Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > SkyTeam
Reload this Page >

Any way to check for KE award availability online?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2010, 3:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA 1M

Whats the equivalent of ANA in ST?
Old May 13, 2010, 7:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

There isn't one.

NWA.com used to show most KE inventory but DL killed that.
Old May 17, 2010, 12:44 am

Programs: UA Silver
Write to ExpertFlyer and tell them you want to see KE's award availability (other than first class, of course)

I once did it, and got a reply saying "We'd love to do so however it is not up to us, KE has to make the inventory available for us to see which they don't.". I don't believe it, because (1) EF shows KE's availability in F. I can't think of a reason KE releases F award availability but not J or Y. (2) NWA.com used to show KE awards, so there should be a way to do that.
Old May 17, 2010, 6:22 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by blug
I once did it, and got a reply saying "We'd love to do so however it is not up to us, KE has to make the inventory available for us to see which they don't.". I don't believe it, because (1) EF shows KE's availability in F. I can't think of a reason KE releases F award availability but not J or Y. (2) NWA.com used to show KE awards, so there should be a way to do that.
If EF could show it why wouldn't they?

EF has access to a number of GDSes where inventory is published by the airlines but the KE F inventory isn't among what they have access to. Similarly, NW and KE used to privately exchange that data and NW was willing to publish it on their website. EF cannot simply wave a magic wand and cause the results to show up.
Old May 17, 2010, 1:22 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by blug
I don't believe it, because (1) EF shows KE's availability in F. I can't think of a reason KE releases F award availability but not J or Y. (2) NWA.com used to show KE awards, so there should be a way to do that.
Originally Posted by sbm12
If EF could show it why wouldn't they?

EF has access to a number of GDSes where inventory is published by the airlines but the KE F inventory isn't among what they have access to. Similarly, NW and KE used to privately exchange that data and NW was willing to publish it on their website. EF cannot simply wave a magic wand and cause the results to show up.
sbm12 is correct, just because we request a class code of an airlines host system doesn't mean it will be returned. What commonly happens is that a class code had been programmed to be published to the GDSes at some point in the past because it used to represent something else (like a paid fare class). Now it represents an award class, so it's still there, however other award codes aren't. Not all classes are published by default by airlines, they have to specifically specify each one.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.