Tarom in there and RO doesn't join for a couple weeks yet.

Leveraging this list I've started putting together search tools for reward inventory. Some are easier than others - and I'm starting with the easy ones - but it is better than nothing. So far I have OK, CZ and VN available. VN seems wide open from what I'm seeing in many searches.

Check out the tool at http://bit.ly/AirRewards and let me know if you run into trouble at any point. It does require registration but it is completely free to use.
Old Jun 12, 2010, 2:25 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Awesome! Also im stunned that VA opens up that much...could be really useful!

May I ask where you get the data for your searches? As far as I know OK inventory used to only be available through their callcenter
Old Jun 12, 2010, 5:24 am
Original Poster

Yeah...VN is really wide open. I was shocked. I even called in to DL to confirm that flights I was seeing as open were bookable with SkyPesoes as I couldn't believe it. They were.

The source for the data is either WorldSpan, Apollo or Galileo, depending on the airline in question. It scrapes from sites that are publicly accessible and filters for just the specific fare classes and carrier being searched. If you were to use the main Tools section of that same site and the Multi-Bucket Inventory (Worldspan) or Single-Bucket Inventory (Galileo) queries and specify carrier and class you'd get roughly the same.

I added KQ last night as well. UX is next.
Old Jun 12, 2010, 1:12 pm
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Very interesting! Let me know if I can be of any help implementing plugin(s) to scrape more sites. Perhaps AFKL could be added, although I have heard that they do not like people hitting their sites in an automated manner.
Old Jun 17, 2010, 3:56 am

Programs: SU/DL/US/MR
Good luck trying to find availability on SU.... searching/booking a rewards tix on the net is near impossible.
Old Jun 17, 2010, 4:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Originally Posted by jredknapp11
Good luck trying to find availability on SU.... searching/booking a rewards tix on the net is near impossible.
Back when you used to be able to search for SU on the NWA website, availability was a plenty... has that changed?

I have 4 business class flights booked on SU with NW miles coming up in the next couple months.
Old Jun 17, 2010, 6:57 am

Originally Posted by rankourabu
Back when you used to be able to search for SU on the NWA website, availability was a plenty... has that changed?

I have 4 business class flights booked on SU with NW miles coming up in the next couple months.
LAX outbound is usually the toughest for business/1st .. then JFK, then DC. The overall experience front or back of the plane won't let you down, but you say you're sorted out already so no worries. After your 2nd flight you should be silver and your 4th flight should get you pretty close to Gold.
Old Jun 17, 2010, 7:19 am
Original Poster

After your 2nd flight you should be silver and your 4th flight should get you pretty close to Gold.
Not on reward travel. @:-)
Old Jun 17, 2010, 12:34 pm

Originally Posted by sbm12
Not on reward travel. @:-)
totally passed over the "with NW miles" , I thought his 4 trips were purchased tix, with other flights coming afterwards... my bad
Old Jun 17, 2010, 4:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
totally passed over the "with NW miles" , I thought his 4 trips were purchased tix, with other flights coming afterwards... my bad
yup all with miles
its LAX-SVO-LHR/CDG-EVN,DEL-SVO-NRT-LAX, combo of SU/AF and last leg DL.

all booked online.... which of course is no longer possible.
I wish there was a way of looking for SU space

btw, Czech space is easy to find using the old public tool, just look for Z/E space

Also shows
RO X space
VN J space
CZ P O space
Old Jun 18, 2010, 12:07 am

Programs: AA, UA
Thank you sbm12!

Thank you sbm12! There should be a big sticky with all the award search tools for all three alliances.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.