Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Global Airline Alliances > SkyTeam
Reload this Page >

KLM "Economy Comfort" seats

KLM "Economy Comfort" seats

Old Sep 19, 10, 6:59 pm

Programs: DL Diamond 1MM, Emirates Silver
Delta Ticket on KLM flight with Economy Comfort

Booked flight from SAN - SEA - AMS - DEL for late Oct, 2010 over 10 days ago with Delta. When I selected my seats, I was able to select KLM Economy Comfort seats for myself and wife. Still to this date, both flights to and from AMS - DEL shows "requested" on Delta Site. Checking KLM site shows seat status as "pending". Have called Delta and KLM on getting a confirmed seating but both wants me to contact the other airline or they transfer me to a phone that has been disconnected. Regular KLM site shows that Skyteam Elite Plus members get discounted rate. By the time I fly this route, I will have my DL Diamond Status. Does this mean that I will need to contact KLM and fork over some more money to get these seats? Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. Would hate to land in AMS from SEA and KLM tells me that the only seats that are left are middle seats and you and your wife will be sitting in different parts of the plane.
Old May 5, 11, 8:49 pm

kLM Economy Comfort

I'm flying KLM Economy Comfort for the first time, but I really don't see much of a difference in the seating when compared to regular coach. I'm average height, 5'10" and to me the legroom in EC does not seem any better when compared to a regular coach seat on Delta or American.
Old May 6, 11, 10:46 am

Programs: A3/Gold, BA/Bronze + other less precious metals
Originally Posted by ezeFreeport View Post
I'm flying KLM Economy Comfort for the first time, but I really don't see much of a difference in the seating when compared to regular coach. I'm average height, 5'10" and to me the legroom in EC does not seem any better when compared to a regular coach seat on Delta or American.
Welcome to FT!

Well, the legroom IS better. No matter which way you look at it, DL/AA offer 31-32'' in Economy to Europe, KL EC has 35".
Old May 8, 11, 2:19 pm

Programs: AF/KL FB Plat 4L, VA Vel Silver, BA EC, LH M&M
I agree. And actually this difference in inches is the only difference between EC and normal Economy. (Otherwise EC would not be as cheap as it is.) If you would like to have more comfort, you would have to fly AF's Premium Economy, which offers a completely different seat and, if I remember correctly, 38''.
Old Jul 17, 13, 5:12 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, QF Lifetime Gold, SPG Plat (Lifetime Gold), Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Plat
How much extra is Economy Comfort on DL from BOS-AMS-BOS (each way)?

If I buy a discount economy T class KL codeshare ticket on on DL metal through klm.com, when would I be able to buy the Economy Comfort seat and how do I buy it (assuming no status)?

Is it the same if I were to ticket in DL on delta.com?

Last edited by nologic; Jul 17, 13 at 5:35 pm
Old Mar 10, 14, 6:47 am

Thumbs down really bad experience in KLM "Economy Comfort" zone

Hi all

This is my first post here, I have been an Air France frequent flyer for over 20 years. Being over 6 ft tall, I have upgraded my Dubai-Amsterdam ticket (KLM 0428) for the Economy Comfort zone to be able to sleep after a week of professional meetings.

KLM has placed in the 2 seats next to me a dutch couple with a 1 yr old infant and it has been hell during the all flight duration: the poor child has been crying and kicking me all night long and the mum that was seating beside me found nothing else to do to calm him down that shaking him nervously and shouting "shhhhh" at him all the time.

The KLM staff came on a few occasions asking the dad to walk around with the child but that was clearly not enough to give a chance to enjoy the extra legroom and give me a chance to close my eyes

I did not sleep one second and I am just after placing a complaint

It felt like flying with a low-cost airline like Ryanair despite the flight with the "upgrades" cost me over euro 1200

Next time I will definitely be flying with Emirates as KLM has obviously not a clue about respecting customer's wish for Comfort. This was a very louzy experience that I do not wish to anyone...
Old Mar 10, 14, 6:49 am

Programs: BA
Wink

Originally Posted by FlorentFrance View Post

Next time I will definitely be flying with Emirates as KLM has obviously not a clue about respecting customer's wish for Comfort. This was a very louzy experience that I do not wish to anyone...
Will Emirates guarantee you a seat that is not next to a family or an annoying person? Must be the first airline to offer that?
Old Mar 10, 14, 12:07 pm

Programs: EY Silver, BA Bronze, Accor Gold
Flew Emirates DXB-AMS last week and had a crying baby as well.
I you can't cope with that and blame the airline, stay home or buy a suite in First.
Old Mar 11, 14, 1:46 am

Programs: FB Silver, MR Platinum (Life), EK Silver, DL, UA Premier, BA, HH Gold, A3 *Silver
Originally Posted by KLflyerRalph View Post
Flew Emirates DXB-AMS last week and had a crying baby as well.
I you can't cope with that and blame the airline, stay home or buy a suite in First.
And even then ... what's to stop the rich Emirati from putting his family including babies in the suites all around you?

GenevaFlyer
Old Mar 11, 14, 5:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge 2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, UA Mileage plus, Le Club Accorhotels platinum
Originally Posted by FlorentFrance View Post
I did not sleep one second and I am just after placing a complaint

It felt like flying with a low-cost airline like Ryanair despite the flight with the "upgrades" cost me over euro 1200

I completely understand your frustration but I don't understand at all your anger against KL. How can you blame an airline for a crying baby
Very annoying indeed but...