Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > SkyTeam
Reload this Page >

China Southern experience as SkyTeam Elite Plus

China Southern experience as SkyTeam Elite Plus

Old May 6, 2011, 2:12 am

Last year I was on a flight that could not depart due to technical issues. While we deboarded the bottle of waters were already brought. When the delay prolonged food and more drinks were brought as well.
Never experienced that with any other airline. In the end our delay was 5hrs but they started to look after us from the first minute.
Old May 6, 2011, 5:12 am

Programs: AZ Exec, FB PFL, OneWorld Sapphire, IHG Diamond, Accor Platinum, Avis/Hertz President
Wink

Originally Posted by typhoon
I recently flew China Southern, and thought I would describe my experiences as an Elite Plus with Air France.
I can confirm all what Typhoon wrote.
Just one remark, lounges are good apart from PVG which is a shame.
Beijing, Shenzhen and Hongqiao are well worth a try.

Lounge access is not granted to E+ flying economy, but if you manage to fly together with a Chinese friend of yours you will get it

Ciao
Ulxima
Old May 6, 2011, 6:35 am

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M Senator, A|Club Platinum, Mariott Gold
I have always granted lounge access (with 1 guest) use my FBP. Usually the check-in agent put a gold sticker on my BP.

Sometimes you can buy economy comfort (booking class W, FB earning 100%) with reduced fair. EC on CS has 4-6" of extra legroom and is located right after C. You get a blanket and some extra food, some extra services. I have seen 50% discounted W fairs.

I have never seen those tickets offered from cs website but can get from elong, ctrip or local ticket pushers.

So I suppose the monderator has got one of those tickets.
Old May 8, 2011, 9:37 am

Programs: FB plat, M&M FT
I have a question. I'd like to fly with CZ soon to New Zealand (as they have truly amazing prices) only I fail to find the booking class. I mean, I can figure out what it is.

So, where should I be informed about the class then? after all I'd like to end up with some class earning miles, as the mileage might be kinda big...
Old May 8, 2011, 2:02 pm

Programs: AF/KL FB Plat 4L, VA Vel Silver, BA EC, LH M&M
If you book the flight on their website, you can have a look at the fare conditions once you have chosen your flight. In the fare condition window you will see the fare code, which is a combination of, say, 5 to 8 letters and numbers. This combination always starts with a letter and this very first letter is the booking class. If you book via a travel agency, ask your travel agent.
Old May 9, 2011, 4:56 am

Programs: FB plat, M&M FT
it works! thanks
so it turns out that one is likely to get a class not eligible to earn any miles. duh.
Old Dec 25, 2013, 2:23 am

Programs: DL PLAT, SPG PLAT
flew last week, ICN-CGQ tix system couldn't even display my elite plus status.... FA was busy checking his smart phone when he wasn't dosing off....
Old Dec 31, 2013, 3:45 am

Programs: AY, SQ, EK
Flew CZ Y+ SIN-CAN return over the weekend - I was positively impressed by both the airline and Baiyun airport.

I have AF gold (so that might only be Elite i/o Elite Plus?), but I can report:
- priority check-in & boarding at SIN and CAN worked well (no waiting)
- the BPs did say "SkyTeam Elite"
- lounge access worked fine (SATS in T1 & CZ int'l lounge)
- was "upgraded" to Y+ at check-in on CAN-SIN due to oversold Y (I had paid for Y+ on the outbound); I was pleasantly surprised by the leg room in Y+ (perfectly sufficient for a 4h flt in my case) & on the outbound a new A320 (YoM 2013) with personal IFE

I'm not a big SkyTeam flyer, but really thought CZ did a good job.
Old Jan 2, 2014, 4:30 am

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
AF/Flying Blue Gold is Elite+.
Old Jan 2, 2014, 6:52 am

Programs: AY, SQ, EK
Originally Posted by KLflyerRalph
AF/Flying Blue Gold is Elite+.
Thank you - one does learn something new every day! ^
Old Feb 20, 2014, 8:47 am

Programs: AA Exp / Marriott Titanium / Hilton Gold / Hyatt Globalist / United Silver
Does anyone know if I can use the priority check-in & priority bag with my two co-workers who are non-status?

DL/KL/AF had no problem, but I was wondering about how it would work on CZ since their website isn't telling me anything.
Old Feb 21, 2014, 3:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by samwise6222
Does anyone know if I can use the priority check-in & priority bag with my two co-workers who are non-status?

DL/KL/AF had no problem, but I was wondering about how it would work on CZ since their website isn't telling me anything.
Just try and you'll see !
Old Nov 23, 2017, 11:57 am

Programs: NH Plat, AA Gold
Thought I would update with my experience. I am ST Elite Plus with Alitalia. I could not get CZ to provide free seat reservation. They told me I would have to pay $15 per segment for seat selection. On their website, every seat I picked - not the preferred seats like emergency exit row - would cost $15. And it is per segment. I have a two segment return flight. But this is free only for their elite pax. This is a benefit for all Skyteam Elite pax under the Skyteam Alliance umbrella but CZ won't honour it. What's the point of flying with CZ if you are not going to receive the benefits of a ST Elite Plus?
Old Nov 25, 2017, 2:25 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by salfcl
Thought I would update with my experience. I am ST Elite Plus with Alitalia. I could not get CZ to provide free seat reservation. They told me I would have to pay $15 per segment for seat selection. On their website, every seat I picked - not the preferred seats like emergency exit row - would cost $15. And it is per segment. I have a two segment return flight. But this is free only for their elite pax. This is a benefit for all Skyteam Elite pax under the Skyteam Alliance umbrella but CZ won't honour it. What's the point of flying with CZ if you are not going to receive the benefits of a ST Elite Plus?
As posted in your other thread, it seems you have misinterpreted the alliance elite benefit. While it would be nice to have the benefit you seek, it isn't listed as an alliance elite benefit.
Old Nov 29, 2017, 3:43 pm

Programs: CX DM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton DM, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
As posted in your other thread, it seems you have misinterpreted the alliance elite benefit. While it would be nice to have the benefit you seek, it isn't listed as an alliance elite benefit.
AS OP mentioned that he didn't get lounge access when flying CZ... should that be a listed benefit?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.