AF Premium Voyager Review

AF Premium Voyager Review

Old Dec 31, 11, 7:22 am

Programs: USAirways Silver, Marriott Silver
Thank you.
Old Dec 31, 11, 7:52 am

Programs: DL Diam 2MM, HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by DLBIZTRAVELER View Post
Priced out a multicity, open jaw fare from JFK, including JFK-BCN, MAD- BKK, and returning BKKto JFK. Premium voyager priced $500 LOWER than economy coach. I jumped at it!
I found the same thing booking in Sept 11 for a trip in Nov 11 -- DCA-ATL-CDG-BKK-PNH-CDG-ATL-DCA. PV was about $1000 cheaper than regular coach and allowed stopovers in BKK outbound and CDG on the return. Still seems to happen with some booking to Asia.
Old Sep 7, 12, 10:54 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
with the new AF special meals that you can purchase - will that make you ineligible for the upgrade at time of departure if "O" space opens up?

I know that historically having any sort of special meal disqualifies you from an op-up but not sure if the same thing counts for 'paid' special meals and 'paid' upgrades
Old Aug 23, 13, 4:57 pm

Programs: FB PE
I agree with what has been said about the Premium Voyageur product. I just flew TATL eastbound in AF PV. Normally, I avoid AF longhaul since the comfort of the seats is the most important thing for me and I find AF seats very unpleasant. Therefore, I decided to book PV instead of Y for about 300 EUR price difference for one single leg in PV (rest of the ticket in Y). Big mistake.

In comparison:

Catering. The same.

Leg room. Similar to exit rows in Y, so I could have had the same leg room in Y if I had made sure that I get a good seat.

Amenity kit. One pair of socks and ear plugs.

Seat. Terrible. It is wider than a Y seat, so a bit more comfortable (in fact, this is a major plus since AF Y seats feel extremely narrow). But the seat was so terribly uncomfortable that I would barely able to sleep, and I am normally someone who can sleep on airplanes. I think that a Y seat might have been more comfortable after all.

Cabin. Since there are 2+4+2 seats in a row, it's slightly more comfortable than the 3+4+3 in Y. Also, the cabin is relatively small, so that's a plus.

All in all, the parts that are better than Y are certainly not worth 300 EUR, and the only thing that I really cared about (seat comfort) was worse than in Y.

In the future, I will just continue to avoid AF on longhaul and make sure that I book KL instead (actually, just did that today when I had an option between AF and KL for an intercontinental flight and chose KL even though the AF flight had a more convenient departure time).
Old Aug 26, 13, 1:25 pm

Programs: Delta Gold Medalion, USAirways Silver
Air France Affairs (Business Class) from CDG-IAD has slowly declined over the years. However, it went from average in June to abysmal in August. The quality of the food and wine was poor, and served in little plastic cups or plates. Service was perfunctory at best. AF used to be one of my favorite carriers but I've given up and will no longer use them. With regard to PV, it truly has the most uncomfortable seats I have ever experienced.
Old Aug 26, 13, 11:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge 2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, UA Mileage plus, Le Club Accorhotels platinum
Originally Posted by flyinthecabin View Post
Air France Affairs (Business Class) from CDG-IAD has slowly declined over the years. However, it went from average in June to abysmal in August. The quality of the food and wine was poor, and served in little plastic cups or plates.
I'm a regular on this line and last time was last week (in J). Food has always been quite good ex-CDG (and less good ex-IAD, but that's not unique to this route or to AF). I certainly never had plastic glasses or plates
Old Sep 7, 13, 1:25 pm

Programs: CO Gold, Hotels.. TBD
Contrasting input on that LEG ROOM space. Which is it?

Originally Posted by cityflyer369 View Post
Regarding the seat recline: it depends on how you can sleep on it. I use the back rest for my head only. The rest of my body is on the seat space and the leg rest. So I sleep embryo-style, on my side. This works perfectly for me.
Originally Posted by TGV View Post
Different opinion here.

First, following advices found here on the good legroom of the first row I had reserved a seat there (row 10 on a 3 class 772), and found my legs were blocked by the vertical wall (they can not do otherwise, there is a toilet behind the wall).
Fortunately the cabin was far from full and I was able to move to row 11, where my legs could extend completely below the seat in front.
Note that the wall is not always a problem. For example in the 4 class 772, where the first row of PV is row 22, legs can be extended below the business seat in front, the wall being adequately shaped.

And second I found the seat quite comfortable and slept very well.
Originally Posted by xtof View Post
Same for A330, the first row has a very large legroom in front (row 20 I think), as well as 3 windows !
Old Jun 20, 14, 4:19 pm
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: DL DM, Hertz Gold, Hilton Gold
I just traveled from MSP to CDG in 15B, PV. The leg room was OK but the seat recline was horrible. As others have said, there is no recline; just a slumping down. At least you have a pillow. That was the only thing that allowed a few interrupted hours of sleep. I'd rather have a seat that actually reclines. As for the service, it definitely differs from Delta. After the delivery of our meal and a beverage, there were no other beverage offers until pre arrival. And one particular FA snapped at me as I headed toward the coach lav behind her; PV access to the Business lavatory is not allowed. I'll gladly fly Delta EC next time.
Old Sep 5, 14, 10:15 pm

Programs: Global Entry
Is Air France the only company that flys directly from Houston to Paris?

thank you
Old Sep 6, 14, 12:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge 2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, UA Mileage plus, Le Club Accorhotels platinum
Originally Posted by Usalv View Post
Is Air France the only company that flys directly from Houston to Paris?

thank you
Yes. UA (CO) axed the route.
Old Sep 6, 14, 4:50 pm

Programs: Global Entry
Originally Posted by Goldorak View Post
Yes. UA (CO) axed the route.
Deleted post

Last edited by Usalv; Sep 6, 14 at 6:19 pm